Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

High was 13.1°C here just after midnight and it felt cold walking outside not long ago  a cold breeze and the persistent drizzle that followed this afternoons heavier rain. Up to 12.2mm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

If ever there is a true example of a "washout weekend", this is it.

I don't think I've literally seen it stop raining yet, & looking at the radar, I don't think I will for a while.

Should have just worked overtime. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

image.thumb.png.2ed8c0e5f480368a6eee3eeb7a6726ed.png

Snow in October anyone! 

Very unlikely, obviously, but it's possible with all the cold nights coming up under the HP, the showers could be snowy!
I know it won't happen yet though, let's wait until November and the rest of winter.

Posted

Saying that though Leon it's dropped from 11c to 6.9c in the last hour or so, so some really cold air tucking in as the LOW begins to clear. This weekend could have been a whiteout in winter (or early Spring as we discovered in March!). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well I've got October 28th to beat as earliest snowfall date, shortly followed by November 4th (2012). I distinctly remember the cold spell in October 2003 when it was about 4C with rain in the afternoon and higher ground had some wintriness, I think around the 22nd. 

Anyway, here and now, rain has just stopped and the cloud is beginning to thin a bit. Feels cold out though at just 8C.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Currently 10.0°C here, up from a min of 9.7°C.  Yesterday's max was 12.3°C.  Rainfall total (09.00 to 09.00 GMT) was 23.9mm, making it the wettest day of the year so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
59 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Saying that though Leon it's dropped from 11c to 6.9c in the last hour or so, so some really cold air tucking in as the LOW begins to clear. This weekend could have been a whiteout in winter (or early Spring as we discovered in March!). 

59 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Well I've got October 28th to beat as earliest snowfall date, shortly followed by November 4th (2012). I distinctly remember the cold spell in October 2003 when it was about 4C with rain in the afternoon and higher ground had some wintriness, I think around the 22nd. 

Anyway, here and now, rain has just stopped and the cloud is beginning to thin a bit. Feels cold out though at just 8C.

Yes true. That happened in December last year where it was raining through the night and morning but the temp dropped and by afternoon it was snowing, sadly that was a non snow event for below the M4. Still got hopes for this year.

There is a youtube video of snow in Bath in November 2012 and it's very nice to watch: 

Posted

Well the last couple of days will help to combat the rainfall deficit from this summer at least, current temperature is 9.4°C with RH99%. Totalled 28.6mm from the last couple of days with some more on its way for a marginal topup.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

There is a youtube video of snow in Bath in November 2012 and it's very nice to watch: 

Amazing what soap flakes can do in the bath....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

It's over! Last of the rain cleared through and now I can see plenty of blue sky, the cloud is actually clearing much quicker than expected. Meto are giving us an afternoon of clear blue sky from 15z but it looks to be happening much quicker. The breeze should dry up the streets pretty quickly.

Currently 11C which is quite chilly but it looks like we have a great week ahead.

Look at all the blue sky on the live cam: http://www.skylinewebcams.com/webcam/united-kingdom/england/torquay/torquay.html

Edited by TQWX

Posted
12 minutes ago, TQWX said:

It's over! Last of the rain cleared through and now I can see plenty of blue sky, the cloud is actually clearing much quicker than expected. Meto are giving us an afternoon of clear blue sky from 15z but it looks to be happening much quicker. The breeze should dry up the streets pretty quickly.

Currently 11C which is quite chilly but it looks like we have a great week ahead.

Look at all the blue sky on the live cam: http://www.skylinewebcams.com/webcam/united-kingdom/england/torquay/torquay.html

Brightening up here too yay! First sun of the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cool and wet so far today. Brightening up now as the back edge of the rain approaches but still raining st the moment. Only 9.6°C at the moment although that’ll probably start rising soon. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
2 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Yes true. That happened in December last year where it was raining through the night and morning but the temp dropped and by afternoon it was snowing, sadly that was a non snow event for below the M4. Still got hopes for this year.

It was a frustrating event as we had about 1cm on everything except the roads, yet only 50m higher there was a proper covering and Bristol Airport at 150m was well and truly snowed on.

The Boxing Day night one was better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I was sat at 5.2mm of rain for the month on Wednesday. 45.6mm has fallen since then. 19.2mmm yesterday + 13.2mm today.

Anyway, sun's out and it's 12°C.

Posted
3 minutes ago, MP-R said:

It was a frustrating event as we had about 1cm on everything except the roads, yet only 50m higher there was a proper covering and Bristol Airport at 150m was well and truly snowed on.

The Boxing Day night one was better.

Boxing Day last year? Yeah that was good as I was further up north that night so got some good snowfall.

Posted

Sunny now and slowly creeping up towards 12°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Up to 13c here now and it’s Lovely- sun is out few clouds and a gentle Northerlies! But a proper Autumn feel this weekend :) 

Posted

Morning all, a cool night with an overnight low of 5.9°C  leads us into a clear blue skies start to the day. Seems like some folks want it still to be summer as walking into the office this morning the heating is blaring out @25C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A chilly, clear start at 3C

Posted

A cold low of 1.2°C which has lead to a slight grass frost, setting us up for a lovely autumn day. This week looks good for getting autumn colour going!

Posted

3C minimum last night. Very high pressure too at 1040mb. I'll check my records but possibly my highest reading for September ever.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
13 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I'll check my records but possibly my highest reading for September ever.

I was just thinking that myself. 

It's the highest of the year too.

• Like 1