Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2018

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It was the sunniest October here since 2008 which recorded 1 hour more ( 104.5 hrs this year, 144% of average ) but was well down on 2003 which recorded 131.3 hrs. It looks as though the year will end up as the sunniest since 2003. We've had 1307 hrs to the end of October and the 12 month total in 2003 was 1567 hrs.

Posted
4 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

November will make up for it for being dull.

Yes an impending dull period for many especially in the west, barely any sunshine forecast for the next few days..

Posted

Well i thoroughly enjoyed the mini cold snap last week but my goodness the next 2 weeks minimum look plain awful for my neck of the woods, mild wet and windy- YUK!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I love this time of yr when the weather is cold and crisp. However Nov can be one hell of a dreary depressing month when we have mild wet muck.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still having some pretty warm temperatures, and still the outlook is even more uncertain than usual. Since mid-October, we've seen it go from 26C to -8C and now it's back up to around 18C...Whatever initiated the SSW seems to have ushered in a prolonged period of ruts and extremes...?

It could be Fred's LIA Footprint or it could be something else entirely. But, whatever it is, it'd better last through the coming winter.:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, sundog said:

I love this time of yr when the weather is cold and crisp. However Nov can be one hell of a dreary depressing month when we have mild wet muck.

Yes, see my post in the model output - many words to describe November beginning with a 'D'. It can deliver lovely cold crisp weather, but more often than not it is mild, dank and dreary misery.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Despite the showers in recent weeks it is still amazingly dry here especially following such a dry summer.

Local met office has a total of 228mm for the 6 months since May,only 1995 and 1989 were drier in the last 100 years

Edited by hillbilly

Posted

We've had just 227.8mm since 27th April. Its been an exceptionally dry period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Pretty wild out there tonight, just had our highest gust of the Autumn at 48mph, wind averaging 27mph from the SSE with lashing rain at the windows.

Glad I'm at home by the fire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

233.0mm here since 1st May.

The grass has almost fully recovered from the very dry summer but it's taken until now and there's been a number of shorter dry spells since that long dry spell.

Nice to have something interesting this evening after such a long period without anything of interest. 

17 minutes ago, matt111 said:

233.0mm here since 1st May.

The grass has almost fully recovered from the very dry summer but it's taken until now and there's been a number of shorter dry spells since that long dry spell.

Nice to have something interesting this evening after such a long period without anything of interest. 

Most of my grass has been washed away in the incessant  debris  flows ,flash floods and drizzle, summers just a distant memory like tears in rain

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
On 10/11/2018 at 00:05, Mokidugway said:

Most of my grass has been washed away in the incessant  debris  flows ,flash floods and drizzle, summers just a distant memory like tears in rain

Indeed. Miss Summer so much already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
9 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Make the most of it!!  -  btw did you see the 12z GFS operational run???    You were the first person that sprang to mind when i watched it unfold - its not particulary very mild apart from this week, but the pressure pattern is right up your street.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

Stunning day today, so nice to get some mild, sunny weather into mid-November. It really shortens the winter as far as I'm concerned. I find it hard to remember a better feeling day for warmth in mid November.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
7 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Stunning day today, so nice to get some mild, sunny weather into mid-November. It really shortens the winter as far as I'm concerned. I find it hard to remember a better feeling day for warmth in mid November.

Still feeling chilly in the shade with the breeze