Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Of course the heavy 'rain' comes straight over us this afternoon yet whenever it is snow showers, they just miss us.  Hopefully we get a much colder and widespread cold/snow event in December.

Edited by Leon1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Looks like a huge summer thunderstorm to the east but according to the radar it’s just a bit of drizzle. 

BC321F9B-2408-4543-96D9-0B3B3418115C.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

After a bit of snow at home first thing this morning nothing else exciting happened during the day at work. Based near Keynsham, just outside Bristol it was grey and cold until about 1pm then the sun came out, bone dry though and feeling rather chilly.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

After my last comment we had some more heavy snow until around 8:10 and then it went back to sleet/rain. Had a heavy hail shower just after half 10 and after that it's been raining on and off all afternoon

It's incredible the difference being up the top of Lode Hill makes. I was walking back up Gravel Close in Downton at 8:10 and it was just cold rain. I was wondering if I was seeing the odd splodge, but I wouldn't have put money on it. Just got my head down and marched back home. It was horrible.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Gav has done a great video today. 2 things that interested me were #saveyourinternet, but most importantly what the BCC and CFSv2 says for the run up to Christmas. Not saying anything but just got me a bit more into the Christmas spirit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

there was a rumble of thunder about 4.15pm. the first here since april.

Edited by mike5900

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

7.6mm from the rain this morning which was followed by a dry and cloudy afternoon. Reached 8.3°C after a low of 0.5°C last night. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
3 hours ago, mike5900 said:

there was a rumble of thunder about 4.15pm. the first here since april.

Yes, it rather took me by surprise too!  I'd just come in from a funeral in the village and wondered if it was the deceased having a laugh!  It would have amused him no end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Just rain in Bridgwater this evening!! Worked overnight last night and can confirm it was absolutely freezing though no Precipitation sadly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Down to 1°C under clearing skies

Posted

Still a balmy 5.6°C here. 

Posted

Morning all, after starting out mild, even though cloudy, we have managed to just reached Temp: 0.3 °C Dew Point: -1.0 °C , time to scrape the ice off the car...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Morning. Bright and frosty this morn. Currently at -3.7 (courtesy of thatcham weather station) . suspect more rural will be lower 

615D7AEA-EF57-4B6B-A065-A575E3BCCF35.png

Posted

Morning, white and crispy here, currently -3. Looks pretty :cold:

Posted

Frosty car roof this morning. Anyone else old enough to remember getting these patterns on the inside of your bedroom window, back in the days before central heating & double glazing?

46507353_10156129245283175_4634636167583629312_n.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Was a pleasant day yesterday with 2mm of rain falling around 5am to 7am and a low of 1.9c at 4am, hitting 9c at midday and then dropped to 5.3 at midnight.

Today, a low of 3c at 6.30am and just hit 3.6c
ENE winds 8-12mph this morning, 1016.6 hPa

Posted

Everyone seems to be searching for cold X number of days ahead. Typical Net Weather symptoms of missing what’s happening now!

It’s the 3rd day of this cold spell, it snowed yesterday, we have a sharp frost and icy surfaces this morning.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Everyone seems to be searching for cold X number of days ahead. Typical Net Weather symptoms of missing what’s happening now!

It’s the 3rd day of this cold spell, it snowed yesterday, we have a sharp frost and icy surfaces this morning.

Said exactly that yesterday! It's crazy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 hours ago, jethro said:

Frosty car roof this morning. Anyone else old enough to remember getting these patterns on the inside of your bedroom window, back in the days before central heating & double glazing?

46507353_10156129245283175_4634636167583629312_n.jpg

I still get this on my windows.. Single glazing is harsh. Not quite cold enough last night but did drop to minus 4c. 

Posted

Didn't get below freezing here last night, low of 0.6°C. Mostly cloudy now but with the sun just about coming through. 5.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Low of -2C last night so lowest of the season so far and a lovely frosty start with sunshine. Shame the next few days are looking pretty grey.