Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

xZPqrZ6PgXz-DdIzcmd9Y839w_yUteTaWDUoek2I2JpgGhlOWpuOgXByEAi7JZhFRTMqvHJjEtoCt0QTXG3ux9ZK-hqFbHIndZ4hdV9u96HDeWO3C8qnEcqT7v38pGJi4rUstflWnm84vPtDJj68nnSHlsfp0g8aM6r0VI7sAUDyjPtx7zUviNjosoQiV6LnSY9YR1UWZUHvlM9GNsc5MDKbyy9_CCWeIV8X5hIlOAaOuqExbqJPaI6Z2wJ9uNCzIE3nN-cKU2Weehy0Q-M7n_OhKCUj7mDroOc6bKMe_mcUDz7Wt4edWZk-JDPdrILh6b1eJV47ImD8o600g0e29-gOcK8WPZar0fVxuGMSP5Yxu_zErAK6lKrkWn06gjGPMHSMgfNfMYEhxXmqPMJYDWlCFbDUCooaMIUhMMpuuIkPgxU_ccqSv44CLM2-w11sgSKvWkpTFUpyxnlq_DUARBPKTqVEHWQGTgvhVrlp-0zYvXpIRQj7WLcPhlLmgBoeoHBKOE5n8Zn2n9Vp1etUHIy0La6pJckhPjOUWRzqDz_dbY16Ab1SJPrrWdR4BMcohSdF1AafTk80jn54pWvps_7Z_xIVfhR8aiCAeSoPszqFDbeVK_WJ1xhPgXUzyQddmoyaPLwGDr4kiuXGhgiXghH9Bg=w1292-h969-no

Get the shovel.

I'm actually happy, it shows it for a couple of times throughout tomorrow night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

The Beeb shows sleet showers from 5pm tomorrow evening until 4am Wednesday :oldrofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
3 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

The Beeb shows sleet showers from 5pm tomorrow evening until 4am Wednesday :oldrofl:

Same for me just some different timings lol!  Kind of hopeit comes true though cause it could make for some great lamppost watching tomorrow evening/night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Hope you enjoy your sleet while I’m watching the clear variety fall here. :cray:

• Like 1

Posted

I'm actually quite confident that we could see some wintry showers/weather tomorrow night, lots of forecasts are showing it now. Just want METO to be on board with it too because they are still only seeing 'hill snow'.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

First pink I've seen south of the M4 for a while on the NW radar

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

First pink I've seen south of the M4 for a while on the NW radar

Wow snowing in the far south-east! It's the 19th of November!

Posted
5 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

That'll make S.M. happy..

Meanwhile closer to home (in fact at home) the temps are cruising downwards...albeit slowly as we still have a fair bit of cloud around and that breeze to contend with, currently 4.6 °C..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

I saw some earlier.......YES the clear stuff

Got some of that falling right now ? 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Haven’t seen any reports of any snow there so seems unlikely at the moment. Not to say there won’t be any over the next couple of days in a few lucky spots. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Looks like you're under a Soton streamer!

Yes it did look like it but it was actually just a line of showers moving west. If it was show then I’d have loved it to be a perfectly placed streamer like that. ⛄

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
On 17/11/2018 at 16:24, Leon1 said:

Should probably cut my lawn once more as well, acer tree finally dropping it's leaves in beautiful yellows and oranges and reds. Since it cleared earlier it has been a lovely autumn day, quite chilly in the SE winds but sunny and a spectacular sunset!

eHAf0DKPNcPciQm74PuWJ34w6xlPL7ew0GsuqZtNS3Ggr_yNFllCnVQ3xMEfeSivtcLiLhRAQEC1gnYJXa6_buJ0DbRsvffKk78xjnXMzG5G4D0uLGtY7G9spMCnQEZj9wcP0Du1hrefcpFauHy7PPCxQwRrlf4l2JwvyPD0wkKFIVYNDrJiSD5qQV_2MYq9IeD1Q3RmFZJncB4jw8tvabP43xb7x6zIcKIeFxrXBMQblOuDAi8RD3OXhuN0Ql1HKL9CakD28w4fpxqA8r4JLAPkd0APT2l26hL1GKIDFw2cTpzVBEZi3HUseri80lPKlXP_088yYKa7zZu68S4YJvGoBRFZDSggRJGqb0vl9rw6kKaP_lVleHolFmvu5a8_7nipMcRVjOBvOeGbYr815uPrIYtfnztkg5XGYs4HchxgUKStTMNF8cmQsn6bcqwUO4a8XUiZIqrr0mTbwjCvB9pzm5RsyrLU5mrjNP_bcDxLwp42I1KDcoWSo7Xto4xGlczkbFORLO2NHzr2ru31pkJjaQIJ4OSp5wKy3hj_0JnRfowf-9dX8znihEakLAQC2bs64r-VMlWT4PAmygKQzTcSHqERGgBmLI1O6mNjYtm-u8BYrlchlWkRqUhTeKLYFrQWbLhZenWfOaCGUWg5JG9_Sw=w1723-h969-no

Ha did my acer leaves  on sat as all over the place. Interestingly a FB memory reminded me the tree was in full crimson leaf exactly this time last year. This year same time most of the leaves are on the floor.. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Ha did my acer leaves  on sat as all over the place. Interestingly a FB memory reminded me the tree was in full crimson leaf exactly this time last year. This year same time most of the leaves are on the floor.. 

Has to be the cold spell now and the one in late October...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

I haven't looked at the model output personally but going by some posts I get the feeling the South West is the last place you want to be if you want Snow! That Low pressure is gunna cause us a nightmare I feel which looks stubborn to move..All it seems to do is lift the upper profile in our region so like last week again! Tut

Edited by Dave Kightley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
20 minutes ago, Dave Kightley said:

I haven't looked at the model output personally but going by some posts I get the feeling the South West is the last place you want to be if you want Snow! That Low pressure is gunna cause us a nightmare I feel which looks stubborn to move..All it seems to do is lift the upper profile in our region so like last week again! Tut

I think most places only have a low chance of snow given the marginality. If the low parks up to the SW then anywhere south of the M4 is not ideally placed. The low more to the SE however and we are quite well placed. Such fine lines.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow
6 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I think most places only have a low chance of snow given the marginality. If the low parks up to the SW then anywhere south of the M4 is not ideally placed. The low more to the SE however and we are quite well placed. Such fine lines.

Story of late! Great blocking currently though without that great cold upper profile. It does feel like a missed opportunity although it is only November! I see the cold upper profile may continue to struggle though given the margin of error in the output, I would not be surprised to see it go either way still.

Edited by Dave Kightley
  • Like 1

Posted

Mornin All, after an overnight low of  3.3 °C temperatures have rocketed to a balmy 4.5 °C, yet it still remains overcast and showery, with a recent shower leaving it's mark.

Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Kightley said:

Where you located mate?

Oxfordshire...in between the M4 and M40.

Lots of wintry showers to the East and South of me today. Temps held up at 5C overnight thanks to a strong NE breeze. Couple  of big gusts in there. Might be a good day to catch a wintry shower or 2, but snowman building? I reckon on another month yet. I'll certainly have a hat and gloves on today

Posted

Sleet showers all over the place this morning. 

Posted

We're marginal here. Precipitation forecast for later today, but who knows what it'll fall as. Temperature currently 4c and dp 2c. Watch this space. Maybe lamp post watching on the cards for later.

• Like 1