Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

The harbour picked up a maximum gust today @13:30 of 47.468mph, so not as windy as the Met Office has us down for, still a bit of a breeze around 24mph currently.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Rob Walker said:

The above is from the MetO weather warning on my local forecast. It's the sentence (I've highlighted in bold) that caught my attention this evening.
Something to keep an eye on as this develops further?
Will affect rush hour traffic and morning commutes across south/west England and south/west Wales on current predictions.  

The BBC mentioned the same as well. The forecast wind speeds have crept up a bit for here, so I might have to get  up early and head out.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
11 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Thanks @Dorsetbred that song is now implanted in my head for the remainder of Wednesday!!

Yep thanks Dorsetbred and after reading every line burst into ... and in the naked light I saw, 10,000 people maybe more, and then carried on oblivious to my surroundings!  

Posted

Am not sure, as have been stuck in oriface all day but think the winds may have picked up.. l have a scout of the local weather page. It could just be the dishwasher... ?‍♀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
27 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The BBC mentioned the same as well. The forecast wind speeds have crept up a bit for here, so I might have to get  up early and head out.

I was thinking exactly the same! Nice 6am head out to the coast job!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Breezy and quite mild at 13C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Quieter at the moment with a light breeze and dry, looks lively tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Strongest gusts over 50mph beteeen 7-9am tomorrow morning so will be a lo(i)vely commute 

• Like 1

Posted

9 months ago todayF2E6CD24-3882-46E3-B3CE-DB68A2B2661E.thumb.jpeg.725bc2b3d6406df805d445523e875186.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

warnings expanded I see since last night... although I am to be avoided it seems..

its picking up a little here but no doubt elsewhere within that yellow swathe have more to talk about. Have a safe morning y”all 

EEBFA6B2-5105-4FF0-BD27-5524A907696E.png

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Very strong gusts and heavy rain at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Blowing a real hoolie out there

Edited by philglossop

Posted
16 hours ago, Mapantz said:

The graph updates at midnight, but November is at 135.2mm. I need to get to 140.8mm within 2 days, for a new station record.

RainByMonth.thumb.png.9d875ba541dfe085873501693e95ec3a.png

GOAL:oldgood:

According to your site this morning you have reached 

Rainfall This Month: 141.8 mm

Oh and it's still raining

Posted

Well there's a fair ol' morning, mild Temp: 12.6 °C...Dew Point: 11.7 °C RH96% along with rain and gusty winds not a good travel forecast for the morning commute... Wind is avg 30mph with gusts of 48.5mph this morning out in the harbour..

Sat in the office watching the windows distort in the gusty spells.....

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Sounds quite windy out there, though have to say it doesn't seem all that bad so far.

Forecast has been pushing the strongest winds back a little bit, hoping nothing too bad on the school run lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, I got up early but didn't think it was worth going out. It's windy with a few big gusts, but not as bad as I was expecting.

Posted

Yesterday was a blustery day S-SW 15-20mph with occasional 30-35mph. But died down from 4pm to midnight to 10-15mph with many 20-25mph gusts.
Just 4.1mm of rain fell yesterday, mostly drizzle through the day.

Since midnight and this morning, the blustery wind picked up again and has been S-SW 15-20mph with occasional 30-37mph gusts.
Since midnight, 3.6mm of rain, with some heavy showers between 4am and 6am. Its been dry since then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Very windy but dry at the moment. 12.9°C

I see the wind warnings been extended eastwards along the coast. The 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, it's grim out there.

Just checked the METO warning, gusts of 50m mph is what was forecast, local stations confirm that it is that windy, however what concerns me is the METO statement that there's a small chance the system will intensify with gusts of 70-80mph. Anyone any ideas if there's a real chance of it getting that bad or is it just a wait and see?

Concerned because we're exposed here on top of a big hill, gets windy at the best of times, losing fences is routine here. However, I've got a massive, mature, multi stemmed sycamore (would have been in hedge years ago but left to grow a long time ago) the trunks grow and spread from a bowl which is rotten. The tree has been condemned by a tree surgeon but because the power lines go through it, it's taken a while to get a date from the electric board to turn the power off so it can come down, it's booked to be felled on the 10th. Looking at it moving in 50mph gusts is scary enough, 70-80mph puts the fear of god into me. If it fell over it would save me the cost of felling but it would take out the house next door and my workshop. Any signs/clues this storm IS intensifying?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

This tree has just come down on the road that leads to my kids Primary school! It happened at 9:05 rather than 8:45 thankfully, because the road would have been very busy with cars heading to the school it’s very windy out!

DC6E047F-6F7B-476B-9F27-E9F23D254AF7.thumb.png.f9cd87cdb3e2fdc578256c58e865b625.png

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Another squall just moved through. Very gusty!

Posted

Ana-type cold front developing and moving through southern regions over the next few hours.  Shows up nicely on the radar.  This will likely produce some very squally conditions and some quite interesting skies as it moves over.

• Like 1