Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Already bored with this milder weather. Don't understand people cheering the prospect of mild weather at this time of year. It's not real warmth. It's not like it's 20 degrees+ and sunny. It's 7 degrees and dreary. 

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Already bored with this milder weather. Don't understand people cheering the prospect of mild weather at this time of year. It's not real warmth. It's not like it's 20 degrees+ and sunny. It's 7 degrees and dreary. 

I agree. The more likely extreme this time of year is a cold one, rather than hot. It's the opposite side of the year to September when warm weather often still shows its hand and when extremely cold weather is next to non existent.

Though warmer and more pleasant conditions do often occur in March, but seldom if ever is it hot. Though March 2012 was pretty warm and almost summery as was March 2000 I believe. 

What we have now though is neither here nor there really which is probably more normal for this time of year as Spring like Autumn is a transitional season between the 2 main extreme ones. Been as we're still far closer to Winter than Summer though, colder conditions can still show their hand though their bite is less and less likely to be as sharp the further we head away from it. The models are hinting at the possibility of Winter having another go though later in the month so something to keep an eye on, just how wintry it might end up on the ground though is hard to say. But as late March 2013 proved even post equinox, Winter weather can still pack a hard punch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Summer Sun? not sure if he is trolling the forum sometimes, but he is first in there if a model shows wet and windy, excites him 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

H all,

Saturday looks wintry in my neck of the woods.... well that's if Net Weather as anything to do with it....but the12z GFS just looks like a plain old....Wash out :nonono:

image.thumb.png.9276875a686f0977e75c42103b37feaf.png90-574UK_won6.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Off to Cheltenham next week, could we see snow?

SNOW...Can't see it happening but looks very unsettled

MET OFFICE

LATEST....Into next week, it remains unsettled, with further spells of rain, heavy at times, but interspered with brighter and showery interludes.

Probably the wettest and windiest conditions are likely to be across the south and west

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A pretty dismal outlook for my part of the world, really. I'll be out on both this and next weekends, and I don't really want heavy (possibly sleety) rain. Frankly, almost anything would be better than that. I just hope we get a decent summer if we do have to endure cold-but-not-interestingly-cold spring for weeks on end.

And yes, I do want mild weather now... if it's properly mild, and also dry and bright. Sunshine and temps into the teens would be wonderful and I'd welcome it with open arms. March 2012, as has been mentioned, had some of that. No, 7 °C and overcast/wet/windy isn't very inviting, I'll agree with that.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
19 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Personally for me, while I love the snow, I get fed up of the cold pretty quickly. De-icing my car and sitting in freezing cold seats every morning is no fun at all. If it's the weekend or I have time off work, then I don't mind.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

BBC just showed possibility of snow in the Midlands first thing tomorrow. Wont last long but one to keep an eye on if anyone is driving first thing in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
1 hour ago, Staffordshire said:

Interesting forecast for tomorrow morning, kind of crept up on us. I think this thread would be buzzing with activity if we hadn't had the cold spell of last week.

I don't think anyone is aware of it. Only just learnt myself. Looks potentially nasty for a select few. Accumulations will not last or settle easy, but looks heavy during rush hour.

7am tomorrow. 

WKlGIJS.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters
On 06/03/2018 at 13:28, MattStoke said:

You might not have the same opinion if you lived in a house without central heating

Posted
44 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

I don't think anyone is aware of it. Only just learnt myself. Looks potentially nasty for a select few. Accumulations will not last or settle easy, but looks heavy during rush hour.

7am tomorrow. 

WKlGIJS.png

Whilst I am impartial as to whether i get any, it looks like if the PPN is that intense, if it passes across somewhere maybe 150-200m+ it could likely cause some disruption.

On another note, that shower north of Birmingham is making me excited for the summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Strange radar recently, almost 9 degrees and this???

Capture.PNG

Posted
13 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Whilst I am impartial as to whether i get any, it looks like if the PPN is that intense, if it passes across somewhere maybe 150-200m+ it could likely cause some disruption.

On another note, that shower north of Birmingham is making me excited for the summer.

Getting you excited for summer but the radar showing snow on it haha, shown on above post :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

yes........nice to see some convection over Barr Beacon again

con 001.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
42 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Strange radar recently, almost 9 degrees and this???

Capture.PNG

Wow...

The bottom edge has just passed over Solihull with heavy rain and  sleet and hail on the back edge.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Yes it is here - started as rain and turned quickly to sleet and hail.

Posted
1 hour ago, swipe said:

You might not have the same opinion if you lived in a house without central heating

Because mild weather at this time of year is so warm.... ? That's my point. It's 7 degrees. Not 20. Mild is still cold at this time.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

May have to drive over to Coventry on Saturday .  Somebody here saying its going to snow on Saturday , but I cant see that anywhere . Please tell me she is wrong.  Last weekend was enuff stress for me

Posted
32 minutes ago, mr benn said:

May have to drive over to Coventry on Saturday .  Somebody here saying its going to snow on Saturday , but I cant see that anywhere . Please tell me she is wrong.  Last weekend was enuff stress for me

eh? please tell me she's wrong? but she is sadly, no chance, Saturday likely to be warmest day of 2018 so far

ukmaxtemp.png

Posted
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

Because mild weather at this time of year is so warm.... ? That's my point. It's 7 degrees. Not 20. Mild is still cold at this time.

ignore swipe, been on my I.L for a bit now

Posted
2 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Wow...

The bottom edge has just passed over Solihull with heavy rain and  sleet and hail on the back edge.

MIA

I thought it was a error on the radar, nice to know it wasn't, its still strange how sleet fell with temperatures that high :cc_confused:

And I guess its a good sign maybe for tomorrow morning for the forecast snow for some :)