Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very clear and very hot. But I can see a couple of massive towers going up again to the S 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Robert Lewis said:

Considering that little storm shot up from France and tickled the South Coast, a good sign for some more activity later on?

i was thinking the same. CAPE modelled in the area of the showers is in the region of 300-500J/kg right now, increasing overnight. The metoffice had a shortwave running up through bournemouth, the midlands and northern england around midnight. Not sure if that's still the case now, but some of the short range models are supporting this. I'm waiting on the next fax update. 

aromehd-28-12-0.png

74772658.gif

Edited by convector
added data
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Yes it's kicked off out of nowhere! Heavy rain and rumble approaching. Finally!! ? ☔ 

From here i can see its a train of 3 or 4 cells headed for you so enjoy it for a while yet, might jump in the car if it picks up

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, convector said:

i was thinking the same. CAPE modelled in the area of the showers is in the region of 300-500J/kg right now, increasing overnight. The metoffice had a shortwave running up through bournemouth, the midlands and northern england around midnight. Not sure if that's still the case now, but some of the short range models are supporting this. I'm waiting on the next fax update. 

aromehd-28-12-0.png

74772658.gif

I think anywhere in a line from Yorkshire to the IOW give or take a hundred or so miles east or west is at risk from now until tomorrow at any time of seeing storms crop up. All part of the destabilising plume advecting N/NE. Nocturnal cooling could play a part overnight. Often just after midnight, elevated storms tend to get into full swing going by past events

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Tonight is going to be very speacil for some... Fuel up the car and charge your cameras!

• Like 1

Posted

It feels like it's going to be very hit and miss depending on where you are. Not this like wide curtain and light show coming up from the channel like i've seen a few times in recent years. 

Posted

Slight convective rain here at the moment, a good sign of things to come overnight for the NW.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Another downpour, but much heavier than last time, our road turned into a torrent for a short while. Saw CC lightning and a rainbow to boot.

Posted
14 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I think anywhere in a line from Yorkshire to the IOW give or take a hundred or so miles east or west is at risk from now until tomorrow at any time of seeing storms crop up. All part of the destabilising plume advecting N/NE. Nocturnal cooling could play a part overnight. Often just after midnight, elevated storms tend to get into full swing going by past events

do we have a chance overnight then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Good downpour and saw one fork of Cc lightning in amongst constant thunder. Thanks God for that! Here's the sun breaking through at the end... 20180726_184749.thumb.jpg.ede00931904d0c2efaf711f890302b2f.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
16 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I love how acutely specific your forecast is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Wow, just had an almighty downpour the likes of which I have not seen for a long time. There were some poor people playing football on the nearby park and the rain was so intense and the wind so gusty that you couldn't see them anymore.

This is definitely drought-busting rainfall.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow

Yet again  warminster in Wiltshire is not in the firing line  for thunderstorms to day and tomorrow and I see tops for thunderstorms in Southampton way but it's not showing lightning on real lightning may

7 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Good downpour and saw one fork of Cc lightning in amongst constant thunder. Thanks God for that! Here's the sun breaking through at the end... 20180726_184749.thumb.jpg.ede00931904d0c2efaf711f890302b2f.jpg

Round 2 is on its way, big towers on south yorks border with your name on them

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I love how acutely specific your forecast is

You know how storms are lol. 

Posted

Large convective raindrops in that shower just moving towards Glossop, sounded like wet-hail but took a quick (wet) trip outside and it's definitely just rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
6 minutes ago, yorksdc said:

Round 2 is on its way, big towers on south yorks border with your name on them

Bring it on! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter
5 minutes ago, tomdewey said:

Yet again  warminster in Wiltshire is not in the firing line  for thunderstorms to day and tomorrow and I see tops for thunderstorms in Southampton way but it's not showing lightning on real lightning may

No storm here Tom although we do have quite interesting looking skies. 

That messy area of rain between here and Salisbury isn't producing any lightning, and I think we are too far west for anything overnight.

Posted

Another bit less dramatic one around 1830-40 but another 6.6 mm

oh and T=22.9, Td=21 C so humidity=90%

Gets more and more like Singapore!

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
4 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Large convective raindrops in that shower just moving towards Glossop, sounded like wet-hail but took a quick (wet) trip outside and it's definitely just rain.

Yep.

I took the test. Huge drops of H2O.

• Like 1