Sign in to follow this  
Nick F

Storm & Convective Discussion - 7th August Onwards

16 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Turning in to an MCS?

2018-08-07.thumb.png.6c48b917950980522416cc0a02678ca8.png

Not sure but it's certainly undergoing some pretty impressive expansion on the last few radar frames!?

Edited by Ice Day

24 minutes ago, Nick F said:

What little rain has fallen to the ground from these showers spreading NE has left a dirty orange/ brown film on the car window that wasn’t there earlier, presumably Sahara dust being rained out from atmosphere.

Same here, my car is now filthy with sand, dust and pollen!!! 

6 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

Not sure but it's certainly undergoing some pretty impressive expansion on the last few radar frames!?

Looks like the eastern side will develop and cycle, the western end will just turn into a wet mess affecting most of the SE 

36 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

The one to the East has most certainly gone bang into an MCS Going by the radar.

My station at home is right on edge of the cloud by the looks of it.

Screenshot_2018-08-07-16-23-13.thumb.png.1288ece2d42b9bbd9ef45058ee53c80e.png

Looks like some rain coming in, most to the east of the iow, could be a big let down even for those in the extreme east. Highly unusual to see developments from a decaying storm that will contain a lot of outflow.

Edited by Alderc

9 minutes ago, Biggin said:

The one to the East has most certainly gone bang into an MCS Going by the radar.

It's developing into a very impressive system.  Not a huge amount of electrical activity within it ........ yet!

Saw the edge of that when I was out for a walk not long ago. A few convective rain drops falling here again. 

2B3E9243-529E-4A9C-AD34-5FA0ECA65EC2.jpeg

I'm watching the Channel mass with interest! The early showers only gave a few drops of rain here. It didn't even move our cat from his sunbathing spot.  

The area on the French coast developed a nice right moving element - now scooting along getting very active and heading for Paris...better look up some webcams....

6 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

The area on the French coast developed a nice right moving element - now scooting along getting very active and heading for Paris...better look up some webcams....

Storm heading towards Rouen looks supercellular on radar. Afraid it’s looking like one of them nights of envy on the continent tonight. Quite a kick in the nuts given the high temps we are seeing today. Estofex is looking bang on. 

1367602A-DCEF-41C0-83FC-300E5E4FDEBA.jpeg

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Kent Clipper at best, as long as we get rain though I'll be happy

Live webcam at LeHavre showing occasional nice lightning off to the west. Shame the camera is on auto-pan!

Meanwhile, the mass coming off the Channel is now preparing to split to go either side of my house. Sigh.

Edited by StormLoser

3 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Cannot find a Rouen webcam. Anyone know of one? 

Been looking as well but no luck

22 minutes ago, StormLoser said:

Live webcam at LeHavre showing occasional nice lightning off to the west. Shame the camera is on auto-pan!

Meanwhile, the mass coming off the Channel is now preparing to split to go either side of my house. Sigh.

It's decaying pretty rapidly after crossing the channel. Just goes to show heat is only one factor creating a storm

Look at france, lucky beggars!! They've stolen our storms, even though WE had to put up with the heat and humidity!

Half a dozen rumbles here in Hawkhurst, Kent. Heavy rain just starting :)

Just had a spell of heavy rain in Eastbourne but no thunder.

860ED9BC-DE5D-4077-A5A7-D48117ED6C6C.thumb.jpeg.a90552cc7187ca4945238c6ddaaf5bcd.jpeg

It’s a shame all this instability is going down the crapper.

very disappointing 

1 minute ago, tomp456 said:

860ED9BC-DE5D-4077-A5A7-D48117ED6C6C.thumb.jpeg.a90552cc7187ca4945238c6ddaaf5bcd.jpeg

It’s a shame all this instability is going down the crapper.

very disappointing 

Agreed.