Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 10.9°C. Made it to 21°C before 9am.

Off for a birthday fishing session at Swanage shortly, may have a swim too.

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Sorry about my creepy post towards @matt111 yesterday (even though the comment about his profile pic was meant to be a compliment). Wasn’t trying to hit on him or anything (really don’t like to embarrass people), just I shouldn’t have been on Netweather yesterday when my self-esteem was low. 

Anyway, like a few others, got around 30*C(ish) here yesterday, and this morning the temperature is already nearing 21*C. Despite being from the Midlands, looks like 30*C could be reached again for some of you guys in here. Perhaps the possibility of temperatures being even hotter than yesterday! 

I'm sure it happens to Matt all the time, so it'll just be water off a Duck's back.

Keep your chin up DRL. Get yourself outside and enjoy this fantastic weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

It is now 26.3c. Looks like it will hotter than yesterday. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, mike5900 said:

It is now 26.3c. Looks like it will hotter than yesterday. 

Yep, the focus for the top temps has shifted West today. Great stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I love this hot weather except for the fact I have to get up and out on my 7 mile jog before sunrise as I went out much later today having only just got back and Jeez, that heat just sucks the energy right out of you! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 hours ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Sorry about my creepy post towards @matt111 yesterday (even though the comment about his profile pic was meant to be a compliment). Wasn’t trying to hit on him or anything (really don’t like to embarrass people), just I shouldn’t have been on Netweather yesterday when my self-esteem was low.

I’ll take the compliment. :good:

I regularly suffer from a low self-esteem myself so I know what it’s like.

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Blue skies again and warmer than this time yesterday, although the sea breeze is picking up. 21.8°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Lovely warm day here on mendip I had to pinch myself earlier to check it was real! 

A year with a winter and a summer... id forgotten what that was like.

23.2c and rising

Posted

Holy crap! It's like being by a furnace with the white rocks behind me.

I have chest waders on too.

20180626_130151.thumb.jpg.7355b0d1d1e4ee0192b408b1bd2c02f8.jpg 20180626_130138.thumb.jpg.b4212eee03a137f67a97cbe831fb6bff.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Holy crap! It's like being by a furnace with the white rocks behind me.

I have chest waders on too.

20180626_130151.thumb.jpg.7355b0d1d1e4ee0192b408b1bd2c02f8.jpg 20180626_130138.thumb.jpg.b4212eee03a137f67a97cbe831fb6bff.jpg

I find it incredible how that end is always so quiet, when the town end is heaving. Even on a Saturday in the height of summer.

Just walk past the hoards, keep going and you get your own beach.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

First 30C of the year here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

25c just breached here thats pretty good going I think it will get another degree or so warmer yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

An example of how dry the air is, currently Oxford has a negative 1 dew-point, incredible!

Posted
6 hours ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Anyway, like a few others, got around 30*C(ish) here yesterday, and this morning the temperature is already nearing 21*C. Despite being from the Midlands, looks like 30*C could be reached again for some of you guys in here. Perhaps the possibility of temperatures being even hotter than yesterday! 

I just read that and think it's lovely to give out compliments! We all like to receive them! Nothing creepy about that unlike some of the behaviour of some of our local young men folk who think girls wearing less clothing than usual are fair game for general letching and sexist comments

Weatherwise, lovely temps of 28.2c. And temps are dropping right back at night so getting some decent sleep to boot

Posted
1 hour ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

An example of how dry the air is, currently Oxford has a negative 1 dew-point, incredible!

Interested where you got that from.  I've a DP of 9 and am 15 miles SE of Oxford.The airport is currently showing 6c according to xc weather.

Posted

According to my weather station it’s only 21.7°C out there presumably because of the breeze. I would say it feels much warmer than that though. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Very warm and sunny 28C

Posted

I see 27.2°C on my station?! I still haven't surpassed 27.4°C from back in May, which surprises me.

Just thought I'd post this;

20180626_152441_HDR.thumb.jpg.479aede8d8076e33532e4ad7fdd25f29.jpg

It's an ongoing memorial for a hermit that lived down here for years. Everyone who knew of him puts a rock on the pile if they going for a walk down here.