Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Coldest I’ve felt since March, especially with the chilly wind!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Surely some snow over the tops of the chilterns atm...

OMG, you know we are in trouble when SM appears in OUR thread

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening all, I was out and about today, thought I was being a soft sod for thinking it was blinking cold but turns out, it was actually cold enough for snow. I was in Wells and it was sleeting heavily, as Wells centre is 150mtrs lower down than home I figured it must be snow at home, and it was. Officially a snow day on the Mendips, earliest in the season that I can remember in the 20 odd years of being here, more usual to get late season snow around these parts. Last Saturday walking around in a t shirt, today coat and sheep skin gloves, summer to winter in 7 days. Bonkers!

Video of snow in Priddy, Mendip hills.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/snow-live-arctic-blast-somerset-2154745?fbclid=IwAR0767qwJeTEyLtWUJxZ4GsYD6ExYHppdxIcp5KLmr5IKLhw5sUhRZGNigY

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Coldest day here since 31st March and it certainly felt it. Briefly reached 8.1°C before it clouded over this afternoon after a sunny morning. Now it's already down to 4.8°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Well in the frost hollow I live in was  -2c overnight, and just 2.5c at 5pm, with alternating rain/sleet most of the day. So much for ‘showers’! Had 3 frosts in a row a couple of weeks ago as well. Old school Autumn. 

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

No a bad day here, sunny for quite a lot of it. Temp maxed at 8.2°C. No frosts yet, earliest frost days are the first week of November here. No showers either!

Today's sunshine has now made it the sunniest October i've recorded - close to the Met Office derived average for this area too.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Great to see some of tye white stuff being reported in our area more so over the moors and high ground of the south west.

Had some amazing Hail showers today down here in Falmouth but nothing sticking. 

Have a great weekend guys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I thought I detected some sleet mixed in with the heavier rain showers in Exeter at around 6pm, and it may have been genuine as Exeter Airport measured 3.4C with a dew point of 1.8C at the time - if so, remarkable to get a bit of wintriness in October in Exeter of all places!  It's definitely 100% rain now though with the temperature creeping above 5C.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I wonder if this would've been a half decent snow event in December. The temperature has even gone up after sundown like it would in winter lol.

Posted

Today was the coldest day since the 2nd Beasterly in March, Monday 19th March to be precise.

It started gloriously sunny/frosty and ended windy, raw and wet with rain/sleet.

Posted

Morning All a partly cloudy start currently 4.7°C with a breeze in from the N/NNE keeping overnight temps above freezing..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny for a lot of the day today but a bit cloudier for a time earlier this afternoon. Slightly warmer than yesterday not that it really felt it reaching 9.9°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, it was a sharp frost first thing here today, now the Mendip murk has rolled in, melted the frost and left it all a bit grey and damp. Very autumnal out there now.

Posted

A low of 0.9°C this morning, so no frosts yet. Blue skies all day and the temp reached 10.3°C. It'll getting dark by the time The Chase starts. :D

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Min last night was -0.1°C, only just below freezing, but it still counts!  Everywhere was white, but very briefly, there was also mist/fog until shortly after 10.  Afternoon was blue skies all the way, but with a lazy, strong and cold wind.

Posted

No frost here with a low of 1.1°C last night. Blue skies all day today and not too bad in the sun but cold in the shade, high of 9.6°C. 

Posted

I've only just realised that the pressure has dropped to 999.7mb. It seems strange to have pressure that low with clear skies, temp at 2.6°C and no wind at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Narrowly missed a technical air frost with a minimum of 0.0C this morning, but was frosty nonetheless. Now down to 01.4C so could just dip below zero this time.