Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Finally just started raining here after an hour of the radar showing rain with nothing happening outside. Wind increased a bit more based on how loud it now is. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Hi all

It’s tipping it down here, rain is beating against my patio doors which means it’s windy. Plus I can hear it, so I know it’s windy lol. Certainly not just spits and spots of rain here. Misses has to drive home at midnight, so have warned her to take it steady, unless travelling under big trees, in that instance floor it

Have you moved Karlos? Nothing more than bits & pieces of drizzle here. 

Posted

I think this is one of those cases where people further inland find this rough due to the fact that it's usually coastal areas that take the brunt of it and it's not often 40mph gusts cover a swathe 50+ miles inland. But, for me, this isn't stormy. It's pretty windy, yes, but also uneventful. There's been plenty of times with winds like this, and no warnings have been issued, let alone a named storm

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

I think this is one of those cases where people further inland find this rough due to the fact that it's usually coastal areas that take the brunt of it and it's not often 40mph gusts cover a swathe 50+ miles inland. But, for me, this isn't stormy. It's pretty windy, yes, but also uneventful. There's been plenty of times with winds like this, and no warnings have been issued, let alone a named storm

I still have my doubts about all this naming of ‘storms’. It’s almost insulting to the parts of the world that have hurricanes/typhoons that are named and rightly so.

I thought the minimum requirement for the UKMO to name a storm was for an Amber warning to be issued. Still early days, it still could be a very wild night out there tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Looks like a squall line trying to develop, with a convenient gap due to pass right over... yep... me!

Posted
14 minutes ago, Super_Uwe said:

Rain has been heavy at times in Salcombe, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Very, very squally shower just passed through in the last minute or so. All sorts tumbling around out there!

Yup I heard that too just north of Kingsbridge! Very loud on the kids monitor. Looks like that's it for now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
39 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Have you moved Karlos? Nothing more than bits & pieces of drizzle here. 

Not yet, November . I can confirm I was outside and it was raining..... hard! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Not yet, November . I can confirm I was outside and it was raining..... hard! 

ahh I see.

I'm in the same boat as MP-R. All the gaps found my location. I was hoping for a nice drop of rain as everything is bone dry and the pond is pretty low. One of the driest September's i've recorded, so far.

• Like 1

Posted

For 5 minutes just now the rain was absolutely torrential and swirling around in very strong winds as the squall moved through, now calm and stopped raining. Briefly dramatic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Pretty bang on the warning scope to be fair 

D025A2BF-BD2E-4019-B870-442BBF439BAA.thumb.png.0a3d759681999b27c809ab1317ff1cb5.png

It can go away now, I want to go to sleep lol 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Huge squall just woke me up

Posted

Down to 8.1c this morning with frequent showers from a Bristol Channel streamer that's looking like lasting a long time.

There was a brilliant squall around 23.30 to midnight.

Posted

Awesome night down in the SW and we are in a valley! I couldn't hear the baby monitor music for the wind and rain over it. Just awesome! Even if it did terrify the kids

Posted

Very different start to yesterday. 9C and blustery with shower clouds running just south of here.

Posted

Not really the gales they were forecasting last night, but we had more rain than I expected..
Looks like the main track came through between 11pm and 1am. Wind picked up to 20-25mph with gusts of 25-35mph. Had a few gusts of 38-43mph.
Had a heavy spell of rain pas through very quickly around 1am, 6.8mm and an earlier spell around 11pm of 1mm.
Was 18.8c at midnight and a low of 11c at 7am.

Lovely blue skies and sunny this morning, 13.5c, Westerly wind 9-15mph with some 20mph gusts.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Currently on M5 just outside Bristol and road conditions are appalling. Torrential rain, lots of surface water and gusty winds. Not ideal

The shower streamer is now running straight West to East whereas earlier it was NW-SE, further South it's now really sunny and VERY gusty. In these set ups a subtle change in wind direction makes a big difference.

Posted

16.2°C and sunny spells.

Forecast says gusting to 40mph. Reality, gusting to 20mph. Wind forecasts have been well off over the past 24 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
20 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

The shower streamer is now running straight West to East whereas earlier it was NW-SE, further South it's now really sunny and VERY gusty. In these set ups a subtle change in wind direction makes a big difference.

Exactly what it’s like here. Feels cool compared to recently although still pleasant when out of the breeze. 16.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Not a fan at all of this windy weather, in fact I hate it so I hope the settled spell arriving early next week is still on, haven't had find to browse the mod thread yet today to see.