Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Yep just seen that. Also a big moon at the moment. 

18D54D7A-9BEF-416C-B1F3-2585B0ED9A6F.jpeg

5645340F-F960-484B-B944-EEFA2F6C67D4.jpeg

CF2B3E20-0D82-497F-BD7E-16744A3AEC81.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Absolute peach of a sunset over Hols Bay

292BF7FB-915A-473E-9F4B-4CBC2ED8D241.thumb.jpeg.7e3ad3193ea29bab4fdcbf9d1ece6e9f.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Snap.

Coming home last night, saw a hare brilliantly illuminated by the huge moon, wish I'd had my camera then too.

DSC02605.JPG

DSC02602.JPG

• Like 9

Posted

Incredible sunset tonight wasn't it?! All the pics are amazing, I didn't get any but wish I did I was just stood outside looking at it in amazement never seen the sky so red/orange!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

This sky followed the sunset earlier. 

50AF142C-89FD-4278-AAFC-4F395AF3B587.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Another one from here too.

P1030998 (800x494).jpg

Posted

I'm lucky, my house faces west looking out over open fields so always get to witness a good sunset. I'm used to them during the summer months, but I don't remember or associate them being so brilliant this late in the year, am I imagining that tonight was unusual for the end of October?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
48 minutes ago, jethro said:

I'm lucky, my house faces west looking out over open fields so always get to witness a good sunset. I'm used to them during the summer months, but I don't remember or associate them being so brilliant this late in the year, am I imagining that tonight was unusual for the end of October?

My bank of weather photos over the years suggest we've had quite a few good sunsets in the autumn, but not so much in the last 4-5 years. Shame I was sat in traffic during tonight's!

Posted
9 hours ago, MP-R said:

My bank of weather photos over the years suggest we've had quite a few good sunsets in the autumn, but not so much in the last 4-5 years. Shame I was sat in traffic during tonight's!

Thank you. Memory's never a good thing to rely on for accuracy, these days with so much going on and generally in headless chicken mode, I trust it even less. Oh the joys of traffic eh.

Clear blue sky and sunshine here this morning, bit nippy and heavy dew, looks like it's going to be a lovely day. Really have been spoilt these last few months.

• Like 1

Posted

Well here we are again, another school holiday starts tomorrow and Mother Nature is changing the weather for the worse, however I will be happy with working out in cold/dry from Friday (although next week has stereotypical wet likelihood!) .

Even though much of the summer holidays saw me working out in dry conditions the general theme still changed from definite heatwave dryness to more unsettled right as the schools broke up!

Much of this may be rendered unimportant though seeing as I am currently iceing my right foot which I can barely stand on today, no idea how it happened but thankfully I'm sat in the sun * and my boy is happily investigating every square inch of the garden!

* To return to my opening comments re school holiday weather this is the 7th perfect day in a row!

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
26 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Well here we are again, another school holiday starts tomorrow and Mother Nature is changing the weather for the worse, however I will be happy with working out in cold/dry from Friday (although next week has stereotypical wet likelihood!) .

Even though much of the summer holidays saw me working out in dry conditions the general theme still changed from definite heatwave dryness to more unsettled right as the schools broke up!

Much of this may be rendered unimportant though seeing as I am currently iceing my right foot which I can barely stand on today, no idea how it happened but thankfully I'm sat in the sun * and my boy is happily investigating every square inch of the garden!

* To return to my opening comments re school holiday weather this is the 7th perfect day in a row!

Seems the schools here will have had it better than since they’re off this week. 

Certaibly nice again at the moment with almost clear skies although it looks hazy to the west.  

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
33 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Seems the schools here will have had it better than since they’re off this week. 

Certaibly nice again at the moment with almost clear skies although it looks hazy to the west.  

Schools are still on in Bath this week, half term for them next week.

Posted

Morning All, a clear moonlight starry morning starts the day with some mist patches, Currently 3.4 °C and still dropping, and the ice warning triggered on the car this morning for the first time this season. Staring out at the full moon as it shines brightly to the east.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Morning all, another clear sunny morning here and looking like a lovely day ahead again. Noticeably colder though, hubby had to scrape ice off his car earlier, first time this autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yep I was surprised how chilly it was last night. Lowest minimum so far this autumn at 01.4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Down to 2.4°C this morning. Currently sunny and 10.7°C. 

South Today said it would be cloudy all day with the odd break. 

Posted

No frost here with a low of 4.3°C. Cloudy now and feeling much cooler. 8.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I was scraping ice on the front windscreen of my car inside and out this morning.... courtesy of me leaving the windows wide open all night ?‍♂️ 

that caught me out, wasn’t expecting a frost!

Beautiful day ❄️

closest station to me got down to 0.7c, mines out of action atm

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
4 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

I was scraping ice on the front windscreen of my car inside and out this morning.... courtesy of me leaving the windows wide open all night ?‍♂️ 

that caught me out, wasn’t expecting a frost!

Beautiful day ❄️

closest station to me got down to 0.7c, mines out of action atm

Oops

The early promise of another sunny day here soon gave way to cloud, not particularly chilly but grey and dull. One of those autumn days where I wouldn't be surprised to see fog later.

• Like 1