Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Rain Club (aka - When did you last have rain?)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looking like we may get our first measurable rain today either 0.1mm or 0.2mm

Posted

Not a drop here for 27 days now. So far this summer we've seen 12.6mm and only 43.2mm since 28th April.

Monday night or Tuesday look the most likely to provide some rain for this location, so we'll probably go a full month without any - something which hasn't ever happened, even back in 1976.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Some very fine rain,just enough to wet the tarmac,maybe half a mil. not going to help anything in the garden,not seen fields like this since 1995

Posted
10 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

First rain in 31 days ,wish it would sod off now .

Mmm are you sure about that, first rain yesterday for 20 days only, some general moderate long lasting stuff today. We had a wet week between 13 and 20 June.

5 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Mmm are you sure about that, first rain yesterday for 20 days only, some general moderate long lasting stuff today. We had a wet week between 13 and 20 June.

6 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

No rain then though I was in Estonia ,I believe there was some thundery rain in lakes according to my mate in torver 

Posted

Trace amounts from a couple of light showers on 16 and 17 June, otherwise absolutely no rain since 3 June here, and the heavy showers have been all around us but no rain here today. So less than 1mm in 40 days and absolutely nothing in 27 days here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

21 days without a drop then at 1725 on Friday the 13th BOOM 12mm in just 20 mins.

As it passed, trailing edge gave some rather mean & loud thunder claps.

should do enough to dampen the tinder dry moorland and give the fire brigade a break

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

wow 4.4mm yesterday.

Posted

Last time we had a few drops of rain in Aylesbury was the morning of the 16th of June with less than half a millimetre of rain but no measurable/proper rain since 30th May!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 hours ago, jordan smith said:

Last time we had a few drops of rain in Aylesbury was the morning of the 16th of June with less than half a millimetre of rain but no measurable/proper rain since 30th May!

Ah hello fellow Aylesbury-dweller! I don't even remember that sprinkling on 16th June. If the EC is to be believed, we won't get a good chance of rain until at least next weekend. Getting on for 2 months without rain must be unprecedented surely?

Posted
8 hours ago, Nick L said:

Ah hello fellow Aylesbury-dweller! I don't even remember that sprinkling on 16th June. If the EC is to be believed, we won't get a good chance of rain until at least next weekend. Getting on for 2 months without rain must be unprecedented surely?

Very unusual and perhaps historic yes but not unprecedented but incredible that it has been so dry the grass is golden brown and even some small trees beginning to wilt and are turning yellow!

Edited by jordan smith

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I don't have my own rainfall records but my nearest met office station at Bingley gives 33 mm for June ,July and August in 1995

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

No rain club. Still here. had no storms either but then it would of rained and i wouldn't be in either.

Just to see a stormy cloud would be nice...

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
43 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Some parts of east anglia are as dry as a witches tit , nearly 50 days without ppn 

i know right. mine are quite dry too.

Posted

29 days without a drop of rain here now and GFS 12z has us with just 3mm between now and the 30th - all of which is supposed to fall tomorrow night and into Tuesday.

I suspect any areas that miss out over the next few days could be waiting a while looking at the models.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
Just now, reef said:

29 days without a drop of rain here now and GFS 12z has us with just 3mm between now and the 30th - all of which is supposed to fall tomorrow night and into Tuesday.

I suspect any areas that miss out over the next few days could be waiting a while looking at the models.

You sure it's that low. Forecast for BD19 has torrential rain. 

Posted
Just now, summer blizzard said:

You sure it's that low. Forecast for BD19 has torrential rain. 

If its in the form of showers, inland generally gets hit while the onshore breeze kills it off here.

GFSOPUK12_348_49.png

Eastern areas look particularly dry.

Posted
11 minutes ago, reef said:

If its in the form of showers, inland generally gets hit while the onshore breeze kills it off here.

GFSOPUK12_348_49.png

Eastern areas look particularly dry.

It's actually the front over the Irish Sea now but clearly it's going to struggle once its passed the Pennines. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The GFS rainfall charts are nonsense quite frankly, it is overestimating convective rainfall on most days. Our forecast is completely dry bar the chance of a shower tomorrow afternoon - and unless we actually do get a very heavy thundery downpour I don't see us getting anywhere near 10mm this week.

Edited by cheese

Posted
21 minutes ago, cheese said:

The GFS rainfall charts are nonsense quite frankly, it is overestimating convective rainfall on most days. Our forecast is completely dry bar the chance of a shower tomorrow afternoon - and unless we actually do get a very heavy thundery downpour I don't see us getting anywhere near 10mm this week.

Tomorrow is a messy front, not a shower. Albeit your point stands the rest of the week.