Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just got sandblasted at the beach!! Squall line passed over as I was there and it went crazy, love It!! 

Seas are very rough, I would not want to be on a boat in the channel right now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Temperature dropped from 12.4C to 09.7C too. Now could just do with some sun please!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Sun's out here now, still blustery.

Photo 1 to NE, photo 2 directly overhead ten minutes ago.

IMG_7919 (800x600).jpg

IMG_7921 (800x600).jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Had a gust of over 53mph this morning - strongest since March 2016. Glad I'm working from bed 

Posted
14 hours ago, Rob Walker said:

The above is from the MetO weather warning on my local forecast. It's the sentence (I've highlighted in bold) that caught my attention this evening.
Something to keep an eye on as this develops further?
Will affect rush hour traffic and morning commutes across south/west England and south/west Wales on current predictions.  

The weather forecaster on BBC News last night said there was a hook in the centre of the low and that it was still deepening. Haven't seen any charts today so not sure if that's still the case?

Posted

I got a 57mph gust on my kestrel at the beach but that was right by the sea on top of a dune! It felt like more, I was struggling to keep my footing! Watch for that squall line it’s nasty! Winds really pep up, albeit briefly!

Posted
28 minutes ago, katemart said:

Had a gust of over 53mph this morning - strongest since March 2016. Glad I'm working from bed 

Oh yeah, what’s your line of business

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, karlos1983 said:

Oh yeah, what’s your line of business

They only want me for my brain, these days, Karlos. Sadly that's on it's way out too!

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I got a 57mph gust on my kestrel at the beach but that was right by the sea on top of a dune! It felt like more, I was struggling to keep my footing! Watch for that squall line it’s nasty! Winds really pep up, albeit briefly!

Jeez...hope not. Wind speed 35mph gusting to 57 as it is. Bins are rolling down the  hill and they haven't been emptied yet

Posted
14 minutes ago, katemart said:

They only want me for my brain, these days, Karlos. Sadly that's on it's way out too!

Join the club, I went to look for something upstairs last night, was important, got upstairs and had totally forgotten what I went up for & still can’t remember ?‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I think the squall line broke up before it got here as nothing really changed from before it arrived, now that its passed the winds dropped although it’s still breezy.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
23 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Join the club, I went to look for something upstairs last night, was important, got upstairs and had totally forgotten what I went up for & still can’t remember ?‍♂️

I do that and I’m only 26.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Amazing how the gusts were stronger much further inland than here. Quite disappointing really.

Had a sharp shower not long ago and the sun is out. I'm not sure why the Met have kept me in the warning zone until 5pm. It is fairly benign now.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Amazing how the gusts were stronger much further inland than here. Quite disappointing really.

Had a sharp shower not long ago and the sun is out. I'm not sure why the Met have kept me in the warning zone until 5pm. It is fairly benign now.

Just to p**s you off I think

• Like 1

Posted

Finally brightening up. First time I’ve seen the sun in 2 and a half days. ☀️ 

• Like 1

Posted

Wind picked up this morning 25-30mph and many gusts 35-45, with one recording 48mph.
Wind has dropped in last hour to 15-18mph with plenty of 25-30mph gusts.
Been dry all this morning and the blue sky is now out.

Posted

Who are these WeatherFile people?! XCWeather gives the highest gust at St Catherine's Point at 52mph.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17264252.power-warning-for-homeowners-as-winds-reach-80mph-in-hampshire/

Posted
9 minutes ago, katemart said:

Who are these WeatherFile people?! XCWeather gives the highest gust at St Catherine's Point at 52mph.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17264252.power-warning-for-homeowners-as-winds-reach-80mph-in-hampshire/

Their website just looks like a company that sells weather equipment, based just down the road from me, so I doubt that would be an official reading. 

I’m not sure the echo would check it’s an official reading before publishing it anyway knowing what they’re like. 

The article says 82.2mph which I doubt it was actually anywhere near that.

BCD3E812-89F4-4644-960B-876D4299721F.png

Edited by matt111

Posted
16 minutes ago, katemart said:

Here's their link for Poole Harbour this morning https://weatherfile.com/location?loc_id=GBR00015

And here is their graph for Hurst Castle this morning, with the 82mph gust reported at 09:40.

image.thumb.png.7ca622927c48486f79bbd890b44f5bf3.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Here's their link for Poole Harbour this morning https://weatherfile.com/location?loc_id=GBR00015

Crikey, where’s that located? Behind a building? Doesn’t seem very accurate at all to me...

Posted
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Crikey, where’s that located? Behind a building? Doesn’t seem very accurate at all to me...

Karlos the Poole one is interesting as it says Poole Harbour and the location reports it as

image.thumb.png.806bd1d1f45d8b68680b2fcbc7d80b55.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1