Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Reached 20.8°C and felt very nice this afternoon. Still feels fairly warm now, currently 17.3°C. Looks like some showers approaching from the south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Starting off mostly clear and rather mild at 14C. Kept the window open last night

Posted

Kicking myself for not doing washing last night and putting it out. We had no rain, a temperature that stayed around 16c and there's no dewy dampness either.

Instead it's just gone out and rain looks like arriving mid morning rather than this afternoon as forecast yesterday evening!

Posted

Got 50mph gusts predicted for most of the day here tomorrow, no warning though which is odd, usually 45-50mph is the highest we get and that tends to be accompanied by a yellow warning from the Met. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Windy now + a few light sprinkles of rain. Gusting to 33mph. Temp 17.9°C

I have a relaxing afternoon to start my new aquascape.

20181011_133102_HDR.thumb.jpg.ed603079a5f0465fb4905cdbdb45fb72.jpg 20181011_133117.thumb.jpg.af01ae93f7f38bf85345abd2dfccd5fa.jpg

I've got some amazing pieces of wood to use! Lot's of super gluing moss and plants to the wood.

Posted
1 hour ago, dec10snow said:

Got 50mph gusts predicted for most of the day here tomorrow, no warning though which is odd, usually 45-50mph is the highest we get and that tends to be accompanied by a yellow warning from the Met. 

This is exactly the problem I highlighted last time - zero consistency. The MO are showing 45mph here for some 12 hours. The last spell of rough weather had a warning for the same wind speeds and they only lasted 4 or 5 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Wind picking up now and some drizzly rain at the moment. 16C

Posted
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Windy now + a few light sprinkles of rain. Gusting to 33mph. Temp 17.9°C

I have a relaxing afternoon to start my new aquascape.

20181011_133102_HDR.thumb.jpg.ed603079a5f0465fb4905cdbdb45fb72.jpg 20181011_133117.thumb.jpg.af01ae93f7f38bf85345abd2dfccd5fa.jpg

I've got some amazing pieces of wood to use! Lot's of super gluing moss and plants to the wood.

@Mapantz, you have so many good things going on in your life, fishing off the Dorset coast, aquaria, and weather watching.....life is full

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Cannot believe that I'm getting the garden ready for winter. Just been out cutting down dead plants and sweeping up leaves from one of trees which has already lost all of it's leaves - only 2 weeks ago it was a colourful orange.

Posted
35 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Cannot believe that I'm getting the garden ready for winter. Just been out cutting down dead plants and sweeping up leaves from one of trees which has already lost all of it's leaves - only 2 weeks ago it was a colourful orange.

Hmm, sounds like me, I'm sweeping up the leaves from the neighbours maple...every day, will welcome a decent breeze to put an end to it all, after all they aint mine...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
16 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Hmm, sounds like me, I'm sweeping up the leaves from the neighbours maple...every day, will welcome a decent breeze to put an end to it all, after all they aint mine...

Yes same with out neighbours gigantic copper beech tree. Around late Oct/early Nov every year it loses it leaves and we spend ages cleaning it all up, I wish we could just go and chuck them over the hedge!

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

@Mapantz, you have so many good things going on in your life, fishing off the Dorset coast, aquaria, and weather watching.....life is full

I try to keep busy with as many projects as possible Db. 2018 has been a stressful year, so aquascaping tanks is a good stress reliever, even more so when they up and running. :)

I had a few other jobs to do today, so I didn't quite finish it all. However, most of the hardscape is done.

2 driftwood pieces
JBL ProScape Volcano Mineral rocks as a base substrate
JBL Volcano powder on top
Tropica Aquasoil
Tropica Powder Soil
Seiryu stone
Fine white quartz gravel for cosmetic purposes

I have some small touches to add, like some 1 inch seiryu pieces and some shale to sprinkly around when the stone meets the sand.

20181011_162556_HDR.thumb.jpg.7de89530eb8606288d256561ea7eaa6f.jpg 20181011_214025_HDR.thumb.jpg.4a59614ef2bf8ee5538bc5ac3e971d9f.jpg

I have stacks of planting to do tomorrow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold weather. Storms are pretty good too.
18 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I try to keep busy with as many projects as possible Db. 2018 has been a stressful year, so aquascaping tanks is a good stress reliever, even more so when they up and running. :)

I had a few other jobs to do today, so I didn't quite finish it all. However, most of the hardscape is done.

2 driftwood pieces
JBL ProScape Volcano Mineral rocks as a base substrate
JBL Volcano powder on top
Tropica Aquasoil
Tropica Powder Soil
Seiryu stone
Fine white quartz gravel for cosmetic purposes

I have some small touches to add, like some 1 inch seiryu pieces and some shale to sprinkly around when the stone meets the sand.

20181011_162556_HDR.thumb.jpg.7de89530eb8606288d256561ea7eaa6f.jpg 20181011_214025_HDR.thumb.jpg.4a59614ef2bf8ee5538bc5ac3e971d9f.jpg

I have stacks of planting to do tomorrow.

Oh, very nice! What fish you planning to have?

• Like 1

Posted
38 minutes ago, coldfingers1 said:

Oh, very nice! What fish you planning to have?

I'm not sure yet. I'm partial to the tetra species and rasboras. I like fish that explore all levels of the water column, rather than sticking to just one. Also, nothing that wants to move the soil around lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

BBC going for a predominantly wet Saturday, N-W going for predominantly dry. Let's see what happens - gonna be outdoors most of Saturday and indoors most of Sunday so hope N-W is right.

Posted

Windy and drizzly, with the heavier rain not far west. Also looks like Friday night be will be very mild, with the temperature not forecast to fall below 18/19C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Hello Callum!

Blowing an absolute hoolie out there. Bet the trees loose most of their leaves in this!

Posted

Didn't manage much sleep last night, strong gusts and relentless rain. A couple of times I really did wonder if the window was coming in.. If this carries on as forecast, the rain totals will be huge, it does sound pretty wild out there. Drive safely today folks and watch out for any fallen trees and branches. Let's hope we don't get any power cuts. 

Edited by SNOW CRYSTAL

Posted

Morning All, a damp start this morning but warm again 15.2 °C. Currently 1.2mm of rainfall, although if as projected this will pull away fairly soon and head up the west coast so rainfall figures for us aren't expected to increase in large amounts. Tad breezy with a steady 27knts in the harbour.