Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

While the Met & Euro4 has any excitement clipping the South East this evening, the Hirlam does bring a bit of shower activity further West at tea time.

image.thumb.png.53312ddfce8763d6f02e315150930675.png

Sat24 currently shows a weak affair crossing NW France.

https://en.sat24.com/en/fr

Posted
18 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Amazing looking clouds whilst leaving Mallorca earlier today. I imagine they developed into storms soon after this picture was taken.

0oXoVqLlZru_zBUQah5n8ZAJwO--vtbizb1Km_5D5UeNHaZRt30N6QrOehWll-ovc8R2S5nrCB8HxgCB6q0uwhv-OEV7Ip8RlFrJdf-ySYn0YjXMV2trz_VT0Go0Irx77cyCWGesg7rTDvsnNtuXsEj0xRtLBW8cTvmetSp7r9L88CaH2zYfG1pGilbnDHFn6BovMl4ppGqfnOG1fT2A6zHGPW5o9CHv-IbslrAvj-2rcrz3hF8iDYyTYgBReWcr0bgXdQCUYv4hD-iRvHDqfjhmjEXgnH-0lXVT8GCm1S2KV-4dDa-roBN0aHHptN034o8D_2erlOH4yDWkS7L5u_1ZGXyGTfDhUtwtGZvPw-xIjTUsxoWDyImfEFKFAL40Xf9oXiE1FNYTnv6VJQB_-hqTFAOEJeQAlVHIuEoauWqgvSt9iRRFlz5q8a0Nx1ZWep1iIIvIqPvVbMqDegfTWsHcJTL8DQ9Evx0sJHOGVfuRXCH5RY7jiA3wKXczKkrx2H5rPvxTbzaOOXNUDSYXSK5YjL5SoiZTnMSjLodX--CBWSHtLHEsudLmIeg8k-Km_xdWqU3YfOMm5R1yultWYcjyc9nXs1IeTqD5hBye=w731-h974-no

Did you catch the storm out there on Sunday 22nd?

We were out on the East Coast and watched it heading in from the North from our balcony. There were a few decent rumbles and a fair squall when it came through. Watching everyone scatter from the beach was pretty funny.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Too much cloud around yet again today - seems to be the story of this month so far. At least it's still warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

6 hours of blue skies, then it goes completely overcast. That wasn't forecast, and it still isn't now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Same here in Newquay. Odd glimpse of the sun but generally overcast.

Makes a change posting in the SW thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
38 minutes ago, jtay said:

Did you catch the storm out there on Sunday 22nd?

We were out on the East Coast and watched it heading in from the North from our balcony. There were a few decent rumbles and a fair squall when it came through. Watching everyone scatter from the beach was pretty funny.

No we arrived on the 23rd, but I did watch it progress from at home.

Posted
32 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

6 hours of blue skies, then it goes completely overcast. That wasn't forecast, and it still isn't now.

I think the plume (if it is one!!) is destabilising much further West than any forecast has shown. The current radar looks like one we often see in mid to late evening.

Posted
39 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I think the plume (if it is one!!) is destabilising much further West than any forecast has shown. The current radar looks like one we often see in mid to late evening.

It certainly looks like it. Lot's of visible virga fallstreak not long ago, nothing reaching the ground, despite being under a few yellow radar echoes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy now after a sunny start with a few spots of rain not long ago. Quite breezy but feeling warm. 23.2°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hot and humid again....the sun though partly hidden by thickening Ac Cas from the SW whlst crystal clear skies to the west and north.....I mentioned in the convective thread a couple of hours ago that the plume is destabalsing further west than modeled, but even so I'm probably still too far west for anything here, but might get a distant light show after dark maybe?.....for thunderstorms I'd say a line roughly weymouth NE to Reading eastwards

Posted

Temp did drop to 21.7°C when it turned overcast. The sun is back out now, temp back up to 25.3°C

Posted
12 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

hot and humid again....the sun though partly hidden by thickening Ac Cas from the SW whlst crystal clear skies to the west and north.....I mentioned in the convective thread a couple of hours ago that the plume is destabalsing further west than modeled, but even so I'm probably still too far west for anything here, but might get a distant light show after dark maybe?.....for thunderstorms I'd say a line roughly weymouth NE to Reading eastwards

Hope so. I'm in the firing line. 28c here. Overcast and feeling more humid than it actually is. Quite unpleasant

Posted

Lovely day in Salcombe, much more sun than expected this afternoon. Watched the Spotlight forecast yesterday evening and it did seem to suggest more cloud, but no complaints from me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful skies out there again. Almost a repeat of yesterday with castellanus everywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

quiet end to the heatwave here with no storms... what a surprise :whistling:

Shouldn't complain though its been a great summer and now im relishing the longer nights as autumn creeps into view. :good:

• Like 1

Posted

It's raining!
Seems odd I am happy to say that, last was that July 29th spell.

Had a few claps of Thunder earlier too.
Hit a high of 28x at midday, now 23c, 1006c. Been a very sticky feeling day.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Shouldn't complain though its been a great summer and now im relishing the longer nights as autumn creeps into view. :good:

It's not over yet! Plenty more hot weather to come between now and  September 23rd. ☝️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
11 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's not over yet! Plenty more hot weather to come between now and  September 23rd. ☝️

True but i do enjoy the longer nights and easier sleeping etc 

Starting to get those early morning dews on the cars now a bit more often. 

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Are you getting showers off the stream currently coming up from the Cherbourg Peninsular? We had a few spots half an hour ago but the edge of the stream seems to be about 10 miles to our East. (probably my fault for deciding not to water the patio plant pots because it will rain!)