Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Starting to get windy again here, had a little shower around an hour ago. Waiting for the real rain now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

And here we go! Very big gusts of wind, raining just started with big drops. Wonder what damage we'll see in the morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
3 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

And here we go! Very big gusts of wind, raining just started with big drops. Wonder what damage we'll see in the morning?

Just locked down the bins!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's still not really happening here. It's windy, but the gusts are 10 - 15mph down on current forecasts, and there's quite big gaps where the wind drops to nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's still not really happening here. It's windy, but the gusts are 10 - 15mph down on current forecasts, and there's quite big gaps where the wind drops to nothing.

You'll know when it hits, it was all out of nowhere here so expect it at any point!

Posted

I'm wondering when we will next see temperatures as high as they are right now? 

It's currently 18.6c having risen 1.5c since sunset (!!!) and feels rather balmy despite the wind and rain.

Possibly next Tuesday afternoon for it to be this warm again.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

My watering can blew over!

OH NO lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, bellanite said:

On the boat. Wind just starting to pick up in port. This is going to be interesting! 

Good luck... :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Radar has rain over me.. but it's not raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Radar has rain over me.. but it's not raining.

Same here, or at least if it is it's not reaching the ground as I couldn't feel anything. 

Posted

Cornwall just had a gust of 80mph so be careful guys. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Cornwall just had a gust of 80mph so be careful guys. 

Got any info on that? I can't find anything from looking at various observations. Capel Curig and Pembrey Sands are in the low 60's.

Posted

rain is too loud through double glazing right now

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Got any info on that? I can't find anything from looking at various observations. Capel Curig and Pembrey Sands are in the low 60's.

It was recorded at Gwennap village in Cornwall. The gust was 35.9 metres per second although you never know it could be an error. Its also recording gust of 70mph so who knows.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

It was recorded at Gwennap village in Cornwall. The gust was 35.9 metres per second although you never know it could be an error. Its also recording gust of 70mph so who knows.

That's definitely erroneous. I know a friend who has a station in Carnkie, just a few miles West of there. Max gust on that station is 42mph.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

That's definitely erroneous. I know a friend who has a station in Carnkie, just a few miles West of there. Max gust on that station is 42mph.

A strong possibility but it has been recording accurate data beforehand and its not a random gust, the thing to takeaway is to not let your guard down when the coldfront comes through you could have some pretty big gusts. most likely the data was not accurate but who really knows.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

rain is too loud through double glazing right now

and my bedroom has plain old single glazing with a wooden frame. Doh!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
7 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

A strong possibility but it has been recording accurate data beforehand and its not a random gust, the thing to takeaway is to not let your guard down when the coldfront comes through you could have some pretty big gusts. most likely the data was not accurate but who really knows.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EssexWeather/status/1042870875559796738 Yes Essex Weather has tweeted about it and provided the link to the Weather Station, so it may not be completely false.

Edited by AppleUK 123

Posted

I don't believe it for a second. There's no other data in and around that area that backs it up.
I also see it's being recorded by an ultrasonic anemometer. They are known to flip out when raindrops get accelerated through the 4 sensors.

Posted

I see the heavy rainfall is pretty much sidestepping here.. storm Boner is not rising to the occasion. July 29th was worse than this.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very tropical feeling outside but still no heavy rain. I seem to have a semi permanent hole in the precipitation over my area. Odd gusts of wind but nothing too bad yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hi all

It’s tipping it down here, rain is beating against my patio doors which means it’s windy. Plus I can hear it, so I know it’s windy lol. Certainly not just spits and spots of rain here. Misses has to drive home at midnight, so have warned her to take it steady, unless travelling under big trees, in that instance floor it