Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Desperately clutching at straws, if those cells in Dorset could somehow survive all the way up here then maybe someone in this region would see something later. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Short, sharp shower just now - looked to be forming overhead. Presumably it will develop into a proper storm further north in typical fashion.

Posted
8 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

I can hear quite a few distant rumbles of thunder

all quiet here now, sun shining, think we have had our thunder fix for the day, now there is nothing in the forecast for tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Desperately clutching at straws, if those cells in Dorset could somehow survive all the way up here then maybe someone in this region would see something later. 

Steering flow is taking them NNE anyway, Chris. That's why they are shaving me. I need something to develop slightly West of the line - may get lucky, but I don't see it happening.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I admire your straw clutching Chris! I think my location is probably too far west for anything, let alone Merseyside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
4 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

We're not forecast to see something here mate. None of the models suggest anything. We may get an opportunity later tomorrow but we'll see.

A dire year for storms again here.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can see a 'horseshoe'  in that cell towards Bournemouth - huge precip curtains from within it.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

all quiet here now, sun shining, think we have had our thunder fix for the day, now there is nothing in the forecast for tomorrow

it's quiet here as well now, we have storms in the forecast tonight so I'll be on the look out hopefully

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
12 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

Everything is coming very near me and then almost does a dance around my area. Was really hoping. Everything seems to be either West or East of us.

Posted

Temp and humidity falling away now, so thats it for today, bbc and met office now dropped storms from the forecast for tomorrow, so now to look forward to the middle of next week when things are due to warm up again and give us hopefully another chance of storms. 

Posted

If things continue the way they are us lot in the Peaks might see a good night-lightning show from the cells over towards Sheffield, Lincs, and Yorks. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well a miss here but can see the storm clouds from my window. Tomorrow looks like I may be able to enjoy storms from either the west facing window or the east face window but no here.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Storme said:

Everything is coming very near me and then almost does a dance around my area. Was really hoping. Everything seems to be either West or East of us.

That happened with me when the cell started near Newark then it shot up Northwards

Posted

No rain here still since 16th june had few rumbles of thunder from cell to our west earlier blue skies coming from south agian now I reckon that's it for today one can only hope for tomorrow still whatever happens really could do with the rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
8 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

That happened with me when the cell started near Newark then it shot up Northwards

Really infuriating!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Looking south from my bedroom in Garforth, East Leeds. Rumbles coming from the grey mass to the right of the anvil... 20180726_182347.thumb.jpg.8ce29b323a7670ee2e36aab7100078de.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Yes it's kicked off out of nowhere! Heavy rain and rumble approaching. Finally!! ? ☔