Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

On 23/07/2018 at 19:28, Andy Bown said:

Ian Fergusson mentioned a cold front and showers on Friday. If that happens it will be the 3rd consecutive Friday with rain!

For Warminster. Not Frome. Unbelievable Andy how localised it is around here. 

I remember couple years ago an incredibly small cell yet potent frequent CG hit you and Cley Hill. Storm was only 3 miles in width max . 

Gave me perfect vantage point to snap it yet be safe outside A’s was not overhead. Storm was only 4-5 miles away about 3 miles width maybe 4. Was extraordinary . Cley Hill took a barrage of lightning . 

7DE0CAC8-0F44-482D-9742-8ECF78BB8187.png

Overnight low of 12.2c. Sometimes I do love living in the Thames Valley frost hollow, and the cool was very welcome. Bit of cloud bubbled up now, but that looks like it'll burn off for another hot day. Think I'll take advantage and hit the gym early. If anyone has a dog, this'd be a good time to give them a nice walk

Glorious morning here in Newquay blue skies a bit different to the previous 2 morning's, Porth Beach is beautiful by the way

Just need to clear some of this high cloud then it'll be a lovely day.

Mike surely it's a lovely day even with the high cloud!? Unbroken sunshine with Cirrus patches, a gentle breeze and 24.2c right now.

Of course Andy, when it's not a veil of it blocking out the sun. It's breaking up now to predominantly sunny with scattered cirrus - much better!

Up to 25.6°C so far today which is the warmest it’s been here for over a week. 

4 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Up to 25.6°C so far today which is the warmest it’s been here for over a week. 

Hang on a minute, let me switch the fan (sea breeze) on for you..

1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Hang on a minute, let me switch the fan (sea breeze) on for you..

Ok that’s enough you can turn it off now. 

Reached 26.0°C beforehand but now 22.6°C. 

I notice the iPhone app (for what it's worth) has the lightning symbol for here on Friday. Didn't think we were part of the warning area but would be a nice surprise.

Weird temperatures today. It hovered at 25 for most of it until it started climbing all the way to 29.1°C. As soon as it hit that, it rapidly started to fall.

Got to 28.6c mid afternoon and then dropped a little and has stayed around 27.5c since.
Very light WSW to SW winds here today.

Yet again  warminster in Wiltshire is not in the firing line  for thunderstorms on Friday 😞

Another Glorious morning here in Newquay could see 26c plus today, Going to miss those storms back home in the North East it looks quite severe, Any chance of anything here does anybody know 

Just for a change... It's cloudy again this morning! Grrr.

10 hours ago, tomdewey said:

Yet again  warminster in Wiltshire is not in the firing line  for thunderstorms on Friday 😞

HA! Don't think you are the only one:doh:

Heatwave looks like going out with a whimper here. Was hoping for one last really hot day before this weekends debacle however a strong SE'ly has quickly developed and temps having only risen 0.7C in the last two hours to 25.6C with that strong breeze.

Already up to 28°C at 11 am, a good 4°c higher than this time yesterday. My all time high since I got my station back in 2007 is 34.1c in 2013, this currently looks under-threat.

Storm chances increasing tonight given the cold front causing some destabilisation ahead of it. Been a while since I said that!

No danger of unusual heat here. Far too much unforecast cloud. What a disappointment. Bring on next week's hot spell I say.

It was 20c at midnight, a low of 19.5c at 5am
Was 24c at 9:30am with a high of 24.5c at 10:30, but has dropped back to 24c now

11 minutes ago, MP-R said:

No danger of unusual heat here. Far too much unforecast cloud. What a disappointment. Bring on next week's hot spell I say.

I've had enough of it and am really looking forward to a cool Sunday! 30c already and climbing

Just now, Frosty hollows said:

I've had enough of it and am really looking forward to a cool Sunday! 30c already and climbing

Send it here please! Then a bit of rain on Sunday would be lovely.

2 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Send it here please! Then a bit of rain on Sunday would be lovely.

Think it's worked the other way round and I've got your cloud 😂