Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

A few spits and spots from the edge of the line that hit Mapantz, if you'd blinked, you'd have missed it. 

Posted

Mapantz, I think you have a good chance of beating your record starting Tuesday (catering for shower chances tomorrow). Big raindrops as I type.

The next proper unsettled spell is certain to wait until 27th July when the school holidays and my next work time begin!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The GFS model must have seriously underestimated the strength of the cap this afternoon/evening.  Had a spell of heavy rain this morning in Exeter with a few distant rumbles of thunder, but then when the sun came out after mid-afternoon nothing kicked off.  However the Met Office rainfall forecast does have showers kicking off overnight again.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
30 minutes ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

The GFS model must have seriously underestimated the strength of the cap this afternoon/evening.  Had a spell of heavy rain this morning in Exeter with a few distant rumbles of thunder, but then when the sun came out after mid-afternoon nothing kicked off.  However the Met Office rainfall forecast does have showers kicking off overnight again.

it is quite funny at the moment, however france are having a whale of a time with their storms though. any chance they will come up here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
34 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Mapantz, I think you have a good chance of beating your record starting Tuesday (catering for shower chances tomorrow). Big raindrops as I type.

The next proper unsettled spell is certain to wait until 27th July when the school holidays and my next work time begin!

I am in Italy that week :)

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Consecutive days without rain. It would have been 15 after tonight's rollover, but it's equaled it with 14 due to 2mm of rain falling. 

Such a close call! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still 23.7°C and very humid, not going to be easy to sleep tonight. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
8 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Still 23.7°C and very humid, not going to be easy to sleep tonight. 

Yep this feels like the warmest night so far. V humid. No breeze. Going to be impossible to sleep. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

We were lucky to get some rain here this evening

Posted

Highest Temperature was 32.4c here today, warmest of this long spell so far and highest temperature since June 2016. That makes 5 days of 30c and above at my location now.

No rain today, even though conditions became favorable this evening from local observations! 

Currently a close 22c with a *warm* Easterly breeze. Sleeping is going to be a challenge!

Edited by Dean E

Posted

With an overnight low of 18.8C and no breeze it's been challenging to catch some Zzzz,s.

This morning I drove through an area of about 0.5 mile that had seen an early morning shower and left the road damp but drying very quickly.

Channel is clear this morning with a great view of Old Harry rocks.

Posted

Well we had some heavy rain and thunder yesterday giving 14.2mm, but of course I was in Reading so in a way I'd rather it had stayed dry to keep that interest aspect going. Was pretty hot in Reading at 30/31C.

Max here was 24.4C

Min was forecast to be 19C last night but it fell to 15.0C at 1:30am.

Currently 20.8C, could be my warmest day so far today (not sure if the now damp ground will reduce the max temp a tad?)

Posted

0.4mm in the gauge this morning, not done the garden much good though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Rogue shower pops up near Saltash in the last half hour. But nothing much around ;)  YET

Posted

We did not get any of that rain, but some hefty clouds past by late evening.
A warm night as my station minimum was 22c at 4am, after being at 26.2c at 8pm and 24c at midnight.
The high yesterday was 30.5c midday and yesterdays minimum was 18.7c at 4am.
Veg garden was very dry so had to give it an extra watering this morning, even though I had done so yesterday early evening.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

It was pouring with rain at 3am. Had 5mm. Twice as much as I had in June 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 16.5°C here.

I reckon it'll be the hottest day of the year here, already 26.5°C 

• Like 1

Posted

I've been wondering why some sites like the BBC has been forecasting temperatures for my area at least 3+ degrees below what they have been.

The most extreme case was last Thursday they only preducted a high of 21° yet it ended up being 26°, even at the beach.

Does this have to do with the fact that their station is situated on Portland? I remember when Emma hit, there was a significant difference in temperature between Portland and Weymouth yet that apparently wasn't the case.

It just bugs me, seeing places like Bournemouth and Lyme Regis in the high twenties but poor Weymouth having forecast temps similar to the Hebrides.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp is rocketing now. 27.7°C The Met Office has us down for 28°C which is the highest they've gone for since it all started, so a 30°C isn't out of the question.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Only 0.4mm here since the start of June. 

28.4°C here already and if the NE breeze keeps up and a sea breeze doesn’t develop it’ll be the 6th day in a row that beats he previous warmest. 

Edited by matt111