Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, Bobafet said:

Back for another winter ride!!!  Hope everyone’s well and enjoying the eye candy on offer the last few days! Not seen this much of a buzz early in the season!,

lets hope it is a #winter of discontent!

Let's hope we don't get a week of frost and then a mild winter.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Let's hope we don't get a week of frost and then a mild winter.. 

Probably knowing our luck! Have a feeling though it could be a good winter for us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Certainly promising signs early on, not forgetting the fact it's not even winter yet. Hopefully the promise continues rather than fading away like we often see. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Certainly promising signs early on, not forgetting the fact it's not even winter yet. Hopefully the promise continues rather than fading away like we often see. 

even more promising Matt, my local tesco has Rhubarb & Ginger Gin on special.......£12 a bottle....guess who's getting mullered this weekend? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Doombar for me tonight

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

even more promising Matt, my local tesco has Rhubarb & Ginger Gin on special.......£12 a bottle....guess who's getting mullered this weekend? 

Anything to make the cold hunting roller coaster more bearable. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

What happened to your health kick?

I kicked it, I’m not a quitter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm staying in  here. The mod thread is fast becoming one poster's rectum

lol

Posted
7 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Same here re windows although I try to do it for at least a few hours several days a week to freshen up indoors.

Currently wedged into the sunny corner with an airer of washing lol. 

My boy is shifting stones around the garden pretending to be Bob The Builder!

The joys of parenthood! Yea lack of space round here too. The laundry takes over big time this time of year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Actually, you’ve all raised some valid points tonight. Must stock up on gin and chocolate for this roller coaster ride to the end of Nov. And for either a short frost, or more or an Atlantic low.. who knows yet. I’ll be well happy by then whatever    

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Actually, you’ve all raised some valid points tonight. Must stock up on gin and chocolate for this roller coaster ride to the end of Nov. And for either a short frost, or more or an Atlantic low.. who knows yet. I’ll be well happy by then whatever    

Wise words

• Like 1

Posted

One thing is bugging me. I work in transport planning and we have a modelling team. Same principles as weather modelling, and diff models predict forecasts etc on a network etc. 

Whenever a model is re run with a new scenario or data  the output is an update run. It is never an upgrade no matter how good the data is going on. So why every time there is a new run or a comparison is it called an upgrade? Or is it the upgrade just the opinion of the viewer?

Odd post I know, am sorry. Just curious. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Afternoon all! Temp got up to 14.7°C today, in the sunshine. It felt pretty warm considering the time of year.

I had a Facebook memory today from November 2011. Same great sunshine and maybe slightly warmer. Now I’ve seen that memory, all comes flooding back ( it was the last winter before my old trusty steed passed so hence is now very vivid) and the weather today was indeed just like then. So yes warm considering the time of year but it has happened before for me. ?? it’s great. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
19 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm staying in  here. The mod thread is fast becoming one poster's rectum

The Man from Uranus?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
59 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

The Man from Uranus?

The man from kent!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow
45 minutes ago, festivalking said:

The man from kent!

Steve Murr? Never boring when he posts! Don't think I've ever seen him post a mild chart!

Edited by Dave Kightley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
7 hours ago, Dave Kightley said:

Steve Murr? Never boring when he posts! Don't think I've ever seen him post a mild chart!

Well yes he's the ramper's ramper. A balanced approach to weather forecasting and predicting rather than forever looking to snow o'clock would give his posts more creedance. 

It's the hero worship i mainly reject and the rudeness of his followers and him to others who dare to dusagree or are more knowledgeable.

Mind you recently the charts are rather interesting at the moment if cold is your thing. You can't blame anyone for posting these charts and getting over excited but it can get a wee bit boorish

For our region talking of the weather the further east you go possibly better cold conditions

• Like 5

Posted

9c here too. Might have a bbq tonight

2 hours ago, festivalking said:

Well yes he's the ramper's ramper. A balanced approach to weather forecasting and predicting rather than forever looking to snow o'clock would give his posts more creedance. 

It's the hero worship i mainly reject and the rudeness of his followers and him to others who dare to dusagree or are more knowledgeable.

Mind you recently the charts are rather interesting at the moment if cold is your thing. You can't blame anyone for posting these charts and getting over excited but it can get a wee bit boorish

For our region talking of the weather the further east you go possibly better cold conditions

Agree. It's the way his merry band of followers leap on the back of anyone who disagrees with them.  They seem to forget it's  a MODEL,  not cold hard facts, DISCUSSION i.e. everyone is entitled to an opinion, and they should feel free to be able to express it without being mocked, derided or dismissed. It's frankly off putting at best and bullying at worst. 

• Like 2

Posted

Dull and cloudy here with fog coming and going. Still mild at 13.2°C. 

Posted

Come on people our regional thread is almost always positive and happy. Surely there’s no need to post about other members as some have this morning.