Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sudden change in the last half an hour, the dull morning has been replaced by mostly clear skies and it feels pleasant. 14.8°C

Posted

90% of our garden is shaded now even at this time of day. Crammed into the sunny 10% are 2 airers of washing and me sitting enjoying it while my boy plays with his diggers, tractors and trucks and shifts stones everywhere! 

Glorious afternoon, sunny with fast moving Stratocumulus, breezy, 15.7c .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The skies look very threatening on my webcam but no rain in the vicinity. It managed 16.2°C at lunchtime, cooler now, but the wind getting up too. Hoping some heavy rain will wash the neighbours' patios down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Mapantz said:

The skies look very threatening on my webcam but no rain in the vicinity. It managed 16.2°C at lunchtime, cooler now, but the wind getting up too. Hoping some heavy rain will wash the neighbours' patios down. 

It looked very threatening to the east of here not long ago but it’s cleared again now.  

And why would they need washing down...  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just had a good read in the Strat thread, GP’s post most encouraging. Could we see a disturbed PV in December? Bloody hope so, would make for a potentially very interesting Christmas/New year. If colds your thing that is ?‍♂️

Long way off, I’ll be back on fb by then .

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Just had a good read in the Strat thread, GP’s post most encouraging. Could we see a disturbed PV in December? Bloody hope so, would make for a potentially very interesting Christmas/New year. If colds your thing that is ?‍♂️

Long way off, I’ll be back on fb by then .

I've got a bet on you being back on in less than three weeks

• Like 3

Posted

Meh. Pretty dull all day today. Bit better in the middle of the day but gloomy rain and murk soon returned.

Possibly some nasty weather later on this evening and tonight? May even see some thunder and lightning if we're lucky!

Posted

It got dark extremely quickly just now, think it clouded over just as it started getting dark which made it seem more sudden than usual. Still a mild 13.6°C and dry for now at least. 

Edited by matt111
Definitely isn’t -3.6°C
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

I've got a bet on you being back on in less than three weeks

Sooner than that if PSV carry on like this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Getting windier now. 30mph+ gusts.

All that cleaning up I did.. just looked outside with the torch and seen the contents of Wareham forest littered in the garden. lol

Posted

It took longer than the radar suggested but the rains finally reached here and the winds picked up a bit too. 

Posted

Yup definitely bit blowy out, gates annoying me but I must remain strong, if I pretend to be asleep for long enough, the wife will break and go outside to fix it

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted

Yes it's windy but I didn't think it was windy enough to start hearing things banging around outside but it is. Not sure what the noise is though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

With a bit of luck this wind tonight and what's forecast tomorrow will see the last of the leaves fall, bored now with clearing them up at work.

Posted

Looks like being a really interesting weather day and I’ve got to head east to Sussex now, not back until tomorrow, Booooo . 

Posted

A very wild and windy night with torrential rain battering velux window.

clearing away and calmer now, for a while anyway.

more on the way I believe.

Posted

Naughty GFS! I like it’s idea, but I think it’s being a tad premature! But wow what a chart  

6D490A26-7976-4B1E-8D48-327B2283672F.thumb.png.0c513a6fc2b1ec1e6c639e0c29cab02c.png

Edited by karlos1983
No idea who shay is ?‍♂️
  • Like 2

Posted

Despite the stats for this Autumn not looking bad, the weather seems to have had a knack of writing off whole days (usually at weekends like last Sunday once again), but anything intense enough to be interesting has missed here. Last night all the heavy stuff went west of here, and has been going just east of here for a few hours, and now just west of here again...