Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
53 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

9E27C5B3-0EDC-4DAE-83DF-B0455BCA5066.png

First Christmas treat this year! Colder members appearing in time for Christmas?? Could it be the year...

Not going to get my hopes up too much just yet, but it does look like the models are falling back towards a colder solution for later in the month- I'd be happy with even just cool and dry, better than this Atlantic rain and mildness...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Not going to get my hopes up too much just yet, but it does look like the models are falling back towards a colder solution for later in the month- I'd be happy with even just cool and dry, better than this Atlantic rain and mildness...

Yeah definitely. I hate the rain.

Posted

Setting off for Saints v Man U in a minute, so I hope that's it for the rain today. 

It does look brighter to the West.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, matt111 said:

Nowhere near the amount @Mapantz had this morning with 9.4mm here. Cloudy and damp now. 12.4°C

Yes, very surprising. Having looked back at the radar, I seemed to have caught a lot of oranges on the radar throughout the period.

RainDay.thumb.png.a5d948686754bd35b7337c503e7c43d2.png

70mm in the past 5 days.

Depending on what time tonight's rain/showers come in and how heavy it is, there's an outside chance I could get close to my 24 hour record on this station. I need 10mm more, though. So we shall see?!

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yes, very surprising. Having looked back at the radar, I seemed to have caught a lot of oranges on the radar throughout the period.

70mm in the past 5 days.

Depending on what time tonight's rain/showers come in and how heavy it is, there's an outside chance I could get close to my 24 hour record on this station. I need 10mm more, though. So we shall see?!

Its possible!Capture.thumb.PNG.d9fdece097e99648d5b64daf33b741a2.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
47 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

70mm in the past 5 days.

I’ve noticed lately you often seem to be getting significantly  higher totals than me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon all, back from doing a Christmas market right on top of the Mendips, fair to say it was vile, bordering on horrendous whilst setting up, horizontal rain and strong winds too, all the help you need when putting up a gazebo. Moderated to disgusting weather mid morning, rain with the cloud base so low it was like thick fog, finally drying up after lunch.

Not exactly festive weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just got back from a walk and it’s noticable how mild it is as there’s no wind at all now.  11.6°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Tantalising charts on this GFS 12z ...

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Tantalising charts on this GFS 12z ...

Definitely going to be right. 

• Like 3

Posted

Raining.... again.   

Posted

Just had a few more mm's to the total.. 26.8mm now. I don't think i'll be making it to 34.2mm by midnight.

Posted

Up to 12.0mm after that brief but fairly heavy rain. More on the way. 

Posted

A little bit late, but i'm going to lock this thread in a few moments and open a fresh one for the first day of Winter.