Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

At what temperature is it too hot to sleep at night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

For you personally?

And is there a general consensus on what temperature becomes uncomfortable for most people?

Posted

It depends on the conditions for me. It can be 18C outside with a keen breeze overnight which allows the heat to be blown out of the house and not be too bad. As long as its less than 24C indoors I can cope generally.

Last night however was awful. It was still 22C at midnight and only dropped to 18.6C. There was no breeze at all so the house just remained uncomfortably hot, not dropping below 27C even by morning.

I'm dreading tonight, it's currently 29.1C inside!

Posted

16.5c min last night was the warmest this summer.

It all depends how sunny the previous day has been,if its cloudy which we`re getting a lot at the moment,temps in our house don`t rise much.

The wall to wall sun the other week made the bedrooms really too warm.

23c now.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

It probably depends whereabouts you are in the UK for me anything above 14/15.C as a minimum is too hot. Which for people in London and the south would probably laugh at as that probably typical for down there. So far this year the warmest night was 16.4.C on the 8th July. One of the perks of being inland in a smallish town in Scotland you can still get very warm days but rarely uncomfortable nights. My record for warmest night is 19.3.C in August 2004. Also I think it also depends how hot it is when you go to bed. It was still 22.C here at 10pm a few nights ago but it dropped to 13.C by 1am. We’ve been very fortunate this summer having some very warm days but very warm nights few and far between. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

i have air conditioning so im good..i find even at 74f (24c) is comfortable in my bedroom for sleeping

Posted

I'm not sure of exact temperatures but I have not yet had a night this year when it's been too hot to sleep. My bedroom is North facing so not sure if that helps.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Depends if there's a breeze or not and how humid it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
44 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I'm not sure of exact temperatures but I have not yet had a night this year when it's been too hot to sleep. My bedroom is North facing so not sure if that helps.

North facing, I find is way hotter than south facing after 6pm, often wished I faced south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I cannot give a figure for here to be fair. I haven't had a highest minimum above 18°C since recording data. Highest minimum has been 16.5°C so far this month, but with mostly 11 to 14's, the average has been 13.7°C for July. I don't have an issues with sleeping during hot weather in this country. I was working in Egypt a few years back and temps were around 24 - 25°C at night, but I had no trouble sleeping in that, mainly because I was too pi€€ed to care.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Hmm I'm normally okay when it comes too sleep and temperatures, but for me if its anything 18+ it starts to become harder to get comfy, if it's 20+ then I don't sleep well at all!

Posted

I can always sleeo but to sleep comfortably I like the indoor temperature to be around 21oC anything below I get a bit chilly and above 23oC I find too warm

Its currently 27.7oC in my room and 25.5oC outside 

My house is always as hot as an oven as my house faces South and I'm in the front of the house with big tipple windows 

Luckily I recently bought an aircon! It was 29.4oC an hour and a half ago when I turned it on so hopefully by 10pm it will have dropped below 25oC and by morning be around 18oC which will be perfect when the sun is baking through the windows  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
5 hours ago, Lauren said:

It will definitely be a cooler room. Try having an east facing bedroom with the sun waking you up at 4:30am in June. When that happens blackout curtains are a must. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
52 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

It will definitely be a cooler room. Try having an east facing bedroom with the sun waking you up at 4:30am in June. When that happens blackout curtains are a must. 

I feel your pain there! East-facing and a top floor flat too, it's stifling in there at the moment. On nights at the moment, at least my room has all night to cool down before I get into bed.

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

My South Facing bathroom is an absolute furnace in the morning, so I think there's something in direction.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, Lauren said:

My South Facing bathroom is an absolute furnace in the morning, so I think there's something in direction.

northern facing the worst in evenings, sun sets at around 305 degrees still, north of west, sun is in room from 6pm

17th-24th june, 313 degrees the worst setting times

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

I’ve got a West facing bedroom so it’s been murder some nights- but I find closing the curtains and window wide open helps a bit before going to bed (couple of hours). But if it’s about 18c outside I. An forget sleep  

Posted

Bedroom faces North East, so pretty good in terms of not getting too much direct sunlight.

It's all about the dewpoints for me (so humidity then!); last couple of nights have been more uncomfortable than so far. Although low temperatures are down to around 16oC, it's much warmer earlier on in the evening and dewpoints have been higher (around 17oC when I went to bed last night, albeit dropping to around 14 this morning). With the windows open and fan running it is bearable though.

Worst place I've lived for uncomfortable temperatures overnight is New York. The first year I was there in 2006, the overnight lows were around 28oC in July (but still in the 30s when I went to bed!). I had one air-conditioning unit, but quickly invested in another! 

Posted

I tell you what though, that opening the loft hatch trick really does work.

Posted

Somehow managed to get 10 hours of sleep today. Find it's easier to sleep for night than day shifts in summer as you get to bed at the coolest part of the day.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

10 hours ,I'm lucky to get 6 lol

Unfortunately I cannot function properly without 8-10 hours, anything less than 6 and that's basically my day ruined. Pain in the backside.

Posted

That's one thing I am grateful for. I have always been a good sleeper. Can get 8 to 10 hours no problem usually.