Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Grey, dank, damp, miserable, only consolation is the temperature at 13.5°C, not that it actually feels like it out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yes the weather is getting colder! Just as my boiler breaks again!! ...

Not again? ?‍♂️

Still dull and damp here but feeling a bit colder now than it was earlier. 11.3°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Another seasonal model predicts a below average winter for us! I'm beginning to get impatient over winter forecasts!

Except the ECMWF seasonal it does look quite promising! According to Ian Fergusson on twitter in reply to the Met model update, it seems an opportunity  for cold weather J in F looks a good possibility ATM too.. So if this spell does fail to deliver then the at least there are other chances!

Edited by Dave Kightley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

To put it short, a yuck day!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The forecast shows the sun breaking through around 10am tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be sooner!

WOW, now I am concerned, if it happens between now and 7am we are in serious trouble...(Sorry it's friday, end of the week, and a yuck day...)

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

The forecast shows the sun breaking through around 10am tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be sooner!

Too right and just in time for the weekend. This week can do one.

Brew Day tomorrow, hopefully in the Sunshine. Our Christmas Chocolate Porter is going on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
9 minutes ago, jtay said:

Too right and just in time for the weekend. This week can do one.

Like a reversal of a few months ago when the sun only came out during the week.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

WOW, now I am concerned, if it happens between now and 7am we are in serious trouble...(Sorry it's friday, end of the week, and a yuck day...)

On a side note. WeatherFlow's main man messaged me earlier to say that they're sending me a new test sky unit within the next week to two weeks. I'm looking forward to trying that out with the hydrophilic coating. You can bet we don't get any strong winds combined with rain for three months now. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just like most had yesterday evening but not me, I now have drizzle here although unlike yesterday it’s not quite as mild. 10.4°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Depressing once again. Currently 13.2°C

I've just had fun putting a flea tablet down my cats throat. 

1eb7a9f979eff73304c61d7ceff95a69ed77c6f15579115298185ecb28deb524.thumb.jpg.f457a095289522d95a6cd0386e2082ee.jpg

Oh don’t envy you that job.. my cat used to properly swear at me if I had to worm tablet her. For fleas  I got the flea drop things which go on the back of their neck.. just make sure they can’t run outside after.. poor things. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

Oh don’t envy you that job.. my cat used to properly swear at me if I had to worm tablet her. For fleas  I got the flea drop things which go on the back of their neck.. just make sure they can’t run outside after.. poor things. 

The first attempt was futile, ended up with bloodied arms lol

Second attempt, I wrapped him up in an old blanket, like a caterpillar, that made it easier.

Posted
2 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Weather like today is just true to the November Poem.. 

9AA3A120-E082-4924-B1DC-5A7C9DE5049D.jpeg

Interesting the poem suggests “..... no butterflies”, we have them in the garden, yesterday a couple of them still flitting around..

• Like 1

Posted

I coulda have sworn that I was in a time loop over the last couple of days, murky yet warm, dry but moisture still laying on the ground. And then tonight again as last night drizzle..mind you it is November so I suppose it’s more seasonable, just got to sort the ol temperatures out..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’ve got 2 weeks to pack the house up for the move, but bed feels sooooo good and it’s miserable outside  

Posted
20 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’ve got 2 weeks to pack the house up for the move, but bed feels sooooo good and it’s miserable outside  

Staying in the area or moving away?

Posted
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

Staying in the area or moving away?

Up the hill to L’Matravers. Could never move away from the region, unless it was abroad! Too much on our doorstep!

Posted

Morning All another damp, overcast, misty start to the day, I’m waiting to see if @Mapantz expectation of sun breaking through is going to happen.

Currently 7.3 °C with RH93% with a breeze in from the NE.

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Up the hill to L’Matravers. Could never move away from the region, unless it was abroad! Too much on our doorstep!

Oh cool, that will see some lower winter temps, more frosts and better hope of some white stuff given the increase in elevation.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Oh cool, that will see some lower winter temps, more frosts and better hope of some white stuff given the increase in elevation.

That’s the hope although it’s prone to temp inversion as well, been -4c here in the Minster but at the top of the hill closer to 0c on some occasions.

Posted

Taking longer to brighten up than first thought but it’s starting to. Certainly feels colder this morning. 8.8°C

Posted

Well, that's the lawn cut for the last time this year, hopefully. More leaves cleaned up, but still many more to fall from the Wisteria. Temp reached 11.5°C in the sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
25 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Well, that's the lawn cut for the last time this year, hopefully. More leaves cleaned up, but still many more to fall from the Wisteria. Temp reached 11.5°C in the sunshine.

Should probably cut my lawn once more as well, acer tree finally dropping it's leaves in beautiful yellows and oranges and reds. Since it cleared earlier it has been a lovely autumn day, quite chilly in the SE winds but sunny and a spectacular sunset!

eHAf0DKPNcPciQm74PuWJ34w6xlPL7ew0GsuqZtNS3Ggr_yNFllCnVQ3xMEfeSivtcLiLhRAQEC1gnYJXa6_buJ0DbRsvffKk78xjnXMzG5G4D0uLGtY7G9spMCnQEZj9wcP0Du1hrefcpFauHy7PPCxQwRrlf4l2JwvyPD0wkKFIVYNDrJiSD5qQV_2MYq9IeD1Q3RmFZJncB4jw8tvabP43xb7x6zIcKIeFxrXBMQblOuDAi8RD3OXhuN0Ql1HKL9CakD28w4fpxqA8r4JLAPkd0APT2l26hL1GKIDFw2cTpzVBEZi3HUseri80lPKlXP_088yYKa7zZu68S4YJvGoBRFZDSggRJGqb0vl9rw6kKaP_lVleHolFmvu5a8_7nipMcRVjOBvOeGbYr815uPrIYtfnztkg5XGYs4HchxgUKStTMNF8cmQsn6bcqwUO4a8XUiZIqrr0mTbwjCvB9pzm5RsyrLU5mrjNP_bcDxLwp42I1KDcoWSo7Xto4xGlczkbFORLO2NHzr2ru31pkJjaQIJ4OSp5wKy3hj_0JnRfowf-9dX8znihEakLAQC2bs64r-VMlWT4PAmygKQzTcSHqERGgBmLI1O6mNjYtm-u8BYrlchlWkRqUhTeKLYFrQWbLhZenWfOaCGUWg5JG9_Sw=w1723-h969-no

• Like 2