Snow?

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hail from the storm in York. Wouldn't want that falling on your head!

It was worth all the effort ?

Explosive convection to my west in Norwich. I can see it growing, its immense! Not seen anything like it before except on Storm Chasers on the TV

Posted Images

Nope nothing of note happening here in SE Essex, had a build up of TCU Earlier but that seems to have been beaten down by the Cap here. Suppose could get a drifter up from La France later. Thetford to Hunstanton is the place to be today, 2000jkg of Cape and if anything can go surface based that would be my hunch although the majority of these are Elevated Hailers

11 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

There's certainly some nice cloud shapes going on towards the IoW.

20180727_151739-01.thumb.jpeg.8426506e4d77f5959add1e5f8a0059fd.jpeg

Yes some spectacular undulatas here in Bmth currently.

The sky is extremely dark to my south. Some interesting laminar features going on. Big flash of lightning. I have a feeling I may get wet! 

Edited by John Hodgson

I need either a boat or something to break out just a little west of where cells currently are in Norfolk. My idea is that there is plenty of time for this to happen and all the forecast agencies seem to offer a good storm chance for east Lincolnshire.

1 hour ago, JK1 said:

Hoping those storms in the channel at the moment hit my area, any chance for us?, think the Worthing area has got a storm shield this year lol

I'm with you on that score. Peacehaven here, and fingers crossed for some action. 

Well I don’t know what to do. Various forecasts on here and my instincts suggest that storms will develop on and ahead of the two cold-fronts this evening but the MO are still having none of it.

Edited by Chris.R
12 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Can see that cell over swaffham. Looks like it’s developing an overshooting top, incredible structure and a potentially dangerous storm. 

All quite elevated at present. Just admiring the storm from Thetford atm

• Like 1
Just now, Gordon Webb said:

Is the stuff coming up from the channel also elevated

Yes it will be, but some may start transitioning into the BL once its hits the London UHI and increased lower level instability.