Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

High sinking further and further south on today`s runs,doesn`t look too disruptive this one,unlike this morning`s charts.

High will be ending on top of us the way its going on.

Recm1441.gif

Posted

Felt really mild walking home from work earlier. Really weird to think that in just a few days time it could be snowing again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Amusing how this has suddenly become the footy thread! ⚽️

Posted
2 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I think you'll do alright in the play offs anyway, the only other decent team is Fulham.

Yep, Fulham definitely the strongest competition.

51 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Amusing how this has suddenly become the footy thread! ⚽️

We don't have much weather to discuss at the moment!

Edited by Staffordshire
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Creeping to DRL....

My I present some figures for today..

Minimum overnight -1.7C, Current 9.0C. Fairly bright, but high level cloud increasing now.

Winds picking up now from the SSE (gusts to 12 mph).

Looking forward to the weekend, looks as if we will miss the core of the beast, but we should still see some convective type showers, and just still possible a longer period of snow. Looks as if the Wash streamer could be perfect for us.  

Still quite up-beat about events. I just hope the farmers are made aware.as it is in the middle of the lambing season.

Talking of countryside, I see that the first osprey back to Rutland Water is 'Maya', earliest ever recorded date, and she is now live on their webcam for anyone interested.

She must have caught the southerly winds moving up from Africa at the current time, to be here this early. 

I am sure she will be alright with the cold, though a big prolonged  freeze on the Water could make her fishing very difficult.!

Anyway make the most of today, rain most of tomorrow, followed by snow showers from Sat pm looks to be the order of events.

PSS

What a total disaster for Utd last night. 4 shots at goal in each of their last 2 home-games,? Wow, will Jose survive?:nonono::D

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2

Posted

Snow patch still hanging on in the woods at 290m altitude this morning - top of the Lickey Hills on the edge of Birmingham.

IMG-20180314-00396.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Right, as largely a non-football fan (sorry!) here's a quick comment on the weather! Although today is reasonably mild on the thermometer (max 10.8 °C so far) it doesn't really feel it with leaden skies and a brisk SE wind. Regardless of whether we end up with any serious cold or snow in a few days' time, I suspect that Saturday will feel pretty bitter either way.

And, heretical thought though it is, I'm not really looking forward to it. I've had enough of winter after the other week and the December dollop, and I just want this next cold spell over. Bring on the high teens and warm sunshine, please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
3 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Creeping to DRL....

May I present some figures for today..

Minimum overnight -1.7C, Current 9.0C. Fairly bright, but high level cloud increasing now.

Looking forward to the weekend, looks as if we will miss the core of the beast, but we should still see some convective type showers, and just still possible a longer period of snow. Looks as if the Wash streamer could be perfect for us.  

Still quite up-beat about events. I just hope the farmers are made aware.as it is in the middle of the lambing season.

Talking of countryside, I see that the first osprey back to Rutland Water is 'Maya', earliest ever recorded date, and she is now live on their webcam for anyone interested.

She must have caught the southerly winds moving up from Africa at the current time, to be here this early. 

I am sure she will be alright with the cold, though a big prolonged  freeze on the Water could make her fishing very difficult.!

Anyway make the most of today, rain most of tomorrow, followed by snow showers from Sat pm looks to be the order of events.

PSS

What a total disaster for Utd last night. 4 shots at goal in each of their last 2 home-games,? Wow, will Jose survive?:nonono::D

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 hour ago, ExileFromTheNorth said:

I see the Met Office has a yellow warning for snow for here on Sunday!

Yes a Wash streamer set up situation and looking good for parts of the Midlands come Sunday....ATM that is :)

96-779UK_zfu2.GIF

Posted

Looking forward to the temperature differences with FRIDAY 12C then SATURDAY barely above freezing :cold:

51-778UK_cep5.GIF75-778UK_yks3.GIF

Posted
7 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Creeping to DRL....

My I present some figures for today..

PSS

MIA

Can you put a link to your above post  regards  Rutland water please 

Posted
29 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Snow chances aren't looking great here. 

LONG WAY TO GO YET MATT....ATM DON'T LOOK TO BAD:cold-emoji:

image.thumb.png.0390b57158c3451b310a077ddd29a029.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

I know some people don't rate the ICON model, but it does look like it has upgraded the weekends east attack.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

My first proper night out in ages drinking with the lads sat night and we get snow!! Arrr can’t it wait until Sunday lol, love snow but don’t want my night ruined with the stuff

Edited by markw2680
Error

Posted
6 minutes ago, shaky said:

Icon is brutal for saturday and sunday!!upgrades continue!!this could be just as good as the last beast!!shorter but more potent!!

What does it show for the midlands??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Snow chances aren't looking great here. 

do okay from the Wash, at least here, models moved further north tonight, short lived beast, but snow chances from 10pm Sat to midday Mon

Posted
16 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

My first proper night out in ages drinking with the lads sat night and we get snow!! Arrr can’t it wait until Sunday lol, love snow but don’t want my night ruined with the stuff

What's wrong with being snowed in at the pub? :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

No more snow please. Having had to be dug out by the farmer three times just gone I don't want to get snowed in again. I've got a hospital appointment first thing Monday.

The remains of the last huge drifts have only just gone a few days ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

What's wrong with being snowed in at the pub? :drunk-emoji:

Absolutely nothing but it’s more of a pub crawl type of thing, plus I don’t want the taxis to say they can’t take us home lol