Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Who else cant wait for this heatwave to end??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Hope it lasts. Beats years like 2011 and 2012 any day, which were truly miserable summers. We probably won’t get another summer like this for a long while, so make the most and best of it whilst you can. 

• Like 3

Posted

Friday was great with all that rain,freshened it up,couple of cooler days last week.

I wouldn`t call it a heatwave this week in the west with lots of cloud and fronts coming in, been more of a westerly influence this last 7 to 10 day.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Nope I think after the winter/early spring snow and cold the heat has been great. We’ve not had any exceptionally warm weather for about a week now. Most days temperatures have been around 22.C-27.C which for central Scotland is very respectable normally it would only stay that warm for a few days but it’s been the norm since the middle of May. Although yes it did get too hot up here for a while at the end of June we had 2 days where it got above 30.C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I am enjoying this weather and it's a big contrast to that lingering winter we had. I think this is Mother Nature's way of apologising.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

im glad i no longer live in London...can get away with a few hot days in summer..but prolonged heat would be miserable esp with no A/C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
18 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

Although the weather fan in me does not mind it (and the humidity has been worse as recently as the July 16 hot spell) for the most part it outstayed its welcome in early July when we started dialing up the minima and humidity a bit. 

Same here.  If it drops down to or below 16-17C overnight and the humidity is low, as it was during June, I quite enjoy the warmth, but it's been 30C here today and has felt much more humid than the supposed 42% on Wunderground.  What's worse is that it'll probably be in the mid-20s indoors overnight.

Posted

People from the Midlands north and west saying that there hasn't been a drought or heatwave mildly annoy me - try being here in South Norfolk or anywhere in the SE, East Anglia or Home Counties!

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

People from the Midlands north and west saying that there hasn't been a drought or heatwave mildly annoy me - try being here in South Norfolk or anywhere in the SE, East Anglia or Home Counties!

There has a been a drought here by definition.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Happy to have to have it end or go back to the lovely weather we had in May with low 20's and a nice fresh breeze.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

There has a been a drought here by definition.

Fair point - apologies.  I was really referencing the ongoing heat.

Posted
11 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Do they?  They are fibbing then  hardly any rain whatsoever  only 2mm this month and only 3mm the previous month  very much a heatwave and drought here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Im not wanting it to End yet, been after a summer like this forever! Now its here im making the most of it before summer is out! Would love a good torrential downpour at the minute it would be so fresh and amazing, but I am still loving every moment of what this year has brought!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not sure that I'm ready for an end to the heat just yet (let the kiddies have a decent summer holiday for once?); but I do, however, wish it would hurry up and rain - we've had sod all here, since the end of May!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think we (heat/sun lovers) can all agree that ideally this heat would be interspersed with some epic thunderstorms. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I think we (heat/sun lovers) can all agree that ideally this heat would be interspersed with some epic thunderstorms. 

And heat haters too! This has been an appalling summer for thunderstorms.

In terms of heat though, starting to struggle a bit now the nights are getting warmer. I'm looking forward to getting to Arizona next week so I'll have an air conditioned hotel room for a fortnight...

• Like 1

Posted

I've been coping alright until today. A 18.6C min last night followed by probably some of the worst conditions I've ever experienced in the UK - a temp of 30.3C with a dewpoint of 20.3C.

It would be OK if there was the odd cooler day, but its been relentless for a couple of weeks now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

First really warm day here today 27 degrees here felt so humid but pouring with rain again now. Been glorious here but never to hot, but the sun amounts have been tremendous can't remember a summer as sunny as this one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

If I was 20 years younger I would have enjoyed this heat but as I am older I cannot cope with the heat like I used to do.   I am only looking forward to heavy showers of rain with plenty of thunder and lightning to clear the air and make the cooler.

• Like 1

Posted

Not just you!

The minute it starts raining (hopefully for a few good weeks solid, with some decent storms) and the temperature drops by at least 10c won't be a minute too soon.

Roll on Autumn and winter.

Mr Sweaty Jolly

Edited by mrjolly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It's currently still 26oC outside and with a high of 30.5oC today I'm now desperately trying to cool my room down with my new aircon 

It's gone from nearly 30 to 27 over the last 3 hours but it is helping! Was on the south coast this weekend and temperatures around 25oC and wall to wall sun

Apparently it's been cloudier here in north London and hot and humid 

Its the humidity which is getting to me but it's interesting to experience weather similar to the heatwave of 1975 which everyone always refers to so long may it last 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Katrine Basso said:

If I was 20 years younger I would have enjoyed this heat but as I am older I cannot cope with the heat like I used to do.   I am only looking forward to heavy showers of rain with plenty of thunder and lightning to clear the air and make the cooler.

I was 19 in 1976, Katrine, and it was fantastic - now, though it's like walking through syrup!

But six weeks' incessant thunderstorms would make up for it!?️⛈️ 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
3 minutes ago, ARW WeatherMan said:

It's currently still 26oC outside and with a high of 30.5oC today I'm now desperately trying to cool my room down with my new aircon 

It's gone from nearly 30 to 27 over the last 3 hours but it is helping! Was on the south coast this weekend and temperatures around 25oC and wall to wall sun

Apparently it's been cloudier here in north London and hot and humid 

Its the humidity which is getting to me but it's interesting to experience weather similar to the heatwave of 1975 which everyone always refers to so long may it last 

cant be much of an A/C unit if its only dropped the temp by 3c in 3 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

I recently moved from Gatwick up to just East of Loughborough. There has definitely been drought in this area of the Midlands. No green grass here. Ground cracked. We have had minor rain since 23rd May, which has done nothing but evaporate. 

Where I am we have had breeze and some quite chilly nights despite the heat, however, I am not a heat lover due to and autoimmune condition don't deal well with higher temperatures.

That said, it has been cooler up here than down south and drier than West Midlands. Last time I saw really decent rain was on 16th June just outside Birmingham, which was a torrential downpour.

Each day is a day closer to cooler weather!