Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
15 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Met doesn’t even have any rain for me tomorrow apart from light rain in early morning 

It looked like mainly areas further west tomorrow but more widespread on Saturday

1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Anyway, talkof winter's past is perfectly valid unless you're in the mad thread

Anything goes in here... well, nearly anything :crazy:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Same here after getting down to 3C earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Rising here as well now. 5.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

When we were living up in Scotland, we had frost on the inside walls, and had to use a hammer to get water from the burn...-18C at midday, Xmas 1995!:cold:

:cold: Blimey Charlie! Think that may be the same year that I had a tortuous journey back from Dundee to North Yorkshire (where I was living at the time). Been to the in-laws, left day before New Years Eve, bitterly cold with a few flakes blowing in the breeze but nothing serious forecast. Hadn't gone far when it started snowing properly, it got heavier and heavier, it was so cold that neat screen wash froze, had to stop at every services to wash the screen from all the grit on the motorway. What should have been a 5 hour journey turned into 13, thought we were never going to get home. With two children, a baby and an Old English sheepdog in the car, it was a hellish journey. Bonus was, when we woke the next morning it was a crystal clear sunny day, biting cold and over a foot of powder snow.

Oh those were the days eh.

Posted
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Hope you don't mind me joining in on the 'cold houses of yore' discussion, but growing up on a 'Wimpey Estate' as it was called (built by Wimpey in the early 1960s) in the 70s and 80s in Radstock/Midsomer Norton, we too had only the one fireplace in the lounge and little heating elsewhere. I remember most likely 1985ish studying for my A levels in an enormous thick hooded woollen zip-up jacket my gran had knitted me with literally snow on the inside of my bedroom window. The windows were so draughty my father had put thick clear plastic all over the inside, but when it snowed it simply piled up on the inside of the frames. I feel a Monty Python sketch coming on....

And to stay on topic, temperatures ranged from 7 degrees to 3 degrees driving from Uxbridge to Surbiton this evening with intermittent fog around the M25 and A3. Hope it stays reasonably rain-free over Salisbury Plain through to Midsomer Norton on Saturday to visit my mother.

Don't know about Saturday but it's currently raining here. I'm about 3 miles from Midsomer Norton, also hoping for a dry weekend, got some more concrete laying to do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

18Z update: Weirdly, a change in the opposite way on the two models I posted earlier. NetWx has higher totals creeping North. The Euro4 has moved them further South.

771115943_viewimage(1).thumb.png.14bfce0e7918129ad42aba7e194594fa.png 18112415_2218.thumb.gif.349f9e6dc00446c8e47009aff3a2c0f5.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

18Z update: Weirdly, a change in the opposite way on the two models I posted earlier. NetWx has higher totals creeping North. The Euro4 has moved them further South.

771115943_viewimage(1).thumb.png.14bfce0e7918129ad42aba7e194594fa.png 18112415_2218.thumb.gif.349f9e6dc00446c8e47009aff3a2c0f5.gif

So much uncertainty even for something this close...

Posted
3 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

So much uncertainty even for something this close...

There's quite a few models showing naff all in places that are under the yellow warning. Obviously the MetO have their own data to look at, but I get the feeling it won't go to plan. lol

I'm under the warning from 6am Friday, but the forecast from the MetO has it dry all day, and a bit drizzly on Saturday. This is where it becomes confusing to those planning weekend events.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All. Slightly damp and 6.9C this morning. Early radar shows fragmentation in the rainfall, as noted yesterday little agreement for the next two days.

Posted

Morning, back to autumn here, very foggy. Hope that rain stays south, not impressed with the suggestion it's coming further North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
17 hours ago, jethro said:

There's a part of that misses those frosty ferns, but I'm also very fond of being warm too.

Yes happens more often in certain rooms of the house and normally when temperature drops below -6c i start to see ice on windows. What often happens is the condensation builds up then the water runs down window and freezes on the metal frames first.

1165966529_frostwindow.thumb.jpg.8190c2a4c24aab4fe958d32c05f02308.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

A much milder morning than the last few days, dull with a bit of drizzle earlier. 9.7°C

Posted

So, still under a rain warning for today and it has been dry and bright with sunny spells occasionally. The radar shows naff all. Nuts!

Temp got up to 10.9°C.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Grey and slightly dank and dreary start, sun appeared mid morning and is still around as I type, albeit slightly hazy.  Definitely warmer.

MetO forecast for here tomorrow has changed from dull and dry to dull and wet.  Think I might change my plans, but then again the forecast may have changed by tomorrow. :wallbash:

Posted

Jeepers this forecasted rainfall is going to have to crack on if it's to get anywhere near the MetO suggestion for the two days! I've seen sun today and a drop of rain so way out from the earlier suggestion, even Mapantz I bet has been mainly dry all day, and he was on the edge....

Posted
Just now, Lyn-M said:

Grey and slightly dank and dreary start, sun appeared mid morning and is still around as I type, albeit slightly hazy.  Definitely warmer.

MetO forecast for here tomorrow has changed from dull and dry to dull and wet.  Think I might change my plans, but then again the forecast may have changed by tomorrow. :wallbash:

It's changed again Lyn-M, at least it has for here. And it'll change several more times, as it one of those long waving fronts meandering along the South coast.

My plan is just to watch the Rugby, then it can do what it likes.

• Like 1

Posted
59 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Jeepers this forecasted rainfall is going to have to crack on if it's to get anywhere near the MetO suggestion for the two days! I've seen sun today and a drop of rain so way out from the earlier suggestion, even Mapantz I bet has been mainly dry all day, and he was on the edge....

Starting to get going now! Nasty line of showers developed very quickly between Ivybridge and Torbay. Part of the A38 looks in the firing line, just in time for rush hour. Great!

Posted

Briefly saw the sun earlier but otherwise it’s been a dull day here and feeling milder albeit still a cold breeze. Reached 10.6°C

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

So, still under a rain warning for today and it has been dry and bright with sunny spells occasionally. The radar shows naff all. Nuts!

Temp got up to 10.9°C.

Don't you love accurate forecasts?

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Briefly saw the sun earlier but otherwise it’s been a dull day here and feeling milder albeit still a cold breeze. Reached 10.6°C

Popped a similar figure here once the sun popped out @ 10.8 °C

Edited by Dorsetbred