Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Just popped 30.6C in the garden, I see Mapantz is in on the chase and very close too @ 29.9C

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Imagine the windchill in winter or early Spring. Oh yea, it happened, twice, lol.

Another Easterly! And this one is hot!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

And yet again it’s the warmest day of the year. 29.2°C. 

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

And yet again it’s the warmest day of the year. 29.2°C. 

Amazing the difference you see once that breeze turns to the East rather than off the sea..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

sweating buckets here......local weather stations are hovering around 28-29C currently and still no sight of any rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Amazing the difference you see once that breeze turns to the East rather than off the sea..

Yes bit like yesterday 28°C around lunchtime then the sea breeze picked and it quickly dropped to 23°C. Don’t see that being a problem today with the stronger NEly. 

Posted

Just hit 30.1c
It feels hot too! Despite that ENE 10-14mph breeze

Not yet quite the yearly record temp recorded on my weather station of 30.5c yesterday.

31C now at Bournemouth airport. Wind is due east now though, incredible. GFS max for today here about 27C....... Also 850's are just 11/12C....

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

30.5c here in Weston

Posted

Keeps getting up to 29.7°C then drops back again so still haven’t quite reached 30°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

I mean This Met Office guy got I said to the Daily Mirror it could get even hotter next week so mean temperatures could reach about 38.5 degrees and that will be in the 90 Fahrenheit and more heat on the way and no sign of rain and it could be a hot summer record-breaking

• Like 1

Posted

First day over 30C here this year, at 30.2C. Wasn't too bad with the strong easterly breeze in the shade but wow in the sun it was far too much. Managed to scrape together 2.8 mm of rain as well from yesterday evening and the early hours of this morning, but will need plenty more to revive the vegetation!

• Like 1

Posted

8 consecutive days above 28c with today the second to go to 30c. Tomorrow virtually a dead very to make it 9. I must look back to see when this last happened.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Down to 18.1 here. Think I'll put a coat on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Look's to be quite a drop in temp tomorrow. Met Office went for 29°C here, and I managed 30.5°C. Forecast tomorrow is for 23°C. So, I guess that I should manage 25°C which is still a 5.5°C drop. 

Wunderground were bang-on today, they went for 31°C. Tomorrow they're going for 24°C

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Well, we reached 30.1C here! First time in my records which are in their 11th summer, so about time.

Kind of lucky that we did due to the obligatory altocumulus that covered the sun for much of the warmest part of the afternoon, on quite possibly the hottest day of the year, before melting away after the sea breeze arrived. 

Much cooler now at 15.1C already. I noticed at 8pm a sea breeze had even reached Dunkeswell (12 miles inland from Lyme Bay), while Plymouth was 25C with an offshore breeze..

Last night some coastal stations near here mins around 20C (min 15.0C here).

Posted

Much as I understand peoples interest in extremes,that aside,things are starting to get a bit iffy,many trades are doing well from this weather,but others are suffering badly too,gardeners and growers wondering where the next drop of rain is coming from,local garden centres reporting a collapse of footfall,its not a rant or moan,just an observation as to how a particular weather type can affect people so differently.

• Like 1