Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, egret said:

Are you getting showers off the stream currently coming up from the Cherbourg Peninsular? We had a few spots half an hour ago but the edge of the stream seems to be about 10 miles to our East. (probably my fault for deciding not to water the patio plant pots because it will rain!)

They went over me earlier on, but zilch made it to the ground.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yep, gardeners shouldn't get too excited.

Radar had dark blues and greens bang over me but very little fell and the patio is already dry!(despite still being under light blue radar precipitation)

Posted

Morning All, an overcast stratus sky greets us this morning, after an overnight low of 12.5°C at: 04:28 and currently 14°C with an RH80%. Radar suggests some opportunity for showers for some, but I wont hold my breath yet.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
14 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Amazing, it looked really dark to our East - I imagined you would have had a good soaking in the Purbecks. I was up in N Dorset walking on the Downs last night and saw some young badgers foraging - they look very small and thin for their age but at least they are alive. I imagine they will be raiding blackberries for moisture now and will have had a good feed of worms in the rain a fortnight ago which will have helped bolster them. Hard times for many creatures but insects and their predators probably doing alright.

We live quite near the watermeadows and are seeing an abnormally large number of bats in the garden (four different species), I am wondering if they might have moved away from drier areas. We also have a little owl visiting which I have not seen before (occasional tawny owl in the past but not little owl ). It visits both at dusk and at 4.30 am!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just got back from Poole. Hole's bay stinks today. 
Currently sunny spells and 19.9 °C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very autumnal today compared to of late. Actually had a rain shower this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow
22 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I think the plume (if it is one!!) is destabilising much further West than any forecast has shown. The current radar looks like one we often see in mid to late evening.

Hi Andy I hoping we get a thunderstorm this mouth at some 

Posted

We've had one rainy day since the end of May and I was in London and missed it. A dozen convective drops doesn't count! Noticed a lot of animals- farmed and wild- struggling. Saw some cows the other day struggling in a very dry, yellow field

Posted

I'm assuming that this line of showers is going to fade over Cranborne Chase, as it usually would.

We've got friends arriving for a BBQ in 20 mins.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Line of showers is just about here, not sure how much it will produce, but I'm not getting overexcited!  Started as I was typing, may be enough for me not to have to water my few precious plants that I've been keeping going.

Posted
5 hours ago, jtay said:

I'm assuming that this line of showers is going to fade over Cranborne Chase, as it usually would.

We've got friends arriving for a BBQ in 20 mins.

Fizzled out. Standard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Heavy shower around an hour ago, drizzly and breezy now

Posted

Morning all, a layer of stratus over us this morning although I can see a break way out to the west. Overnight rain was very light, in fact you have to look hard to see that it did rain at all. Currently at the overnight low temperature of 14.6°C with RH81%

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Dry, dry, dry.  Rain a few days ago half filled one water butt but it’s all gone again with watering the tubs of vegetables.

everything dries out so quickly and droops looking sorry for itself!  Got to keep the runner beans going.

Very hot sun, real burning feel to it.   

Loads of lovely baby blackbirds and sparrows using the bird bath every day, lots of splashing and fun.  They look like they really love it.  

Got a pond and have seen some frogs but no spawn this year.   A few dragonflies and damsel flies.

a very few bats who feed across the front garden but not as many as usual.

hardly any butterflies in spite of lots of the right food plants grown.   But huge amounts of lovely bees, so that’s good.

No rain today, more sun by the look of it!   Getting bored with it now!  Only joking!

Temps 16c at night and 22 to 24c days.    No wind.   Clear blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Right on the edge of the high cloud veil here with blue skies to the west. Sun trying to poke through but feeling cool.

Posted

A dry day yesterday, max just under 22c.
Since 1am this morning its been raining lightly, 1.2mm so far.
Was 18c at midnight and 15.3c at 6am, now 16.7c, 1012.7 hpa, wind light 2-5mph N to NNW

Posted

Dry drive to work this morning, no rain at home.  E Basingstoke has had a shower and its still very overcast.

Posted

1.2mm in the gauge this morning, some from the line of frontal showers yesterday evening and the rest from overnight.  Currently overcast but squinty bright with occasional glimpses of the sun.

Posted

Dodged the rain again this morning. All sliding North East of here, leaving it bright and breezy.

Might be a different story tomorrow afternoon, if this nice little feature slips through our region as forecast below.

Met Office Fax Synoptic Chart
Picked up on the NetWx-SR at 15Z.

image.thumb.png.a594a506a827f2df2b6c124d7237654d.png

A rumble, or two would be a nice end to the working week.
Edited by jtay

Posted

Much warmer this afternoon with blue skies and some cumulus, actually feels warmer than the 22.1°C on the thermometer.  Much more my sort of summer's day.

Posted

Plenty of sun again today in Salcombe, although much breezier today. Makes a big difference, we went up the outdoor swimming pool this afternoon and the wind whipping around makes you feel cold out of the water very quickly!