Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow

Yet again  warminster in Wiltshire is not in the firing line  for thunderstorms on Friday

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Local forecast changed to light showers this evening and the storms moving to overnight Friday early hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Being on the south coast I should know better than get excited about potential storms, but like a child on Christmas Day, I just cannot help myself! 

25C just down the road in Shoreham! Though it doesn't feel 25, it feels cooler!!!

Posted

Morning all, very cloudy here this morning so that wont help in aiding any storm development for today, tomorrows forecast is looking the same so i am not holding out much hope from a imby view, but i would imagine anyone that does catch a storm it should be a good one.

39 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Being on the south coast I should know better than get excited about potential storms, but like a child on Christmas Day, I just cannot help myself! 

25C just down the road in Shoreham! Though it doesn't feel 25, it feels cooler!!!

We are at 26c here at Heathrow now insane looks good for this evening and tomorrow for quite a few people 

Posted
8 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

Morning all, very cloudy here this morning so that wont help in aiding any storm development for today, tomorrows forecast is looking the same so i am not holding out much hope from a imby view, but i would imagine anyone that does catch a storm it should be a good one.

It was the same here but now we have glorious sunshine. Temps are responding as we are currently 23.7C.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Looks like Wales has had the 1st lightning strike in the past 15min.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Looks like Wales has had the 1st lightning strike in the past 15min.

That's erroneous. No radar reflectivity from Wales.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

If everything comes together correctly (when does it ever do that), then tomorrow afternoon could be good imby. Fingers crossed for some much needed rain. 

Posted

Plenty of Cirrocumulus and Altocumulus clouds this morning in the drive into work at 8am. Still a few patches around now @10:30

Sun is beating down so temperatures will rocket and the sea breeze will develop. 

Ingredients are priming for a few tsorms later this evening around 8pm i would say coming up from English Channel/France. I will be down the beach at this time to observe any development looking across to the Isle Of Wight. ⛈️

Some rain would be nice 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Very well played with the current Met Office warning issued today and in line with my current thinking. Initiation should take place in connection with a developing convergence zone across Lincolnshire, along with temperatures in and around low to mid 30's, we could see some very explosive development & will be interesting to watch on the Sat24. 

Once we see lift off with the storms, I expect to see a sorta "chain reaction" where the outflow may initiate surrounding cells. Tomorrow (potential wise) looks incredible!

Posted

A few drops of rain for about 2 minutes, that's the first rain this month! Hopefully a good sign of what's to come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms
1 minute ago, Delka said:

A few drops of rain for about 2 minutes, that's the first rain this month! Hopefully a good sign of what's to come

Did you not get the hour of light rain last Friday evening 8.30 ish Derry?  We did in Ders

Posted

Small shower near hunstanton at 11am. Let's see if anything develops.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Very well played with the current Met Office warning issued today and in line with my current thinking. Initiation should take place in connection with a developing convergence zone across Lincolnshire, along with temperatures in and around low to mid 30's, we could see some very explosive development & will be interesting to watch on the Sat24. 

Once we see lift off with the storms, I expect to see a sorta "chain reaction" where the outflow may initiate surrounding cells. Tomorrow (potential wise) looks incredible!

would you say we're in the firing line? as we have warnings and storms forecast from midnight. Though atm it's cloudy and hope we dont just brew them for big storms to happen a few miles from us lol   : P Though I expect there will be plenty of elevated storms as well

Posted
1 minute ago, TJS1998Tom said:

would you say we're in the firing line? as we have warnings and storms forecast from midnight. Though atm it's cloudy and hope we dont just brew them for big storms to happen a few miles from us lol   : P Though I expect there will be plenty of elevated storms as well

You are certainly are within the firing line although you may be at risk earlier in the day than most as the storms move northwards. Temperatures in your area are currently around the mid 20's. Tomorrow may provide a higher risk of storms for you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

We are at 26c here at Heathrow now insane looks good for this evening and tomorrow for quite a few people 

Yeah, insane for sure, but temp doesn't seem to have risen much further!

Think the best chance for me is tonight - maybe! 

Posted

Another spotty shower just North of belper looks to be heading towards Chesterfield. Will this one grow or fade away? Currently looks like its growing.

Posted
1 minute ago, BA Baracus said:

Another spotty shower just North of belper looks to be heading towards Chesterfield. Will this one grow or fade away? Currently looks like its growing.

Shower looks to have been initiated by an area of altocumulus castellanus and probably won't develop into much more at this time in the day. Expect little rainfall hitting the ground because of dry mid-levels evaporating much of the rainfall.