Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Changes to images in posts

Posted

It's because those images have been posted attempting to use the old linked image way of inserting them into the post which has been de-activated.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Taking a break from Netweather. Unable to post images in a sensible fashion and gagged at the most important time in Scot Pol.

Doesn't seem much point. 

Maybe return when aurora season kicks off or if there's a good display of NC

Posted

Up to you @frogesque - I've tried to help you with the images, although as you've not really detailed where it is you're struggling, it's been hard to understand what's causing a problem for you. The vast majority of images posted to the forum are uploaded, so it's not that we're asking those who haven't used the system that way to do something which isn't tested or commonly used. I get that it's a change, and potentially a learning curve, but it is actually a simple to use system, so I'd imagine that if you spent a mo spelling out where you're having issues, we could quickly point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

Posted

There are two galleries, one seems to belong to Netweather, the other exists independently on my tablet. Unable to get the two to talk to eachother.

Image I posted of the panoramic winter scene of Bishop Hill taken while standing on a frozen Loch Leven is somewhere in my stuff on Netweather uploaded some time ago.

Have downloaded an aurora pic from Facebook of an aurora at St. Andrews to my tablet ( btw, Facebook degrades images somewhat) but can see no way to upload to this or any other thread.

Just feel I'm wasting my time doing something that in essence is perfectly simple anywhere else.

Posted

It's perfectly simple on here too tbh, I think you're maybe over-complicating things somewhere down the line. What tablet do you have, ipad or android?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 minutes ago, frogesque said:

but can see no way to upload to this or any other thread.

You can't see this in the edit box you type in?

Drag files here to attach, or choose files... 
Max file size 10MB

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

You can't see this in the edit box you type in?

Drag files here to attach, or choose files... 
Max file size 10MB

No, this is exactly the problem. I am faced with. Maybe try it on a grown up PC later but fast getting to the point where I can't be bothered.

I appreciate folk are trying to be helpful but this is very frustrating especially given the other changes and having to wait while pages jump all over the place as other images and background stuff load.

Posted

What device are you using? I think your issue lies with your browser. If you're on an iPad, try rotating it from portrait to landscape mode.

Posted

I'm posting this on a tablet now, tbh I don't see the jumping issue, but please let me know whether you have an iPad or Android.

This is a screenshot of the editor screen i have. The upload link is beneath the main editor window.

Screenshot_20180614-172000.jpg

Clicking that should bring up your files, on Android it offers options for documents (which is where you're likely to find images you've downloaded from Facebook, your gallery etc), camera (to take a photo and upload it right away) and camcorder should you wish to take a video and upload. It will be different on iOS and some androids will probably have different options, but hopefully this gives an idea.

Posted

As stated previously, tablet (android) running kitkat.

No option to get into editor, only insert other media.

Post editor, after posting works but still no way to upload images. All very well blaming the browser but short of downloading some sort of Linux (ain't going to happen!) program I am stuck with it.

I understand the 'live' issue of posting links to constantly updating charts etc. ( Take a screenshot!) But what on earth was wrong with the old (ancient?) way of posting image tags URL.blurb without the need for fancy posting input forms?

Test

01.jpg

Failed

01.jpg

Edit, yet direct link, without image tags works.

Very confused

Well initially it showed on tablet but has now gone AWOL

Enough frustration for one night.

Edited by frogesque

Posted

Because of the issue with the charts updating/being removed + the issue with this site now using https and other sites not necessarily doing so which leads to warnings of 'mixed content' within some browsers, and confuses users. 

Anyway, in terms of your browser, are you using chrome or android's own browser, or something else? You don't need to download anything complex, as it should work in every browser, it's simply a case of us trying to help you out, and figure out why you're not seeing what you should be. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, frogesque said:

without the need for fancy posting input forms?

The native way to upload pictures hasn't actually changed, it works exactly like it did before. The 'choose  files' method shows fine on my Marshmallow Android tablet, and shows fine on my Oreo Android phone. 

I click 'choose files and this opens:

Screenshot_2018-06-14-17-50-02.thumb.png.59cd238ca897ccdb4fbcd366607c9f96.png

I then click 'files' and then I can  navigate to which ever folder contains the pictures I want to upload:

Screenshot_2018-06-14-17-50-36_LI.thumb.jpg.66b28a3a2fb8de7692a2b78d736ee66a.jpg

Works exactly the same way on my tablet too.

Posted

For now I've switched the remote option back on, as there are still lots of people posting using the linked way of doing it, so we need to get the message out better prior to switching it off. Plus there's a bug in the invision system which actually displays linked images in the editor to make it look like they'll work, but then they don't display in the post. Which is silly really, and not good for users. 

Will revisit this shortly once Invision have fixed that + we've got better guides and info out about the change. 

Posted

01.jpg

Ok, old method works fine again.

Does happy dance!

Edited by frogesque