Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
8 minutes ago, matt111 said:

You're definitely moving now then?

Wind picking up a bit here now although still not particularly strong yet. 

Ha, yeah solicitors just dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s. Might even exchange today

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

My new Zhiyun mobile gimbal has just arrived! I'm looking forward to getting some good, stable footage of any severe weather on my new phone! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

My new Zhiyun mobile gimbal has just arrived! I'm looking forward to getting some good, stable footage of any severe weather on my new phone! 

What is  Gimbal? Sounds like something fluffy you have to feed if it is kept in a stable? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Ha, yeah solicitors just dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s. Might even exchange today

Good luck  

• Thanks 1

Posted
21 hours ago, jethro said:

Mendip Council have invested in a new gritting lorry, it's got 'Ice Destroyer' emblazoned down the side and is fitted with the biggest snow plough I've ever seen outside a ski resort. Is it wrong to have got very excited and spent the rest of the journey grinning like a Cheshire cat when I passed this beast on the way to work this morning?

Surely all that money spent by a cash strapped council has got to be a sign they believe the predicted deep and long solar minimum is going to usher in a new era of snowy winters? :yahoo:

That'll last year's down here. In fact ours is fixed to the front of a Bedford flatbed, show's  how often it's been used..

Posted
45 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

What is  Gimbal? Sounds like something fluffy you have to feed if it is kept in a stable? 

It does sound like something fluffy, i've always thought the same.

3_44f44464-36c1-4d9b-9c8e-ffe83a2a2c76_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.7f730292b684c46f76152424eadc9926.jpg

Brilliant for creating smooth videos with no nasty up/down movement. There's lots of other features to - timelapse/hyperlapse etc

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

It’s a bit gloomy now but still dry at the moment with the wind gradually increasing. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Getting quite blowy here 

Posted

Salcombe gusting near 100 kph now ⚠️

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Good luck with balancing it. I opted for the DJI Osmo for a first-person walks YouTube channel I am starting, but was tempted by the Zhiyun too. Once I got the hang of it (via Dr Google), I found it reasonably straightforward to use, although transferring footage from phone to elsewhere needed some more Googling. Will be interested to hear your experience and see your footage. We are supposed to be headed to Sandbanks for the weekend but are wondering whether to postpone due to the heavy rain forecast for tomorrow. Any thoughts from chaps and chapesses on this thread are most welcome.

Posted

Horrendous gusts and torrential rain being thrown at front sea facing windows.   Hedge doing Mexican wave!!!

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Good luck with balancing it. I opted for the DJI Osmo for a first-person walks YouTube channel I am starting, but was tempted by the Zhiyun too.

All good and straightforward thus far. The reason I didn't opt for the Osmo, is because the app is useless on the majority of Android phones. It doesn't support newer devices, or 4K at 60fps, 30fps, nor 1080p @ 60fps, just 1080p @ 30fps. The majority of the controls do not work with the Android app either. They don't mention any of this in their sales description. The dji forums are full of complaints from angry Android users.

I decided to pay £11.99 for Filmic Pro in the Google app store, everything works which is good.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Amazing how dark it is now the cloud has moved in. Zero solar radiation.

Yes it’s just come over dark in the last few minutes here, already needing the lights on inside. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Pressure dropping quickly now.

PressureDay.thumb.png.70ca8ed38867b90688d0f3dc5665d2e2.png WindDay.thumb.png.31b5730b8f73aa281ab168f2f7f967e9.png WindDirDay.thumb.png.aa1b92446db1dd8a79f3e474c897a02e.png

Was just going to post pressure here dropping very quickly.  Winds picking up to match. Rain not reached us yet. Yrying to work out best vantage point in this new house to watch it roll in. Could get used to living on a hill with a 320 vista!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Really gusty now with sporadic rain. Went noticeably darker about 3.30 as the heavier cloud moved in.

Posted

Suddenly got rather wild out there with the arrival of the rain a few minutes ago. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

That'll last year's down here. In fact ours is fixed to the front of a Bedford flatbed, show's  how often it's been used..

Lol. I must admit, the altitude of my village did play a part in choosing where to live and it's going to play a part in the next house too - got to build the house in the garden first then I'm heading to the Mendip plateau. Apparently, according to hubby, a weekend retreat in the highlands is a silly idea.

Very dark and very windy here, rain rolling in.

Posted

Yup, wind be howling now rain beating against the window. Sounds rough out there 

Posted

The winds really howling here now, it’s days like this when I wish my station was more exposed. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

I left my old station at my old house.  It may be lost in the demolition! I have a cheapo indoor one and a handheld anenometer. I'm  pretty exposed up here and got a 38mph gust just now