Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Yes,it's noticeably warm. We've had no rain here. It's looked as if it was approaching on the radar,  but would then disappear when it reached the Thames Valley for some reason.  Windy too. Mean 30mph with gusts into the late 40s most of the day with a slight lull mid afternoon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Feels strange how warm it is and even more so with the wind. 18.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Since about 5pm, I haven't had a gust above 30mph, despite the forecasts showing 45mph + until around midnight. Just standard fare.

Interesting to note that Hurn airport hasn't had a gust above 40mph all day.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Strange... out of nowhere an absolutely massive gust of wind made 2 garden chairs fly off the patio knocking over a plant on the way. Just had to go and turn the table upside-down and pack all the furniture away!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Still 19C just before 11PM with temperatures not forecasted to drop below 18 tonight. Reminds me of those warm summer nights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Finally planted, Co2 up and running as well.

20181012_224029.thumb.jpg.6dac0b57cf31c4a9ce6c346a197a95ae.jpg

For anyone interested in the species of plants I used..

• Xmas Moss
  • Flame Moss
  • Weeping Moss
  • Bucephalandra Sp. Green
  • Bucephalandra Mini Velvet
  • Staurogyn Repens
  • Cryptocoryne Petchii
  • Cryptocoryne Walkeri
  • Java Fern 'Narrow'
  • Anubias Nana Petite
  • Anubias Coin Leaf
  • Anubias Coffeefolia
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

More gusts now up to 45mph

Posted

Sure is toasty out there, if not exactly hot and sunny 

Quite a few showers starting to build up out to sea to the SW of here. Probably not great for topping up yesterday's rainfall. My wife had to go into Plymouth this morning, fingers crossed the roads aren't so bad today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Warmest October night I’ve ever seen 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, just checking, it is Saturday isn't it? I haven't stepped into a time warp and woken up on Friday again, have I? Nowt's changed here, still warm, still wet, still very windy.

Posted

Morning All an overnight low of 17.0 °C, made me think we were still in July not mid October. Certainly not got the windy conditions others have experienced or the rain as it seems to all be stuck to the west of us.

Posted

Yet another wet weekend day and tomorrow, which had looked lovely, now looks terrible too!

Not sure why a constant stream of showers keeps forming near the South coast and moving inland but they sure are looking like botching up the chances of a warm, fine afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...
3 hours ago, jethro said:

Morning, just checking, it is Saturday isn't it? I haven't stepped into a time warp and woken up on Friday again, have I? Nowt's changed here, still warm, still wet, still very windy.

Very Wet in the morning if you wake up to early.....

Posted

Brightened up a little since this morning, feels warm despite the breeze. Tomorrow morning looks wet wet wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

The strong wind is with us again.. 25 mph sometimes more. 

Posted

We had a glorious 4 to 5 hours with temperatures above 21c and a gale blowing but now back to showers/drizzle forming to the SSW and moving over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not that windy here today and in the sun this afternoon it felt warm. Reached 20.3°C

Posted

Awful start today, but it definitely picked up.

Walked from Highcliffe to Mudeford, stopping for a cone of chips at Avon beach and it was lovely. Something for everyone. The kite surfers were out in force and the walkers were lapping up the sunshine. 

Tomorrow = write-off.

• Like 1

Posted

Tomorrow does indeed look dreadful, MO has rain in the early morning all the way into the evening; but after that the outlook doesn't look too bad, mostly dry with temps in the mid teens, and a bit cooler at night!

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
4 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Tomorrow does indeed look dreadful, MO has rain in the early morning all the way into the evening; but after that the outlook doesn't look too bad, mostly dry with temps in the mid teens, and a bit cooler at night!

Not convinced about the duration, as it looks to move through quite quickly, so I'm not convinced of a day full of rain maybe part of the day.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1