Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Rain Club (aka - When did you last have rain?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Cannot believe ive got the chance to open a worthy thread about the extroadinary hot, dry settled spell we have had. As im only 25, you can obviously understand why only recent memory serves me to believe why its been the best summer so far that i can remember.

We havent had rain since 16th june and still nothing really at all in the forecast and nothing noteworthy to help the landscape. Theres no real let up. The rain we had on the 16th was a heavy downpour and i think there were only 2 days of measurable rainfall on the back of a very dry may.

What are your thoughs and when did you last have rain? How long will it last and what are your stories. Be good to hear as im really mind blown by it all :)

Edited by Paul
Changed the title

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Last Thursday, there was very light rain.  All it did was wet the garden path a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Tomorrow is 20 days since the last measurable rainfall here, and even that was less than 1mm.

Posted

2 weeks ago on this day and even that was just 7.4mm which fell over the timespan of a whole day. The grass here is completely dead turning almost straw-like in places.

Posted

Today is Day 20 of absolute drought in Evesham - the longest such spell since I started using my current WS in May 2011.

Posted

Mid June I think, but it was only a tiny bit of rain. We haven't had proper rainfall since the beginning of June. Although we have rainfall forecast for the 15th of July, so not long to wait

Posted

Just a few hours ago. A few spits. Overcast day and is set to be for the whole week, last proper rain however was eighteen days ago.

Edited by parrotingfantasist

Posted

No precipitation at all here since 16th June, so now on to the 21st day without any.

Its not the longest spell in recent times though. Strangely that goes to 2007 of all years! 21st August - 16th September 2007 (27 days) saw no measurable rain, which was very welcome after June and July!

2007 was an odd year, as there was an extended dry period before that wet summer too.  24th March - 7th May 2007 (45 days) had only 1.5mm.

Fingers crossed that fortunes don't change for the worse in a similar way this year.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Similar here ,a heavy downpour on 16th June giving aprox 4mm,with just a few light showers spread between 9th,25th and 30th May are all that we have had since the last proper spell of light rain on May 2nd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

7th of June when we had 1mm! It's a little bit bonkers really. So 30 days and counting for Cambridge, though 1mm is nothing really. 

The last significant rainfall was on the 12th May, when 16mm fell in one day....so once this next dry week is finished, it will be 2 months since we had a good soaking! No wonder everything is brown and burnt!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Down here in Southend Tuesday 29th May is the last time we had any rain. That's 6 weeks next Tuesday without any rain.

Edited by Sentinel

Posted

We had our last wet day on the 17th of June and a few showers on the 19th of June but other than that nothing, June was dry following a very dry May and second half of April.

Posted

Last day of 'proper' rain was the 29th May.  Apart from that, just a light shower Wednesday last week!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

May 29th/30th. 40 days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Here in dublin we have had 17.4mm since may 1st and 2.2mm last measurable rain also on June 16th in an early morning shower and that gave us a June total of 3.9mm . some trees are starting to shed leaves and lawns are a golden brown and hosepipe ban is now enforced .Personally for me this is the best summer spell since 1995 but if it continues which seems very likely I am enjoying history in what is certain for me to be the sunniest spell of weather I HAVE EVER witnessed here in ireland.I am 48 YEARS OLD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What feels like 5 years ago. Loving the sunny spell bit losing the battle of dying garden vs watering can. 

Edited by Lauren