Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

First flying ant day here! And damn, it's a big one! The soil is perfect for ants nests in this area, and the recent weather seems to have increased their population. Just waiting for the seagulls to appear now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow

Yellow warning i
Thunderstorm
Between Fri 14:00 and Fri 23:59Further details
High temperatures may set off some heavy showers and thunderstorms, which in some places could be slow-moving and persistent, bringing a risk of flooding. Should they develop, in the heaviest showers some places could see 30mm of rain in an hour, which would likely bring flooding impacts particularly should this fall on an urban area. There would also be a smaller chance of impacts from lightning strikes. As is the nature of showers, many places will miss them altogether, and it is not possible to say precisely where they will occur, but the warning area highlights the region at greatest risk. South West England
Bournemouth Dorset Poole Swindon Wiltshire and and on warms the forecast there's no yellow weather warning triangle sign it must be Salisbury side of Wiltshire because I am not in it at  moment

Posted

You could well be too far West Tom, as we will be just South of Salisbury, I suspect.

The GFS shows the action in line with the convegence zone that Nick F pointed out in the Convective thread (his pic below).

image.thumb.png.9eb8be96c84451ec66fb3ca24ffe3592.png

image.thumb.png.f323046d97a63a86c3af5a107f0c3218.png

We'll be at BBQ early evening, followed by a leisurely walk back, so I can't say I'm bothered about missing out.

But you never know.

Posted
3 hours ago, tomdewey said:

Yellow warning i
Thunderstorm
Between Fri 14:00 and Fri 23:59Further details
High temperatures may set off some heavy showers and thunderstorms, which in some places could be slow-moving and persistent, bringing a risk of flooding. Should they develop, in the heaviest showers some places could see 30mm of rain in an hour, which would likely bring flooding impacts particularly should this fall on an urban area. There would also be a smaller chance of impacts from lightning strikes. As is the nature of showers, many places will miss them altogether, and it is not possible to say precisely where they will occur, but the warning area highlights the region at greatest risk. South West England
Bournemouth Dorset Poole Swindon Wiltshire and and on warms the forecast there's no yellow weather warning triangle sign it must be Salisbury side of Wiltshire because I am not in it at  moment

I'd like to think I could take notice of this BUT we are just in the bottom right hand corner of the warned area, so I cant take it seriously, given the approaching generator is from the NW, and dying rapidly.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I am waiting for thunderstorm in my area but Salisbury  are in yellow warning and  the south of Wiltshire in yellow warning for thunderstorms but is not Warminster and this what the weather   in Warminster looks like

IMG_20180720_084036.jpg

Posted

Another warm night with a low of 15.5C, and an overcast morning with a RH74%

Fingers crossed the approaching area of rain from the NW even though dying might give us some hope for rain tomorrow, as the approaching thunderstorm area generator still appears to have a gentle NNE motion on it., I'm still unconvinced that it will benefit us with rainfall, but, It worth a watch.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I repeated the same thing but I get over excited about thunderstorms and I'm hoping I get to see a good thunderstorm end of this month or into next month but I will wait

Posted

A low of 13.8°C this morning. Mostly cloudy, but the sun popping out in places, and temps are reacting to that. Currently 23.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy but warm and humid. 21.9°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

On Chesil Beach at 10.00BST this morning, pleasant breeze making it feel very comfortable.  Now inland it's 28°C and probably rising.

P1030851 (800x589).jpg

Posted

More sunshine now. It has really bumped the temp up. 26.6°C

Humidity is low though, just 45%

Posted

Just small clouds in Warminster but some starting growing a bit

1532090349530767098008.jpg

1532090384674209104281.jpg

15320904137801617288477.jpg

15320904653442085309558.jpg

15320905153512124333380.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cloudy, warm and muggy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Plumey looking skies today with cirrus followed by altocumulus but a lovely day thus far.

Posted

Tho am on the CZ and there's plenty of convection to my south and east, it seems pretty capped for now. 25.5c, cloudy and humidity at 47%. Not looking too promising atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
41 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Tho am on the CZ and there's plenty of convection to my south and east, it seems pretty capped for now. 25.5c, cloudy and humidity at 47%. Not looking too promising atm

I was looking at the showers s/e Salisbury they got going then died off rapidly

Posted

Been a lovely sunny blue sky day, a little cloud a few times passing over, nothing that Id say looks like rain.
A low at midnight of 19.6c and a high today of 23c at 1:45pm, now 21.4c

Posted
4 minutes ago, fromey said:

I was looking at the showers s/e Salisbury they got going then died off rapidly

Not convinced the Met Office had this one forecasted correctly, with low DP's and the area of activity moving away NNE, right now I cant see how this will fire up anything, Overcast here 24.7C Rh 62% and DP 16.7C, still feel the trigger is not there.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

I hope that rain over Wales makes it this far, certainly could do with it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

That rain in Wales could actually  make it to me in Stroud! Assuming the mountains and hills beforehand don’t rob it all... pretty windy here at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I don't want any rain here. The longer it stays away, the better!

The rain doesn't look like it will hit you