Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

82FF76D8-E429-45CE-9415-E62CF094613B.thumb.jpeg.cc8ea672a7a00cc844df232ff03d54a0.jpeg

:laugh:

that's 500 imigrunts on a ship destinned for poole,they are dancing around with exitment that they are creating a static electicity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

@Nick F is there any chance of activity into the evening night on Friday or is it all intended for daylight consumption? 

Posted

Out in the New Forest, Hampshire,  waiting and hoping. The sky has gone from being completely clear to overcast in 15 mins 

We could still have a show 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sky has taken a rapidly different complexion here. It is awash with fast moving mid level cloud. From underneath it’s hard to make out shape/form but the moon is suggestive of AcCas or similar intermingled. Somewhere I suspect will go bang around here very soon. Does look quite reminiscent of July 2015!!

C808EEA9-A788-4C0B-803C-5D0A0EA0465C.jpeg

840370DE-4FFD-4F1A-B741-0B1E62176FAD.jpeg

Interesting, idk why but I keep getting a good feeling about tonight but at the same time it might be all for tomorrow afternoon lol. Got my eyes on this lot atm

image.thumb.png.533ee6267314db9ceda58d102f36804b.png

Posted
15 minutes ago, Harry said:

Perhaps not locally literally, I had in mind London region and Home Counties and westwards/northwards.

Some models have suggested we could nick something or if not then act as a breeding ground. I’ve witnessed too many times models pointing action further west despite sitting under an area of high instability, only for it to go bang here too.

The rampant humidity and rapidly changing sky in the past hour or so makes me think we are in for a decent chance. But so far no where in southern England has any spoils to speak of...yet

Ta Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

All to many times have I seen convection build over London and then explode once it gets over the m25,

Posted

Models are obviously not Entirely agreeing on where will see thunderstorms and whether much will happen for example arpege has considerably more activity tonight than the arome but it definitely looks likely that tomorrow afternoon could bring a lot of activity.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
6 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

@Nick F is there any chance of activity into the evening night on Friday or is it all intended for daylight consumption? 

Hi, yes it looks like there will continue to be storms pushing north into the night ahead of the cold front clearing through Saturday morning. If anything storm maybe more widespread into evening/night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations
5 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Interesting, idk why but I keep getting a good feeling about tonight but at the same time it might be all for tomorrow afternoon lol. Got my eyes on this lot atm

image.thumb.png.533ee6267314db9ceda58d102f36804b.png

I can confirm that there is absolutely nothing falling from the sky in that area. I'm under it lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cloud cover has moved in here, from the SW. It's pretty thick cloud, as it blotted the moon out completely.

Posted
Just now, PurpleButterfly said:

I can confirm that there is absolutely nothing falling from the sky in that area. I'm under it lol 

Probably due to the prolonged dry weather if it’s too light it can just evaporate before reaching the ground, you really need heavier showers or more of them to finally wet the air if that makes any sense haha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations
2 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Probably due to the prolonged dry weather if it’s too light it can just evaporate before reaching the ground, you really need heavier showers or more of them to finally wet the air if that makes any sense haha

Makes sense to me. I've been watching the radar for weeks and its been doing that! I just want rain. Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Oh. Some tiny activity in the channel.

Screenshot_20180727-003855_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
9 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Hi, yes it looks like there will continue to be storms pushing north into the night ahead of the cold front clearing through Saturday morning. If anything storm maybe more widespread into evening/night.

Thanks Nick, just hope I'm not too far east as usual! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
5 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Oh. Some tiny activity in the channel.

Screenshot_20180727-003855_Chrome.jpg

Anaprop I fear...

Posted

Thinking if it's worth doing an all nighter or to just get up early later today, though I know we have a chance for a good storm. Forecast shows possible storms all night but apart from a few flashes nothing much has happened... (yet)

Posted

While it's quiet on here at the moment i thought that i would share these pics i captured on my break at 6pm,i did here a crack of thunder around 7pm-7:30pm and the rain was biblical for ten minutes or so

this cell developed quickly in the space of ten minutes

from this to this

DSC01989.thumb.JPG.6bacad3321538c1a9a1fce15a819394a.JPGDSC01992.thumb.JPG.28317727d5b253891c6ead40284aa064.JPG

then just to the right of that another one developed

from this to this in the same time

DSC01993.thumb.JPG.b7a766f02690f26fb7dea88c9ab8fed3.JPGDSC01994.thumb.JPG.3dddeaeb2f8a1a4977b585bf63e26558.JPG

there was explosive genesis this afternoon of which i missed

i finish work tomorrow at 10pm and thinking of heading to the east coast for some sealife action.:)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Anaprop I fear...

Oh. Again.  

Out of interest...can you tell that from the radar or are you checking other models too?

Posted

Well it doesn't look like much is happening tonight west of the M1 so i am calling it a night

good luck tomorrow guys.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Just been out for a walk up a local hill, Got caught in the rain that just passed here, was rather refreshing but now im back home its even more humid and uncomfortable

Posted
22 minutes ago, PurpleButterfly said:

Makes sense to me. I've been watching the radar for weeks and its been doing that! I just want rain. Lol

Yeah it’s just generally been a dry airmass not sufficient to bring much rain down to the surface and the drier it gets the harder it is to finally bring rain to the surface or the region it kind of explains to an extent why the rain on Sunday won’t be as heavy or as much for the central southern and eastern England as further west hope that helps!

• Like 2