Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Help me find the HUMIDITY forecast?

Hi.

I can read the weather reports at a very basic level but I cant find or understand humidity levels.

So recently obviously it's been sunny everyday., I live in South Yorkshire. However it's not been HUMID.

Today though it's been humid. Humidity for some reason makes me feel VERY VERY poorly. It makes me sick and worsens my migraines.

How can I look a day in advance at humidity levels to plan the next day? For tomorrow for instance?

Thank you

It's 86% humid at the moment with a temp of 17° according to the link and it's 02:48. I can't sleep. I have the fan on. I'm pouring with sweat  and I mean pouring!!! I feel sick. 

I'm so fed up!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ratbag

Posted

Humidity is relative to the temperatures and forecasters use the "relative humidity" in their forecasts 

50% relative humidity when the temperature is 20oC will feel dry compared to 35oC with 50% humidity 

It's hard to gauge how humidity will effect you personally although accuweather have a great service called "Health forecast" which hopefully could help?

https://m.accuweather.com/en/gb/health-weather

Or look at the humidex calculator for the day in your area and compare it to the actual forecast temperature 

The bigger the difference the more humid it will feel 

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/will-it/hot

Hope this helps a bit, remember hot air can hold more moisture than cold so I'm afraid the hotter it is the more humid it will feel in general 

Screenshot_20180708-084552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180708-084750_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Interesting one this - the average humidity in winter months is often over 80%, yet it barely gets a mention. 

Do you still suffer in the winter months @Ratbag ? Or is it just a summer thing?

Relative humidity is the killer as people say, it's for this reason I'd never go anywhere around the tropics for a holiday. Bangkok or somewhere with temps in the mid 30s and humidity around 80% would be my idea of hell too.

I actually enjoyed the desert SW of the USA having temps around 45c in Palm Springs - humidity was only around 15%, so although it was insanely hot, as long as you were sensible you could manage.

11 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Interesting one this - the average humidity in winter months is often over 80%, yet it barely gets a mention. 

Do you still suffer in the winter months @Ratbag ? Or is it just a summer thing?

Relative humidity is the killer as people say, it's for this reason I'd never go anywhere around the tropics for a holiday. Bangkok or somewhere with temps in the mid 30s and humidity around 80% would be my idea of hell too.

I actually enjoyed the desert SW of the USA having temps around 45c in Palm Springs - humidity was only around 15%, so although it was insanely hot, as long as you were sensible you could manage.

No I never feel it in winter, just in summer.

I went to the Caribbean in our winter (their summer) and it was a wonderful dry heat. Then I went in June/July (their start of rainy season) and the humidity was horrible. I felt ill the whole 2 weeks. It just makes me poorly. 

15 hours ago, ARW WeatherMan said:

Humidity is relative to the temperatures and forecasters use the "relative humidity" in their forecasts 

50% relative humidity when the temperature is 20oC will feel dry compared to 35oC with 50% humidity 

It's hard to gauge how humidity will effect you personally although accuweather have a great service called "Health forecast" which hopefully could help?

https://m.accuweather.com/en/gb/health-weather

Or look at the humidex calculator for the day in your area and compare it to the actual forecast temperature 

The bigger the difference the more humid it will feel 

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/will-it/hot

Hope this helps a bit, remember hot air can hold more moisture than cold so I'm afraid the hotter it is the more humid it will feel in general 

Screenshot_20180708-084552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180708-084750_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you for taking your time to provide the screenshots and links. I'm going to look at then right now as I lay here in bed feeling like a boil in the bag rice! 

• Thanks 1