Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

Posted

The humidity seems to have increased here, looking at lots of "active" radar, one has rain directly overhead, but nothing fell, expanded rapidly as much south of reading as north of it but flew overhead, maybe will deliver something once it goes further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, Robert Lewis said:

Done!

Thanks Rob

it helps as to where there is any action if any at all.

Posted
1 minute ago, Robert Lewis said:

The humidity seems to have increased here, looking at lots of "active" radar, one has rain directly overhead, but nothing fell, expanded rapidly as much south of reading as north of it but flew overhead, maybe will deliver something once it goes further north.

Elevated perhaps?

Posted
4 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Elevated perhaps?

I can only presume so

Seems like the ingredients were in the mix but no ignition, i imagine it's all moved somewhere east of Oxford now.

Edited by Robert Lewis

Posted

Another small cell has popped up West of Chelmsford, question is if it'll die down like the Reading cell or pick up into something worth watching

Posted

Cell fired up ENE of the capital?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Brentwood. But all the cells are short-period jobs. They go up, drop a bit of rain and collapse. Is this it? Or will it build more generally?

Edited by StormLoser

Posted
4 minutes ago, StormLoser said:

Brentwood. But all the cells are short-period jobs. They go up, drop a bit of rain and collapse. Is this it? Or will it build more generally?

I would suggest to keep an eye on the rader to the west of London as an area of thunderstorms or thundery rain is likely to develop and push north northeast in roughly this area probably between 3 and 4 it’s not a certainty but that’s what I can see happening. 2C221AB8-5836-4D8A-BD12-817F38F2777C.thumb.jpeg.6f23c955e8e0d99d73b0bccc95ca8062.jpeg

Edited by jordan smith

Posted

Just need a cell with some good shear and outflow to destabilize the trough, like a line of dominoes once one goes the rest follows. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive
1 minute ago, jordan smith said:

I would suggest to keep an eye on the rader to the west of London as an area of thunderstorms or thundery rain is likely to develop and push north northeast in roughly this area probably between 3 and 4 it’s not a certainty but that’s what I can see happening. 2C221AB8-5836-4D8A-BD12-817F38F2777C.thumb.jpeg.6f23c955e8e0d99d73b0bccc95ca8062.jpeg

You could not move that easterly line a few miles further east, could you?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

So basically, you've looked at the Met Office future radar and then made it your own prediction?

I seem to remember you putting up warning maps before, shortly after convectiveweather issue one, and it looks suspiciously copied. 

• Like 1

Posted

South of isle of white anyone.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, StormLoser said:

You could not move that easterly line a few miles further east, could you?  

Yeah sure haha it’s just a risk and perhaps it will be further to the east closer to you just showing the most likely area currently

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

So basically, you've looked at the Met Office future radar and then made it your own prediction?

I seem to remember you putting up warning maps before, shortly after convectiveweather issue one, and it looks suspiciously copied. 

You’ve come to that conclusion based on a couple coincidences what I wrote there was my own prediction I didn’t send it for an argument so please don’t start something out of nothing without knowing. Lots of weather sites write similar predictions but does that mean they are copying each other no?

Annoying just got woken up by lightning app with rogue strike - however there are Turkey towers almost overhead. Not sure where that dot on radar is Anaprop as looks a little randonly spread for a genuine return. 

The shower just off shore from Cherbourg looks like a genuine radar return. I might be 20miles too far west if the line of initiation is IOW to Cherbourg.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
4 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

South of isle of white anyone.

Yup, steering motion just east of north, quite a robust cell as well, with another firing over the Cherbourg Penn......subtle forcing in play as the predicted shortwave starts to destabalize the mid-levels....pretty well modelled so far by the hi-res suite

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

Annoying just got woken up by lightning app with rogue strike - however there are Turkey towers almost overhead. Not sure where that dot on radar is Anaprop as looks a little randonly spread for a genuine return. 

I just took this, which is in the direction of what's on the radar.

20180727_015821.thumb.jpg.69f9120b3bd3350cba733e37d05028a1.jpg

I have my PTZ cam pointing at it and I haven't seen any flashes.

• Like 1