Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Holiday destinations that you disliked....

Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Went with parents in 2008 and with a boyfriend in 2009 and he kept saying he was going to leave. 10 years later he's still there

I went to Alykes for the first time in 2015, back again next June for a fortnight

Absolutely love it there

Edited by philglossop

Posted

My first proper holiday with my other half (our own holiday) was Hayling Island. It wasn't fun at all. Guess maybe because we're quite young and it seems more tailored for older people

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Abu Dhabi. I was only there for a day when my onward flight to Sydney was delayed. It was a day too long. Hotel was nice....but as a destination? Awful! 

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, electric storms

Benidorm.

since the tv show took off, the place has turned into a cess pit.

it is basically Blackpool with more sunshine, higher temperatures and tall buildings.

just hearing the name makes me shudder.

I was last there around 6-7 years ago due to mothers birthday and a prostitute wanted me and my father to tag team her.....decided there and then I would never set foot in the place again for as long as live.

On 02/07/2018 at 12:17, suffolkboy_ said:

Abu Dhabi. I was only there for a day when my onward flight to Sydney was delayed. It was a day too long. Hotel was nice....but as a destination? Awful! 

I have a mate in Dubai who's ATC  ,it's just a dusty Arab s hi te hole with tall buildings  and 50 c heat,awful. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Maldives was disappointing..now i know how Robinson Crusoe must have felt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
20 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Maldives was disappointing..now i know how Robinson Crusoe must have felt.

I honestly don't know how anyone could be disappointed with the Maldives. It is paradise. I get if you're after an active holiday you would find it disappointing but I don't think the Maldives hides that it's a complete chill out destination apart from some diving and sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

India I didn’t like. Too much filth. The dumped plastic bag country of the world. 

I also wondered where all those people (including whole families on one bike) were going. Round and round the block?

4 minutes ago, Snipper said:

India I didn’t like. Too much filth. The dumped plastic bag country of the world. 

I also wondered where all those people (including whole families on one bike) were going. Round and round the block?

Often wondered that , same in provincial  Greek towns they just drive around them with no purpose, lol

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

kalami - corfu .... beautiful, unspoilt, quiet.

tossa de mar .... busier then kalami, but still not overly touristy.

dubai ..... odd and hot, very hot, a place of strange buildings but not somewhere you can stay long.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

marrakech ..... very interesting, not overly hot at this time of the year, souks though are full of mopeds belching out two stroke fumes that have nowhere to go.

atlas mountains....... simply stunning!

essaouira .... picturesque ex portuguese colony.

• 2 months later...
Posted

The island of Sal in Cabo Verde. It is a slice of desert in the ocean. Mostly flat, dry and windy. A bleak place. A huge contrast from other cabo verde islands which are stunning.It has many all inclusive hotels with white Europeans and Americans getting served by local black people. A few metres away there are people living a very basic existence.

The coast of southern Spain. Built up and crowded. Lots of litter on the beach and plastic in the sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
On 04/06/2019 at 12:27, karyo said:

The island of Sal in Cabo Verde. It is a slice of desert in the ocean. Mostly flat, dry and windy. A bleak place. A huge contrast from other cabo verde islands which are stunning.It has many all inclusive hotels with white Europeans and Americans getting served by local black people. A few metres away there are people living a very basic existence.

The coast of southern Spain. Built up and crowded. Lots of litter on the beach and plastic in the sea.

Boa Vista is a desert island too but much prettier and unspoilt than Sal. I always advise people to pick Boa over Sal if they're going to the big 2. 

Posted
14 hours ago, Lauren said:

Boa Vista is a desert island too but much prettier and unspoilt than Sal. I always advise people to pick Boa over Sal if they're going to the big 2. 

Yes, I've heard it is better although not been. My favourite of the cabo verde is Fogo which has an active stratovolcano.

• 1 year later...
Posted

Fuerteventura. Tried it twice just to make sure. Never really sunny or overly warm when I went, wind was brutal, sand blasted on the beach. Not much to the island IMO. Yet others have loved it.