Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

1C here DP 0C apparently 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Just had moderate slushy ice pellets for a minute or two. Definitely more icy than snowy because you could hear it tapping and bouncing on the roof.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

1.4C DP 0.4C here (ish) however it’s as dry as a nuns chuff! Drats

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
13 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Now at Reading Uni it's difficult to know what regional chat I should be in. Nevertheless it is beginning to precipitate with a moderate intensity here, being on top floor of a halls of residence makes it difficult to see but looks to be a tad sleety.

Stick to this regional thread.. SE is a bit more Landan Town and Garden of England folk. I work in Reading live in Newbury so you’ll be fine. 

It was sleeting earlier this eve in Reading, so prob still is. If you at the Uni they’ve amazing weather site there and not least the IEA department! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
Just now, Polar Bear said:

Stick to this regional thread.. SE is a bit more Landan Town and Garden of England folk. I work in Reading live in Newbury so you’ll be fine. 

It was sleeting earlier this eve in Reading, so prob still is. If you at the Uni they’ve amazing weather site there and not least the IEA department! 

Yeah a fellow course mate said it was sleeting too. Funny enough I am studying Meteorology at the Uni so I've had a good look round the weather facilities so far!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
2 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Yeah a fellow course mate said it was sleeting too. Funny enough I am studying Meteorology at the Uni so I've had a good look round the weather facilities so far!

Stick in SW & Central Thread because that's what you're used to with being from Keynsham

Edit: Plus we're all nice in here.

Edited by Leon1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Now at Reading Uni it's difficult to know what regional chat I should be in. Nevertheless it is beginning to precipitate with a moderate intensity here, being on top floor of a halls of residence makes it difficult to see but looks to be a tad sleety.

I'm just NW of Reading and I reside here. Mainly for gin

• Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Like @Mapantz I've got a snowflake here too.

Meanwhile outside it's dropped to 1.8°C with a DP of 0.9°C. 

Chase me, chase me....Temp: 0.8 °C...Dew Point: -0.2 °C

Temps to 2200                                        Dew points to 2200                                       Live radar                                                   Live radar

tempresult_igd6.gif    tempresult_otg8.gif   lastsnowradar_uk.gif   lastsnowradar_no.gif

Still highly marginal but the lowest temperatures will occur during the next few hours and a little more of that precipitation may turn more wintry before it largely dies out.   David  

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Got down to 1.6°C but risen to 1.8°C now with a DP of 1.1°C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Rain......yuk

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Too cosy tucked up in bed here. Someone tell me when there’s an inch on the ground. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just seen snow! ❄❄

..... in the SE thread. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just popped outside for a smoke and the shed roof is all frosty and white and the grass is crunchy. Surprising really, as it's mostly cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted

Noticed there's been lightning in those showers along the coast further east along the coast. So far they haven't got this far but they seem to be moving this way a bit more now. 

Posted

Interesting... Not sure about here but it could be heading your way? @Mapantz

2 minutes ago, yamkin said:

• Like 1

Posted

Seems the IOW's doing what the Welsh mountains usually do.

• Like 2