Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Why? Enjoy your holiday in warm sun while we, according to some, 'enjoy' 7c and cold rain / showers with the odd frost if the sky clears at night / early morning.

Mainly because it means Ibiza is forecast to be cold and rainy!

Edit: I say cold but I mean cold for Ibiza (16c!) At least some of the days still have sun showing. Fingers crossed. Wish this northerly could've just happened a month down the line or something then it might equate to something more interesting.

Edited by Leon1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
3 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Just a bit annoyed about that this northerly happens when we go away to Ibiza, because we will miss the first cold of the year!

have fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Why? Enjoy your holiday in warm sun while we, according to some, 'enjoy' 7c and cold rain / showers with the odd frost if the sky clears at night / early morning.

It would be much more interesting a month down the line.

thanks!

Posted
6 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

have fun!

thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Very pleasant today with mostly sunny skies and up to 17C. Next few days don't look too bad, but next weekend will be a real shock to the system

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another nice day with blue skies all day. Very nice for a walk in Lymington earlier. Reached 18.9°C here. 

DCF240DE-0429-4D31-A439-959374E53055.jpeg

5C381585-EF90-4935-B15A-E0E8E9216C79.jpeg

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a glorious weekend it's been, not that I've been out in it much, far too busy sewing at this time of year. The forecast next weekend....that'll be a bit of a shock, doubt we'll see anything wintry down here but it'll be a lot colder than of late and it has inspired me to make a snow queen this weekend, so not all bad.

DSC02555.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, jethro said:

What a glorious weekend it's been, not that I've been out in it much, far too busy sewing at this time of year. The forecast next weekend....that'll be a bit of a shock, doubt we'll see anything wintry down here but it'll be a lot colder than of late and it has inspired me to make a snow queen this weekend, so not all bad.

It will, I'm sure come as a shock to many folks that have been spoilt by the warm weather this late in the year, but having said that, given that the clocks go back next weekend ( a sure sign of the changing seasons), some more seasonal (note I don't say cold) weather is to be expected. I watch the  newspapers with glee, as they predict Armageddon (which is their way of handling the change in seasons). 

PS Do like the snow queen

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Being addicted to the outdoors and seeing recent pictures of my lovely Hampshire Avon at twilight on here,late afternoon saw a fly past by the Kingfishers,river like a pink millpool,fish swirling on the surface,bats then swooping about and a lovely 5lb 6 oz Chub to top things off what a glorious few hours.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

It will, I'm sure come as a shock to many folks that have been spoilt by the warm weather this late in the year, but having said that, given that the clocks go back next weekend ( a sure sign of the changing seasons), some more seasonal (note I don't say cold) weather is to be expected. I watch the  newspapers with glee, as they predict Armageddon (which is their way of handling the change in seasons). 

PS Do like the snow queen

Thanks, getting ready for the Christmas Fare season.

My version of impending Armageddon…… we had two field fares in the garden today. Not a common sight at all, last seen here in 2010. Just saying  

Posted
56 minutes ago, jethro said:

DSC02555.JPG

Very talented to be able to make something that amazing great photo too  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

According to the forecast, the wind is supposed to be gusting to 25mph at the moment. On my station, it is gusting to 1mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

According to the forecast, the wind is supposed to be gusting to 25mph at the moment. On my station, it is gusting to 1mph.

Well its just gusted to 22mph here with some drizzle thats just gone past.

Posted

Wind has picked up over the past half hour, also drizzly

Posted
3 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Very talented to be able to make something that amazing great photo too  

Thanks. Pics still not great but have added in an angle poise lamp with a daylight bulb, better than they were.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a clear starry morning greets those in time to see it. Currently 7.4 °C although it might just creep a little lower before the sun rises.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another day with uninterrupted blue skies although the breeze made it feel a bit cooler. Reached 14.2°C this afternoon.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Yeah a lovely day, the temperature started to drop quite quickly once the sun had gone down.

Posted

Much cloudier today and feeling quite cold even though it’s 15.7°C.