Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
kar999

Noctilucent Clouds Season 2018

Spotted the Noctilucent Clouds  at 3am this morning as i was going to bed,this is the first time that i have seen them and i was well excited,i will be looking for them again tonight.

DSC01951.thumb.JPG.59642e370b1f9d9c83d0848a59b085c5.JPGDSC01952.thumb.JPG.ae398eb625effcd3a1d6643e0437ba31.JPG

• Like 4

Had a look this morning around that time as I'm often up very early nothing but a shooting star to see 

3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Had a look this morning around that time as I'm often up very early nothing but a shooting star to see 

It was to the NE as the daylight was aproaching,watch out for it tonight/early morning.

1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

It was to the NE as the daylight was aproaching,watch out for it tonight/early morning.

I'll have a look 👁😀

Great display of some bright NLC's to the north from here since midnight, I was originally heading out as it was World UFO Day yesterday and figured there's no harm in spending a hour gazing up at the summertime night-sky even if little no green men were to be seen. But luckily I had the D3100 at hand to capture the NLC display. Perfect timing and clear skies for it.

Just a quick snap from before around 11:55pm looking directly north, I did also try taking a 20 minute timelapse video but I lack the knowledge in how to bring out the ISO values (more of a photographer than a videographer) so the camera didn't pick anything up other than darkness. 

DSC_0006.thumb.JPG.9b7f09c90200224a9f72a0c9b41a97b6.JPG

• Like 3

Nice display here in NE Scotland last night (2nd July).

Beautiful ribbon of light as shown below at 1am.

Snag_681f896.thumb.png.08785780e21b234dff368ee30a69e912.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Noctilucent Heaven over Brum this morning

wed 021.jpg

wed 025.jpg

wed 027.jpg

wed 018.jpg

Edited by Arnie Pie
to add words
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spotted the magnificent display over Brum this Friday morning too. Quite something! Sadly my phone camera couldn't capture the beauty anywhere as well as Arnie's did (plus my view was blocked by buildings). 

20180706_033717.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
IMG_20180708_003114518.thumb.jpg.995ca7a28347dcbe3f7f407db91f63b9.jpg

Just posted this on Twitter. (Sadly only mobile phone pix.)

Edited by kar999
  • Like 1

Lower on the horizon tonight than on Tuesday, but really brightening up the skies to the north even at 1:30am.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There was a good display of noctilucent clouds before dawn this morning.

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2