Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Met office or BBC or an-other for forecast - Trust what?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Apologies if this subject has raised and had it's head cut off in other discussions but I couldn't find a thread that dealt with the disparity between Met office and BBC forecasts. I'm at a loss as to know which to believe since the BBC dis associated itself from the meto. Oh and those percentages (%) for rainfall, toss a coin at 50 % chance for the past hour... sounds like covering ones backside to me.

Presently I'm using Sat24 for live images, rain today or Netweather and some apps. All well and good for NOW but the next three days forecast seem to have become very different and confusing.

This one is great if you want to build an arc: http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/SAT_NHEM/animweur.html

Navigating within this page is desperate:

http://wxcharts.eu/?panel=default&model=icon_eu,icon_eu,icon_eu,icon_eu&region=europe&chart=overview,850temp,wind10mkph,snowdepth&run=06&step=030&plottype=10&lat=51.904&lon=-0.154&skewtstep=0

and a crazy alternative to what was presented previously on national TV and tinternet and then there's Meteociel.fr for fun !!

Our national forecast on mainstream media has gone 'breasts pointing upwards' IMHO (in my humble opinion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
3 hours ago, Pixel said:

Apologies if this subject has raised and had it's head cut off in other discussions but I couldn't find a thread that dealt with the disparity between Met office and BBC forecasts. I'm at a loss as to know which to believe since the BBC dis associated itself from the meto. Oh and those percentages (%) for rainfall, toss a coin at 50 % chance for the past hour... sounds like covering ones backside to me.

Presently I'm using Sat24 for live images, rain today or Netweather and some apps. All well and good for NOW but the next three days forecast seem to have become very different and confusing.

This one is great if you want to build an arc: http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/SAT_NHEM/animweur.html

Navigating within this page is desperate:

http://wxcharts.eu/?panel=default&model=icon_eu,icon_eu,icon_eu,icon_eu&region=europe&chart=overview,850temp,wind10mkph,snowdepth&run=06&step=030&plottype=10&lat=51.904&lon=-0.154&skewtstep=0

and a crazy alternative to what was presented previously on national TV and tinternet and then there's Meteociel.fr for fun !!

Our national forecast on mainstream media has gone 'breasts pointing upwards' IMHO (in my humble opinion)

As far as the UK is concerned, seaweed and a farmer's almanac are by far the most useful :p

Seriously though, I find weatherunderground to be pretty accurate for my area at least.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I'm tempted to look at the moon phases and sun spots in conjunction with a few farmers near the seaside for a decent forecast but i hear that putting a sea shell up to one's ear is quite good also

5% chance of rain 19oc here on Meto

1% chance of rain 20oc here on BBC

Looks warmer and dry-er with a likely hood of boring sameness on all other investigations ! but what do i know interpreting the forecasts available?

'ummm there be change in the air in these parts, the 4 by 4 's and sparrows ar' nigh be seen'

Edited by Pixel