Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I noticed how much warmer it felt out there when I went outside a few minutes ago compared to how it felt earlier. 17.7°C which is the high for today. Ended up with 17.0mm of rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Just wondering but is Greenland always as cold as this at this time of year, just seems unusual to me that's all.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Just wondering but is Greenland always as cold as this at this time of year, just seems unusual to me that's all.

Not sure but it' still average here, and expected to warm up as the week progresses, currently 19.5°C  and feels quite reasonable right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Not sure but it' still average here, and expected to warm up as the week progresses, currently 19.5°C  and feels quite reasonable right now.

Thanks for answering. 17.6 here with the sun poking through the clouds.

Posted
On 27/08/2018 at 15:25, Dorsetbred said:

17.1c here and light cloud

Posted

Showers that I'm sure just convected out of nowhere have started light rain over Bath and south-west towards France. 

Edited by Leon1
corrections

Posted
17 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Showers that I'm sure just convected out of nowhere have started light rain over Bath and south-west towards France. 

Probably along an upper Warm Front which was shown on Fax Charts but was not forecast to produce anything other than scattered or sporadic showers in the Central Southern areas.

However there is far more rain showing further West than any forecast I've seen.

I would expect a lot of it to be falling from mid-high level cloud and to be evaporating before reaching the ground. If it was light there would be some pretty cool cloudscapes.

Posted

Morning All an overcast start after some patchy rain overnight, with the rain moving away eastwards fairly quickly and a dying front from the NW making it's way toward us. Overnight low of 13.1°C at: 06:26 has only marginally increased over the couple of hours.

Posted
14 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Probably along an upper Warm Front which was shown on Fax Charts but was not forecast to produce anything other than scattered or sporadic showers in the Central Southern areas.

However there is far more rain showing further West than any forecast I've seen.

I would expect a lot of it to be falling from mid-high level cloud and to be evaporating before reaching the ground. If it was light there would be some pretty cool cloudscapes.

We got mostly light drizzle with a few heavier bursts amounting to 2.2mm

Posted

Turning into a nice warm afternoon, certainly the warmest it's felt for a while with less of a keen breeze.

Some pretty heavy showers out towards Newton Abbot way, I can see the dark skies in the distance from here.

Posted

It's been lovely and warm since 3ish, but clouding over. The met now has the heavy shower symbol for 5pm. We'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sun has been peeking in and out over the past 2 hours or so, nice and warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy all day but a brief sunny period earlier which made it feel warm for a time. Reached 20.9°C. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Looks eery. Can feel a few drops

9027ED7D-7882-44FF-8267-E015858AB744.jpeg

Posted
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Looks eery. Can feel a few drops

9027ED7D-7882-44FF-8267-E015858AB744.jpeg

Same here.

• Like 1

Posted

Dodged the rain so far from this lonesome shower. Didn't get wet on our walk. It's gone pretty dark though and I can see rain failing over Cranborne Chase way. 

IMG_20180829_181626895.thumb.jpg.133baae9bc1054da98529fd30de8eaab.jpg

Posted

Also looks dark near here. 

BB6E2928-AD50-45CE-91C1-6FD63E24A532.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

I thought that shower was going to miss here but no it didn’t, very heavy rain here at the moment.