Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2018

Posted

Meteo's latest update has snow to southern hills as well and it then on the Atlas mountains in Morocco and Algeria after the south coast of Spain.  It looks like we might get a bit of something even if it changes. If you miss out on the 26th, there might be a second chance a few days later.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=16&ech=6&carte=1

Edited by Aleman
  • Like 1

Posted

Its certainly going to feel bitter after what we`ve had this coming weekened.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This weekend

Cold with biting wind
Lots of sunshine
Some wintry showers

Next week

More mobile
Spells of rain
Return to average temperatures?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/45973106

LOL, Oh so typical just as we're approaching the coldest months the atlantic decides to awaken with high pressure over Scandinavia getting easily pushed back eastwards but never far enough to allow proper cold air from the northwest after 6 months of HP dominance. Going to be a long frustrating winter i feel. Of course from late April continental HP will have no trouble dominating, very grim climate ahead of us for next 50 years unless you like warm humid weather dominance. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Eugene said:

LOL, Oh so typical just as we're approaching the coldest months the atlantic decides to awaken with high pressure over Scandinavia getting easily pushed back eastwards but never far enough to allow proper cold air from the northwest after 6 months of HP dominance. Going to be a long frustrating winter i feel. Of course from late April continental HP will have no trouble dominating, very grim climate ahead of us for next 50 years unless you like warm humid weather dominance. 

Bit of a bleak outlook based on not really much at all lol 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
15 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Bit of a bleak outlook based on not really much at all lol 

Indeed Rambo:

IMO, too many peeps radically adjust their long-term expectations as-and-when the GFS & Co change their 15-day prognostications; which, given that said models alter their said prognostications more often than I change my socks, all seems a wee bit premature...?

Don't panic Mr Mainwearing! :shok:

• Like 2

Posted

1st snow and ice warnings of the season issued

Between Fri 20:00 and Sat 11:00 Snow and Ice

• Central, Tayside & Fife
  • Grampian
  • Highlands & Eilean Siar

A mix of rain, hail, sleet and upland snow showers, some heavy, will leave many roads wet tonight and into Saturday morning allowing patchy ice to form. Over upland routes above around 200-300 metres some slushy snow deposits could occur, more notably on hill routes above 400 metres. Travel conditions could become difficult and hazardous, especially on untreated surfaces, or where showers wash away grit or salt.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-10-26

Between Sat 01:00 and Sat 10:00 Ice

• County Antrim
  • County Armagh
  • County Down
  • County Fermanagh
  • County Londonderry
  • County Tyrone

A cold northerly wind will bring a mix of clear spells and showers through Friday and Saturday. As temperatures fall overnight, icy patches are possible, particularly over higher ground and towards southern counties - the ice risk may be increased by showers washing off grit or salt. There is also the chance of seeing hail and sleet in some of the showers, while a few hills may see a slight cover of snow.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-10-26

Posted

Some parts of the UK had snow last Saturday no chance of that this Saturday! 

Temps in the teens pretty much across the board

5757.thumb.png.40755b3b69aa54f3559264053f2452f6.png

Posted

Although I like the cold, it's not nice when you have renovation work done by a useless bunch of builders. I'm glad it's milder for a bit. I think we're seeing a 2009 November on the cards....good omen for winter. 

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

The last 6 days of Oct at my location  failed  to get into double  digit temps.  Very different  from recent October's on that score. 

This Halloween was the 4th consecutive  Halloween  that was colder at my location then the yr before . 2014 the warmest  Halloween i ever recorded 18.3c, 2015 15.9c, 2016 14.0c, 2017 13.6c and 2018 9.4c.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 2

Posted

I hate the dark days of late October through to early January, after which the arrival of snowdrop and crocus shoots fills me with optimism. This October has been a wonderful boost for me as there will hopefully now be less gloom to get through. We've had, I think, 7 grass frosts and two miminal instances of snow in the last 5 weeks but the calm and copious sunshine beats the usual wind and rain hands down. It's been a great October. I've even been out on my bike several times in the middle of the day when I normally give up in early September. Whoever on here is organising the weather, you are on the right track and keep up the good work! (Just don't burst any pipes, please.)

Posted
On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 15:46, Summer Sun said:

I was just about to mention this. October was exceptionally sunny here with 144 hours in total, making it the sunniest on record.

It extends a run of sunnier than average months this year:

May: 280hrs (139%) - sunniest on record
June: 241hrs (131%) - 3rd sunniest
July: 267hrs (134%) - 2nd sunniest
August: 190hrs (103%)
September: 158hrs (109%)
October: 144hrs (133%) - sunniest on record
November: 14hrs (204%) to the 3rd.

It's been quite a year. We're on 1649hrs already when the 1981-2010 average for the whole year is 1547hrs. It's going to finish well above average.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1