Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Who else cant wait for this heatwave to end??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

Started this thread as im sick of the heat, fed up of melting everytime i move. Feel free to moan away 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Not a fan of the heat personally.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It’s been hell, can’t breath properly, sweating like a trouper, gardening taking a back seat as too blinking hot out there and ad for the housework...well, minimal to say the least. Driving with air con or windows down sometimes is nice though. Roll on autumn ????

• Like 3

Posted

Although its been warm to very warm the humidity has not been high, so far....

Not great to work or commute in that's a fact.

The south coast with its refreshing on shore breeze must be nice, away from inland cities where pollution and heat are a nasty combination.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Nope, really enjoying it. BUT would be good to have had some storms thrown in with it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Endless days between 21 and 28 deg,keep it coming to the end of September.It has not been as hot as many heatwaves in the past ,just good summer temperatures,unless you live in the south of course.

• Like 1

Posted

Well it is now the School Holidays (usually a weather curse) and i'm sure it will go downhill before August ends, And yes the heat ends needs to leave as soon as possible, it outstayed it's welcome somewhere around the first week of July.

Edited by Weather26
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
44 minutes ago, Don said:

Not normally a fan of hot weather but I am actually enjoying this summer!

me too donald, been good summer, no southerlies this summer yet, so real heat missed here thankfully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

I’ve had enough of the heat, and so have my young children! Only a few weeks and the nights will begin to draw in and things will then begin to cool down!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Yep, not a fan of the heat. Here in south Wales we haven't had the hottest of the temperatures, but certainly no cool down either. Seems like it's been dry and 25- 30c for as long as I can remember.

Wouldn't complain if it meant we had a proper winter either, but with El Nino kicking in, we could be in for an Atlantic driven one. Law of averages says we're in for something anyway! 

It'll get hotter before it gets cooler too I reckon. I'll put up with it if it means a stormy breakdown second half of August and then into a proper Autumn. Need some relief!

Edited by RhysWales

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

me too donald, been good summer, no southerlies this summer yet, so real heat missed here thankfully

That's the thing, whilst it has certainly been a hot summer, we haven't yet experienced exceptional temperatures i.e. 34C+.  However, that could well change towards the end of next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

I'm with you snowgirl30, can't wait for this weather to break and go away,  I really find the constant heat and dry too much and it does aggravate my health issues somewhat.  I have a fairly large garden and trying to keep the garden going on my own in this dry weather is exhausting and I think I have lost the battle - a number of plants have simply frazzled in the sun.   If the heat was interspersed with thundery break downs to appease the gardens it might help but we've not had that.  My friends husband is a small farmer and he is struggling with crops and livestock and is desperate to see rain. The crop yields will be down due to lack of water .....so no doubt some food stuffs will go up in price.  The potatoes went up in Sainsburys last week. I also have woodland and fields of crops on two sides of my bungalow and it is so dry it has worried me and my neighbours.   Quite a few people I know who do love summer and heat are really fed up with it now. I am dreading what this week will throw at us......need a break from it now.

• Like 3

Posted

I garden for a living,have lost most of my grasscutting,dealing with idiots who wont water their gardens,im fair haired and fair skin into the bargain lol......however,friends that run food kiosks,who had a terrible spring are doing well but farmers,garden centres ect are having a difficult time,so my take on it....21 c....everyone can operate in those temps,sleep nights,tan safely if they want,the prospect of 35 c here in the South quite frankly concerns me,but its what we have got and its not going any time soon.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, snowgirl30 said:

Started this thread as im sick of the heat, fed up of melting everytime i move. Feel free to moan away 

Pftt try being in London true endless heatwave ! 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Although the weather fan in me does not mind it (and the humidity has been worse as recently as the July 16 hot spell) for the most part it outstayed its welcome in early July when we started dialing up the minima and humidity a bit. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Somewhere  I try to avoid heatwave or not ,lol

Everyone’s better off. :spiteful:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Although not been in London for 4 days , come back from Spain on Thursday, I can honestly say that it’s not always been heatwave conditions in London , sure some hot days , sure, no rain but wall to wall sunshine it has not Been and the temperatures have not been above 30c for a sustained amount of time , hopefully for some this comes to fruition, I admit I wilt on the commute home on the district line etc and as some one who works in retail am dreading somewhat the repurcussions if real heat hitting , because so things have been unusual rather than abnormal, maybe that might change soon ,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I like a summer with 25c max and rain at night... i know, i know it's unrealistic but this dry spell is too much esp with the cloudy still humidity. When's the storm coming.... 

We have a water meter yet have resorted to filling the water butts in fear of impending hosepipe ban. The amount of plants in our garden and the cost to replace them would be way higher than a water bill - i hope!

Feel sympathy for the farmers/growers. 

• Like 1