Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow

Real lighting maps pick up some lighting near Wales on the Celtic sea Bristol Channel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: NLCs and Thunderstorms

I'm keeping an eye on new activity breaking out over Doncaster which will be heading my way soon 

Edited by Tony M

Posted

When you’ve been baking in the capital for weeks on end, poor show really we did see some much needed rain still have puddles and rain fell hours ago, humidity I assume limiting evaporation. 

• Like 2

Posted

Real lighting maps showing   lighting in Kent 

Posted

Ops I was fuasl one 

Posted

The big heavy rain blob  outside wales give out lighting on real lighting maps 

Edited by tomdewey

Posted

The moon has finally made appearance, a little late to see the lunar eclipse! 

The bright moon Is showing off some rapid convection shooting up once again here. Whether or not this is the start of another round of storms is to be seen!

Edited by Dean E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!
52 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

When you’ve been baking in the capital for weeks on end, poor show really we did see some much needed rain still have puddles and rain fell hours ago, humidity I assume limiting evaporation. 

Can fully understand this. We had a couple of, what can best be described as showers this evening and that was it. Yet again, baked for weeks but the Chilterns Storm Shield held fast and sweet FA occurred

On the plus side, it does now feel cooler outside and I’m looking forward to proper rain on Sunday (fingers crossed)!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just got back home.

Following witnessing the storm over Louth I headed back to the east coast just north of Mablethorpe and watched some very infrequent but spectacular lightning out to sea. Things then started to kick off and an absolute corker of a storm moved over just after dark. I was just near to Threddlethorpe. Frequent lightning, CG's, IC's, booming thunder and lots of rain and strong winds. Basically all hell let loose for half an hour. Driving back there was debris everywhere. Incidentally the Louth storm may be responsible for a tree on the road near Fotherby. To think I probably didn't see the most severe of the storms either! 

Looking forward to reading all the updates tomorrow as I expect there were numerous reports of severe storms. However I have been out since 4am and so now I must go to bed :D 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Was up in London tonight (Canary Wharf) and around 6:15PM when I exited the underground tube there, it was tipping down with some fantastic intra-cloud lightning. Very loud thunder. Nothing back in the Chilterns but it seems that south and east London had some decent action this evening!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Line of storms rumbling through west Kent and East Sussex atm.

440E11E7-95DD-4D1A-B006-8183F85B0D19.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Sat right underneath that currently and it's like driving through a car wash! Gusty as hell and properly tipping it down. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well here the heatwave went out with hardly a whimper so now need to consider topping the pond up. Hopefully the forecast is correct and we will have more prolonged rain tomorrow. Otherwise hose pipe out before the fish have a mere puddle to swim in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rain over, sun out. Think we had about 15minutes of rain overall. Should be enough to keep the garden happy for a couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy!
5 hours ago, Supacell said:

Just got back home.

Following witnessing the storm over Louth I headed back to the east coast just north of Mablethorpe and watched some very infrequent but spectacular lightning out to sea. Things then started to kick off and an absolute corker of a storm moved over just after dark. I was just near to Threddlethorpe. Frequent lightning, CG's, IC's, booming thunder and lots of rain and strong winds. Basically all hell let loose for half an hour. Driving back there was debris everywhere. Incidentally the Louth storm may be responsible for a tree on the road near Fotherby. To think I probably didn't see the most severe of the storms either! 

Looking forward to reading all the updates tomorrow as I expect there were numerous reports of severe storms. However I have been out since 4am and so now I must go to bed :D 

Morning, glad you saw plenty of action!! I was the other side of Horncastle and watched alot of the storms growing out if nothing.  Driving home I hit a storm near Louth which was epic especially the wind which shook the car as it first blasted through. Saw another storm develop over the wolds which burst into Life as I approached Nth Thoresby and this one more or less followed me home to Cleethorpes and went on for a couple of hours. Best one of the lot was about half 9 ish though as another came up from the south, lots if flashing, flickering,  Deep booms and sharp gunshot cracks . Glad you had a good one

Cheers Glenn 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Very heavy rain not long ago from the cold front I guess, no t + l though. I guess this it for this spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, GlennP2 said:

Morning, glad you saw plenty of action!! I was the other side of Horncastle and watched alot of the storms growing out if nothing.  Driving home I hit a storm near Louth which was epic especially the wind which shook the car as it first blasted through. Saw another storm develop over the wolds which burst into Life as I approached Nth Thoresby and this one more or less followed me home to Cleethorpes and went on for a couple of hours. Best one of the lot was about half 9 ish though as another came up from the south, lots if flashing, flickering,  Deep booms and sharp gunshot cracks . Glad you had a good one

Cheers Glenn 

It is possible you were under the same storm as me at Louth, it was around 7pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 hours ago, 4wd said:

Wow that reminds me of that storm they had couple of years back over Essen, Germany!

Just imagine if there was more clear sky around the periphery and it was a touch later in the evening - from a distance that anvil lighting up would have been spectacular!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

The showers coming in off the Bristol Channel seem to have relatively low max heights. Wouldn't seem a positive sign in regards to Thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Certainly not a bad looking feature.

1929A242-F4FF-4CDE-9DF6-66FB8C94E2D6.jpeg

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

I'm over near Padstow and we've had thunder this morning. Plenty going on out to the west to.