Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

After a year of being here in St Neots and storms either dying on the door step (May) or initiating here and pummelling elsewhere (yesterday) (was almost the same in Billericay!)... could it finally please be my time even for just a blo0dy rumble or two)?!  Even rain would be great, 2 months of waiting.  Day off work, in the garden, beer in hand, radar and lightning radar watching, bliss!

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hail from the storm in York. Wouldn't want that falling on your head!

It was worth all the effort ?

Explosive convection to my west in Norwich. I can see it growing, its immense! Not seen anything like it before except on Storm Chasers on the TV

Posted Images

Just now, sparky1972 said:

As we are going to miss the storms can this cloud move along so we get a view of the blood moon, lol

It's very quiet at the moment, thought something might have happened by now but we still have a few hours yet. Actually hope it waits a little till dark

16 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

First proper rain for two months here! Most of the thunder just to my East and now some rumbling again  over the channel.

Well, I'm not very hopeful for any more activity here. Not promising at all. 

Edited by billywizz65
55 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Another Saltdean member here.Two cells incoming rumbling nicely.Peacehaven and Rottingdean?!

Hi there. Didn't come to much did it? Very poor. Fingers crossed for some action later, or clear skies for the eclipse.

First rumble, looks like lightning will go either side... but still lovely to hear!  Turning very dark now, bring on the rain to the St Neots desert!!